“not worth it” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Reservations, Seating
“not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

poor food and service. the silverware was dirty we were there with only one other party and they were not attentive. I could forgive that if the food was worth eating won't ever go back

Visited October 2012

Wilton, Connecticut
“Alway good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have been to Giussepe's on different occassions and have always found the food and service very good. The last time we went ,my wife had a fish dish that was very fresh and tasty. For me it was the chicken scarpiello which I think is the best. There were few tables taken when we arrived at 630pm but the restaurant was filled when we left. We find the owner very pleasant and friendly,

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank CAROL10100
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“Food is good! Service needs improvement :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'm a local and always wanted to try this place. Thanks to a Living Social coupon we were able to do that. It was oddly empty at 7pm on a Friday night but soon every table filled up. This place can certainly use more servers, but the owner and bus boy were friendly. The food was really good, but we also, like previously mentioned, got our ($8) glass of wine in a dripping wet glass which we wondered why? I ordered the appetizer eggplant rolotini as my meal so he offered to make it entree size, and the caprese salad and I enjoyed both. My husband ordered the chicken cordon blue, which I guess was Italian style with prosutto & eggplant stuffed inside. He enjoyed it! No dessert our bill was $60 before the coupon. I would go here again....with a coupon ;)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gina N
Darien, Connecticut
“Buonissimo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Trattoria continues to be outstanding. I' ve been so many times aand they do a great job.Service is really friendly and the food is always delicious.Try the baked eggplant and fresh pasta, especially cavatelli with broccoli rabe, my favourite. The biggest challenge fot his lovely restaurant,looks like the location.In my opinion, if Giuseppe was located in South Norwalk, It could be a real winner.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Karen1969W
Norwalk, Connecticut
“To save time in reading the whole review, here is the bottom line- AVOID AT ALL COSTS!.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I cannot believe this place received any positive reviews! Always the risk taker, I went. It was not crowded, which should have been our first clue. While we were being seated, the only table of 4 left complaining about the food. The owner started bad-mouthing the customers that just left to us, the only customers left in the place. That was clue #2.
Clue #3, the menu's bought to us were crusty and dirty. I pointed out their condition and asked for new menus. They too were dirty and wet since the owner wipe them with what I believe was a dirty rag, blaming his employee and the customers who dirtied the menu.
Clue #4, the water we were served had black sediment floating in it! Pointed that out to the owner. He bought us more waters, again with sediment. We showed him again and he blamed the city and the pipes for the "lousy water" , proceeding for the next 6 minutes to blame employees, suppliers, customers, just about everyone, including Obama, for the troubles in his restaurant.
As we tried to remain cheerful and steer him with positive suggestions he asked us if we were going to give him "any more trouble like those other [--]". I told him no, as a matter of fact, to ensure we did not bother him we were leaving. He started cursing at us.
I take risks, but when I see cleanliness and hygiene standards that could jeopardize the health of my family, friends and I, along with an attitude that shows no respect or appreciation for his employees or customers, well it's time to walk. If negative stars were an option, this place would get. it.
Final recommendation- AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• 2 of 5 bubbles