“Gorgeous suite, friendly staff, great location.”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Our suite was immacualately clean with a jacuzzi in the room, king size tempurpedic bed, fireplace and within 1 mile of Foxwoods Casino. I was looking for a suite at the casino but everything was booked for the weekend I wanted to stay when I came across the Bellissimo Grande. You really can't go wrong with this place if you are looking to spend time at Foxwoods. Historic downtown Mystic is only 2 exits away as well. Overall I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed February 11, 2011

I'm writing this review to give people who are thinking of staying here a head up on the sneaky practices of this hotel management. The hotel itself was great , clean rooms and convienient to foxwoods, the free shuttle is also a plus. Do not stay here unless you are a mute and do not want to be able to speak in your room... apparently the hotel has a noise policy and it is strictly enforced to the point that you cannot even have friends into your room to talk. i booked 4 rooms for my sisters birthday. we had rooms on the third floor 347,349,351,343. next to eachother...not cheap!!! we had a great time at foxwoods came back to the hotel figured we could hang in the rooms and talk amongst friends since we were all sharing rooms... well we got a knock at our door it was a security lady said there was a noise complaint.. we explained we were just talking and who is complaining anyway...??? she was guarding the hallway the whole night ive never seen anything like it .... we did not need a sitter!!!!!! at one point she was pushing her way into the room cause she wanted to count the number of people in the room!!! what kind of policy is this? and who was this lady??? made for a very unpleasant night..... we all ended up just going to bed to avoid any further problems with this unknown lady. the next day we checked out no problems.... the front desk didnt say a word and we left.... well 3 days later my sister gets a 750$ charge on her credit card and i get a 250$ charge on my cc....!!!!!! we called the hotel bthey say they have no idea why but say it is most likely a noise complaint charge.... the manager is not in and the person i was talking to had no idea how to explain the charges to me .... the manager finally called my sister back and said he doesnt know who was working the night of the supposed complaint.. he said he would investigate and get back to her... have not heard back yet .... very unproffessional not telling us about the charges when we checked out or even saying anything about additinal charges that we were responsible for ... they just slapped it on the cc 3 days later...a total of 1000$ in noise complaint charges between me and my sisters cc.... unreal .... this hotel needs to figure out a better policy.... people do talk and go to this hotel to enjoy their time there... not to be hounded for talking and laughing!!!! i will never stay nere again and would not reccomend this place to anybody that likes to have a good time....

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Azb7150
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed overnight on a Friday. Upon check-in there was a "specials" menu on the counter at the front desk. After getting settled in our room, we decided to order room service and requested the "special." Our food arrived within 10 minutes (which is unbelievable) and to our delight it was AWESOME. The special was tenderloin tips with baby potatoes and broccoli for only $14.95. The meal was so delicious, extremely low priced and it was enough food for 2 people.

The hotel was very clean. Our room was also very clean and comfortable-we stayed in a Venitian Suite. We had drinks at the Bistro Bar which was nice and low key. All of the staff members we encountered were courteous.

Upon checkout, we received a certificate for $20.00 off our next stay. That was a great surprise. My husband and I will definately stay at this hotel again. Our experience was great.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Our stay at the Bellissimo Grande was good. The rooms were very clean. We did not spend a lot of time at the hotel, but it looked to have a dining area, spa and coffee kiosk. The service was very friendly from the people at the front desk to the person who drove the shuttle over to the local casino. One thing I found a bit odd was their "Quiet Policy." After 12 am, guests were told they needed to be quiet in the interest of others. I don't think I liked being "told" to do this. That being said, I do think the walls were a bit thin.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This hotel was a great value for the money. The service was awesome and the room was very clean and comfortable. I prefer Mohegan Sun over Foxwoods so I don't know when I'll be back in the area but if I am, I will definitely stay here again. It was wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Very clean, comfortable hotel, close to Foxwoods. I would definitely stay again...the only thing missing would have been a refrigerator in room and it would be nice to come back and have a cocktail...lacking a bar. All in all for the money, would recommend

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel was alot ncer then we expected. The staff at the front desk were so pleasant. We were given complimentary cheese & crackers vouchers for the lounge. We also had a couple of appetizers which were delilcious. Our room was very clean. The king bed was extremely comfortable!!! We complimentary limo ride to and from the Foxwoods is a huge plus! Loved the fact that the kitchen is open til 2am. The only problem with the hotel is that the walls are extrememly thin but everyone is asked to sign a quiet clause when you sign in so it was fine. We would most definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!