“Big portions good food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

Classic steakhouse in Norwalk. The location is a little strange, in a strip mall but once inside you forget about that. The portions are massive but food is good.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed March 22, 2019

We head into Blackstone's when we are tired and just want a quick meal, when we have visitors in from out of town, when we want to celebrate anything or anyone. It is consistently good-steaks are classically cooked and served: hot plates, melted butter and the sizzle and the smell will make your mouth water. We will always have great service-Mike greets you with open arms and will check on you throughout the night. Percy makes a beautiful cocktail and always has a smile on his face. Billy, Caesar and Thomas are there to make sure you have what you want and need- extra flat bread, more butter, bigger oysters. We visit all of the Blackstone's Greenwich, Stamford and Southport (even the short lived Mt Kisco site)but this one is our favorite. Our favorite Albanian brothers are doing steak right but also try: BLACKSTONE SALAD, ONION RINGS and PORK CHOP-super nice!! And they have an awesome lunch menu-if you need to impress a client or treat your staff!

Reviewed March 16, 2019

I love this place! The meals are wonderful - they have chef specials. It is consistent and reliable. Great for business or pleasure.

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

I went to Blackstones because my boss gave me a nice Christmas gift certificate to his favorite restaurant. I was extremely disappointed. The waiter was so inattentive and the food was so sub par, especially for the over priced fare they serve. My son and I ordered filet mignon at a price tag of $48 each, just for the meat, and it was so dry I could only eat half of it. Really? For that price you think they would figure out how to cook it properly.

We ordered clams on the half shell and Caesar salad start. They were both great. However we had to flag down the waiter to get a drink after him passing our table numerous times and never even looking at our table.

Then we waited at least 45 minutes for our dinners. As I said, both my son and I got dry filet mignon, my husband liked his porterhouse steak and my daughter asked why she only had a slab of meat (a rib eye steak) with absolutely no sauce or seasoning whatsoever. The mashed potatoes were an extra side and they were ok, but I ordered the special of the night, the brussel sprouts with bacon and balsamic vinegar drizzle. Sounded great but I got charcoal brussel sprouts. I managed to pick out a few to eat but for the few that were not burnt beyond recognition, what was left had no flavor left. It was so disappointing.

Since we were wondering why we just got slabs of meat with no choice of any toppings or sauce, the menu does not say there are any available, my husband asked the waiter if there were any available. At this point we had enough dry meat and didn’t care, but the waiter then told us that we could have had blue cheese or a sauce if we wanted. Really? Why didn’t he tell us that when we ordered instead of when we were done?
Since the quality of the food and service were so bad at this point, we didn’t even consider ordering a dessert. So a dinner for four with a bottle of reasonably priced wine cost, with an 18% tip (undeserved) was $400. Even though I had a gift certificate that helped cover some of that cost, I definitely have had far better service and food for far less. I came home and had home made toll house cookies and was happy with them.
Bottom line: don’t waste your money.

Reviewed February 15, 2019

We ate at Blackstones for dinner, a large party of 8 of us. It was a snowy night so a bit quiet but the service was polite and solicitous. The pacing is relaxed, they do not hurry you and you are encouraged to hang out, drink and enjoy. Our group ordered everything from Minestrone to surf and turf to seared Ahi tuna. We also sampled many of the sides, best were the brussels sprouts and hash brown potatoes, but we also tried the asparagus, spinach and mashed potatoes. Everything was well prepared and the food was delicious. It is expensive but high quality.

Date of visit: February 2019