“If you want to laugh and enjoy a delish relaxing meal, come to banc house.”

BJ Ryan's BanC House
Ranked #29 of 420 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In keeping with BJ Ryan's tradition, the BANC House continues to bring new flavor to Norwalk. Be our guest and feel right at home with great food and a wonderful atmosphere. Our full menu of regional BBQ and crab favorites, appetizers, sides, and desserts is served all day, every day, from 11:30 am - 11:00 pm.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have to come to BanC house with my boyfriend. Each time a different owner was there for the night. B.J. and Buckley are very personable and hands on owners. Buckley took our drink/food order and delivered our food during a busy dinner hour.

I got the lobster both times I went which was absolutely delish! If we didn't like a side they offered to give us another no questions asked. We loved our sides! Fried pickles, burnt ends, creamy spinach, and sweet potatoes are items I have had and loved. Graham the bartender is really great. He's a funny guy and knowledgeable guy.

I look forward to trying everything on there menu in time. Great place! Great food! Oh they also play country music for all the country fans.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The barbecue, pulled pork/ brisket combo was 80% fat - 20% 3rd rate quality meat with almost no flavor whatsoever. The baked beans looked and tasted like shop rite brand from a can. I moved here from Georgia. This place wouldn't stay in business a month down there.

1  Thank Newyankee
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a business lunch here with staff. Delicious food, great service, nice atmosphere. Will certainly plan to go back with family. Looking forward to trying more of the smoked meats.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I discovered BJ Ryans BANC house a few months ago and have been a semi-regular there ever since. They have some of the best 'comfort' food and seafood in the area hands down. My regular go-to dishes are the Oysters (local Norwalk oysters are the least expensive and quite delish) coupled with the Alaskan King Crab legs paired with their creamed spinach. I have also tried the BANC Bread (w gorgonzola), Crabby Pretzel Dip and Ribs - all are phenomenally delicious in their own right.
Great menu, great staff, great drinks and a fun bar scene with plenty of TVs if the big game is on - this is the local watering hole/ restaurant I have been looking for in Fairfield County.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Love this place. The bar-b-que meats are fantastic and the service is decent. However, it seems the sides are slipping, like the beans, cole slaw, macaroni, etc. My wife likes sides and told me she will not return. It is my imagination or have they traded in home-made beans for canned beans? They were horrible.