“Expensive - Good Food - Blah Atmosphere” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BlackStones Steakhouse

BlackStones Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BlackStones Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 385 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Expensive - Good Food - Blah Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

After 5 years, I finally decided to give the place a try.

The room itself was baron. They need to do something to break up the large room to make it more intimate.

The bread provided seemed cheaply made, yet it was okay.

The salad was incredible and no complaints whatsoever.

The entree was good, except the clams were extremely gritty. No only gritty, but they had larger than normal pieces of sand, which as everyone knows, is NOT appealing in your mouth.

The rest of my meal was satisfactory.

Service was excellent.

For the price, it was NOT worth it, yet the food was good. NOT great. I would rather spend my money (and less of it) at Via Sforza's in Westport.

Just my two cents.. or should I say, $292.00 for two people. YIKES!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SleeplessINct

Westport, Connecticut
“Blackstone's is a Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

A friend, who lives in Stamford, and I (who live in Westport) were looking for a steakhouse … spouses and kids were away. We needed alcohol, steaks, and wine (not necessarily in that order). We could go to Stamford or Bridgeport and get great meals, but we decided to "split the difference." We are both very happy that we did!

This is an "out of the way" location, in a small strip mall on Main Street, away from the road, so make certain that your GPS is on. However, once one arrives, they will find this to be a real pleasure. A standard steakhouse menu, but all is very well prepared. An extensive California wine list (with representative selections from elsewhere).

Great service, no rush, no fuss. We'll certainly be back again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New Hampshire
“Simply outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have eaten here at least 6 times while in Norwalk on business. I have never had anything but a great meal with perfect service. This is my favorite place to take my local clients in Norwalk. I have often commented that the strip mall it is located in is the least likely place to find a steakhouse of this caliber. The food is great, the service is impeccable, and the atmosphere is perfect for a business dinner or a romantic night out.

The waiters are super attentive without hovering, they are very good at what they do and at making recommendations. The seafood is fresh and very well prepared, and the steaks are some of the best I have eaten anywhere in the world. My personal favorite is the Steak Au Blue, I could eat it every day. If you really want to treat yourself, the Surf and Turf is excellent! A fresh, well cooked lobster tail with a perfect filet mignon. The asparagus with Hollandaise sauce makes a great side, as do those other steakhouse classics; sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach, or mashed potatoes. You simply cannot go wrong here.

Visiting Blackstone's is usually the highlight of my business trips to Norwalk.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Brian_in_NH
Redding, Connecticut
“Fun old fashioned atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice to see well dressed families out together on a saturday night. Good menu for families. We ate in the bar just my husband and I and it was fun. good food. excellent service.

Visited May 2012
Connecticut
“The BEST steakhouse in Norwalk !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have brought relatives from out of town here several times. Fantastic every time. The prime rib w/bone in......OMG..... The service is especially great as well. Well worth the couple of extra bucks !

Visited February 2012