“Convenient, nice, but double beds?”

Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Maine
“Convenient, nice, but double beds?”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I'll admit that I would rate this hotel higher if they had queen sized beds instead of double beds in the rooms with two beds. We needed a room that would hold us and our teenaged daughter, but sleeping in a double bed, instead of a queen or king, is not something I really enjoy. We went ahead with it, because other relatives had already booked here, and we wanted to be with them. The public areas were excellent for our needs before and after the event. We hung out by the fire and chatted, and enjoyed some of the complimentary cookies and tea/coffee in the evening, and gathered there again in the morning. Staff were helpful and polite. Corridors, and the room, were exceptionally quiet. Maid could have done a better job cleaning the tub/shower area from previous guest. I would stay here again if it were just my husband and I, and then we could get a room with a king-sized bed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank heddlemaid
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for your review here on trip advisor! I appreciate your comments regarding our beds and want you to know that a double bed is fairly typical in most hotels. That being said, we do offer King size rooms with sofa beds and larger corner rooms that easily accommodate a roll away (double) bed. The next time you are traveling, be sure to let us know the make up of the guests in your room, I would have made certain you were more comfortable in a different room type!

Thanks for letting us know how you enjoyed our service and I hope we see you again soon!

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Puget Sound, Washington
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I was initially unsure about this hotel but they proved me wrong. Norwalk is not a prime vacation spot, but this is a good location for business especially in the Merritt 7 area.
Pros:
First, I must say that the staff was super friendly and helpful about everything.
Clean rooms
Free internet
Cozy fireplace in the lobby which helped on a cold day
Free area shuttle
Cons:
Found it hard to regulate the room temperature. I like the room around 74 or 75 degrees, but it stayed around 71-73.
I could hear the shower from the ajoining room
Fitness center is small, 2 treadmills, 2 elipiticals, and free weights

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your note! I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be so friendly and accommodating. Norwalk is a wonderful town for business or pleasure. Although we are located in the busniess district, we offer complimentary shuttle service to South Norwalk, home to one of New England's greatest aquariums! South Norwalk is home to numerous restaurants, shops, a children's museum, harbor cruises and more. The next time you are in the area, please be sure to take advantage of all we have to offer!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2011

We worked with Kate Lynn while planning a large family event. She provided the highest level of service one could expect and even went beyond. We had a lot of details to plan but she made the hotel arrangements easy for us and our guest. Guests were impressed with the level of service. Thank you !!!!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Bevres
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
You are more than WELCOME! I am glad to hear you had a great time here and that Katelyn was able to take care of all of your details! We pride ourselves on our service and I am thrilled to hear that Katelyn came through for you!

Thanks for your kind words!

Buffalo, NY
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Have stayed at a couple of hotels in this area, and will be back to this hotel.

Hotel was quiet in rooms at night, no slamming doors, or noisy hallway. Nice bar/food area downstairs. Very convenient to local restaurants and businesses.

Hotel was very helpful in getting me access to LA Fitness down the street, so I definately appreciated that

Just a great place to stay

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I am so happy to hear you enjoy coming here and that we are your preferred Norwalk Hotel!

Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We loved our stay, it was the second year and we were treated like family. The staff is outstanding, kind, good at what they do and pure professionals.

• Stayed November 2011
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thanks for your note! We think of all of our guests as family and believe they are all 5 stars too! Thanks for taking the time to recognize my team here on Trip Adviisor!

Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This place is great. Quiet. Clean. Convenient. They have a nice bar in the lobby. And they do a lovely brunch in the mornings. The beds are incredible. I have to say I am now a Hilton Garden Inn girl. It is my first choice wherever I go...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
I am so happy to hear that we have made a LOYAL guest out of you! Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel! We pride ourselves on the special amenities that we offer, like our breakfast! Where else can you get an all you can eat buffet with made to order eggs, pancakes, french toast, and daily specials, for one simple price!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

McLean, Virginia
Reviewed October 24, 2011

First of all, the manager contacted us by email and discounted our rate and provided breakfast cupons when she learned that our group of reservations were for a family gathering for a memorial service. Next, when one of our members fell, the staff provided first aid and a new cane, bought specially. Finally, they mailed, FED EX, a computer that got left behind. Home was never like this!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank margot779
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thanks for recognizing my team here on Trip Advisor! We strive to be sure that everyone of our guests is made to feel at home. Whether it is first aide, a cane or the return of a computer, you can always count on us! Thanks for chosing to stay with us!