See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was looking for one night stay for reasonable price. Worst hotel experience ever!! The room on first glance was fine. It went horribly down hill from there. The bathtub was stained. The next morning on leaving, my sister noticed a bug crawling on the bed. She caught it in a cup and took it to the clerk behind the desk to alert them of the problem and maybe get a discount on our stay. Not only didn't we get a discount but we were insulted and told we must have brought them with us! The clerk then went on to say his "bed bug" expert on staff, and pointed to a closed door he said was the "expert's office", told him we brought the bugs there. When we asked to speak to the bedbug expert, the clerk said he couldn't bother him. After several minutes of arguing with the clerk, a man with a mop came out of the "bedbug" expert office-- it was a bathroom!! When we demanded to speak to a manager, the clerk threatened to call the police if we didn't leave and tell them we left drugs in the room!! He was threatening to frame us!! Later, he pulled my brother-in-law aside and said he had called the owner who had "ties to the mafia" and he was afraid he had upset him! I know this sounds bizarre but believe me it happened!! STAY AWAY!!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ravenmona52
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Service and the comfort of the bed was very good. Room was dusty with stains on the walls a furniture. The bath and shower was below standard. All in all O.K.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank Larry T
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After driving for close to 12 hours, we wanted a decent room for the night. Econo Lodge was the nearest according to GPS. Next time I will do a little research first. Initially was booked into a room on the ground floor. Upon reaching our room we found a party going on in the room next door; filled with unsavory characters, smoking, drinking and making lots of noise. We removed our luggage and returned to the front desk and requested a different room. Was told we could get another room, but it was more expensive. The motel was "full". After some discussion they put us in a second floor room, for the same price. The room was shabby, and had a strong scent of air freshener covering a cigarette smell. Too exhausted to move we spent the night. One funny (?) thing were the scratch marks on the inside of the bathroom door. Apparently something was kept in the bathroom (big dog?) and really wanted to get out. That dog has my sympathy. We would never stay here again, and don't recommend it for others.

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank CamdanHills
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I've seen a lot of negative reviews about this place but I decided to take a chance since it was the cheapest in town and only planned on staying one night. The room was okay. Nothing fancy but definitely worth the money. Bed was pretty comfy, microwave + fridge, and everything worked. For the price, it's all you can ask for. It's a basic hotel. It's great for one night or just to crash. Can't complain too much. So far, so good. If anything else changes I'll update in the morning!

Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank F8c3TheMusic
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here one night so my boyfriend could take a standardized test nearby.

I will say that the room was very clean and spacious, though it smelled a little smoky (we were told it was a non-smoking room). There was a fridge and microwave combo in the room, though not the promised coffee maker. Plus free internet. So for a moderately priced night, it was fine.

Front desk service was pretty lackluster. I think it's family owned, so a smile or word of welcome at check-in would have been nice.

While I was getting breakfast in the morning, another woman was checking out and told the young, male front desk attendant that at night there had been a domestic dispute in the room above hers (threatening guns?) and she had to call the police.

The attendant replied, "Oh. Ok... sign here please". Obviously, it's not his fault, but maybe it is something he might be slightly concerned about?

While I was eavesdropping on this exchange, I went to get a muffin from the pastry case, and noticed a funky smell. On the shelf above the muffins, all the bagels were moldy. I told the attendant. He said, "I should throw those out, huh?"

Yup, you should.

In conclusion: the room is fine, the breakfast and service were not. Can't win 'em all. If you can find another option for cheaper, you might want to do that.

Date of stay: January 2012