“Rebuttal to the inconsiderate partygoers who woke us up at 2:30AM”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We were aroused out of our sleep at 2:45 AM when the inconsiderate group one floor above us returned from partying and continued their party with so much noise that they woke us up. This is a new hotel with I am sure adequate soundproofing. But because of the all the noise generated by this group, I dont know how many were involved,but it sounded like furniture was being moved so their dancing could continue.
I called the front desk to notify them of the disturbance. The management of this beautiful hotel has a Late Night No Noise Policy that guests are made aware of upon signing in. Apparently this group choose to ignore it and are now complaining that they are being Scammed. Nothing could be further from the truth. They are just trying to get out of the disturbance assesment that they incurred by being loud, boisterous and definately inconsiderate.
The management of this hotel listened to my complaint and I sure from others as well and reassured me that they do not tolerate this type of behavior.
Great place with superb management. I would not hesitate to go there again.

2  Thank fred15997

Reviewed July 21, 2010

DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD!!

Myself and 2 girlfriends decided to go to Foxwoods for the night. We took the shuttle back and and arrived at the hotel at 2:30 a.m. 2 minutes into our room we got a knock on our door from one of the staff giving us a noise complaint. She told us that the SECOND noise complaint was $750 and to go down to the lobby if we wanted to make noise - which we immediately did - when we finally went back up to our room we got water from the vending machine and on our way back to our room the staff member was knocking on the door across the hall from us giving them their second noise complaint. Obviously seeing how serious they were we went right to bed. The next morning we checked out and ended up being charged $473 dollars for what should have been a $150 room.

When I called the hotel I had to speak to several different people to explain what had happened and no one would help me (it was there word against mine). When i finally got a hold of the president of the hotel he told me that he was on my side and I should be grateful that I was only charged half the $750.

I don't know about you but I'm not made of money. This was incredibly frustrating. I have stayed at many hotels and have NEVER had a problem at any one of them. I am very respectful to the rules of each hotel.

I DO NOT recommend you stay here unless you are financially capable of spending $500 for your stay. You don't even need to go to foxwoods...it's a gamble just handing over your credit card to these people!

4  Thank Traveler10141811
Reviewed July 20, 2010

So happy Foxwoods did not have any rooms for last minute plans or we would not have found the perfect night away. From the moment we walked in the front doors to the moment we checked out, staff was pleasant and appeared to enjoy their jobs. Front desk staff, limo driver and 'Bistro employees all made our stay enjoyable. Limo service available as promised to and from the casino. Room exceptionally clean. very comfortable! Would recommend this to couples as well as families...as long as a room is saved for us!

Reviewed July 20, 2010

NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

My 2 friends and I stayed at this hotel because of the proximity to foxwoods. The shuttle was nice...HOWEVER. When we returned to our room and were simply talking an immediate knock was at the door for a "NOISE WARNING." The lady told us that if we wanted we could go down to the lobby to socialize and be "as loud as we wanted." We ended up meeting 2 people staying across the hall and played cards. The rude woman kept coming over and telling the people across the hall to be quiet. She then told us that we "had enough fun, and its time to go to your rooms." We went back to our room, got change and went to the vending machine to buy water. When we were going back into our room the RUDE WOMAN was waiting in the hallway outside of our room threatening us, we went into our room and fell asleep. We checked out the next day. It turns out she gave the room across the hall a noise complaint as well.

All was fine until I saw MY BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT. This hotel room was supposed to charge me 143.26 + tax. THEY ENDED UP CHARGING 473.26. I have called the hotel 3 times trying to find an answer and the manager told me that the owner was staying that weekend and "had auuthorized a NOISE charge" and he will be calling me.

I have yet to recieve a call from this a-hole owner who "authorized" these charges and I plan on calling the better business beaureau as well as my bank to begin a fraudelent charge case.

THIS HOTEL IS UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, BOSSY, and NOT AS NICE AS THEY MAKE IT SEEM TO BE.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

1  Thank dynsty4
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We just got home from our stay at Bellissimo Grande. We traveled with a group of nine to celebrate my daughters upcoming wedding. The hotel was the perfect place to stay. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating. The rooms are gorgeous with extremely comfortable beds and large jacuzzi tubs. Everything was spotless with many amenities provided. We dined in the Bistro for the "Bachelorette" dinner and not only was the service awesome but the food was very good. The hotel also has a wonderful Spa and the staff could not have been more professional and experienced. We all felt pampered with massages, pedicures, and facials.
If that is not enough the hotel provides limo service to and from Foxwoods. It is in a perfect location with just a short ride to the casinos, historic Mystic, which we loved, and beaches. We were all very glad we chose Bellissimo over the hotels at Foxwoods as it not only was a better value but nice to come back to and truly relax in it's peaceful atmosphere.
I would give this hotel the highest rating and can't wait to return. It is a "hidden gem".

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I have been to Bellissimo Grande on several occasions and it's the only place we stay when traveling to Connecticut. As you enter the beautifully decorated lobby, it's like you've walked into an elegant Italian villa! You feel right at home here and the staff is always helpful and friendly! The food at Bellissimo's bistro is outstanding as well. Some of our friends we travel with like to go to the 21st Floor or Paragon's at Foxwoods but we actually prefer the food and atmosphere at Bellissimo Grande. The stuffed mushrooms and steaks are awesome and there's a full bar with a wonderful selection of wines!

They offer shuttle service to the casinos which we really liked. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated and we love the Tempur-pedic mattresses...super comfortable! Definitely will come back again!

1  Thank Gormano
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We arrived at the Bellissimo Grande around 7:30am after a loonnngggg night at Foxwoods. We didn't have a reservation, just needed a bed to get some sleep. Sandra (i think) could not have been more helpful to us at the desk. She got us quickly checked in and even upgraded us to a small suite with a jacuzzi! She even gave us a 1pm c/o as well! She could not have been more accommodating and gracious. Thank you for making a tough night at the casino a better trip for us!

1  Thank Rainman16
Hilton Mystic
Hilton Mystic
#5 of 13 in Mystic
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!