“Great Place to say with many luxuries at this Hotel”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Great location with much to offer right on site!!! A pool, spa, restaurant, bar, shuttle to casino, helpful staff and much more.

Had a great time getting some rest at this Hotel.
The owner, Patrick does encourage you to contact him directly if there is an issue at any time.

Stayed in the Presidential Suite and regular room. Both were spacious, comfortable beds, yummy smelling shampoo

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed April 24, 2010

We recently stayed at the Bellissimo Grande on our 1st Anniversary and had an amazing time!! We stayed in a Venetian Suite. Our room was very clean and tastefully decorated. Everyone at the hotel was pleasant and helpful. We would definitely recommend this hotel, and look forward to staying there again! Great price for an incredible stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I just spent my birthday there with about 20 other people. I got some good rates for the roomn because we booked so many. I travel a lot and we stayed in the Presidential sweet and it was amazing. The room was enourmaous and the bathroom was too. I will say that they tried to get me to book a cocktail hour in there restaurant but it really isn't a restaurant or even a bar. So if your planning any type of event there i do not recommed it. We did get to eat there and the food was good but defintley not for a social event. The room service was good and it was 24 hours. They also provided limo service to both casinos which was nice but make sure to get the scheduale.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I had a unscheduled trip to the area and could not find a room any where close to my final destination due to the pop-up client meeting. My Office Manager found the Bellissimo and made the arrangements. Being a former Marriott and Radisson hotelier my first thought was "what the heck did she put me in?"

What I found absolutely shocked me! First appearance is another Limited Service hotel. "Limited" is NOT even in their vocabulary nor are the amenities and inside! You will think you have walked in to a 5 star facility. Pure elegance is what you will find! The General Manager, Chad Eaton, happened to be passing through the lobby and welcomed me. I told him I was "stunned" by the inside beauty and briefly told him my previous hotel background. He offered to give me the "nickel - dime" tour when I had time. My meeting wasn't until the next day so I unpacked and took him up on his offer.

Long story short... I was completely blown away! My Big Corporate Hotel World just came crumbling down. If you are going to be in the area, do not pass this facility up! JW Marriott himself could not have done a better job!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank travelmonster12
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Foxwoods owns some rooms here so you can book your room here through them and save money. We went on a Tues night and booked the "Presidential Suite" through Foxwoods for $109, which the hotel was booking out at $139... I am glad we did not pay that price! The room was by no means a "suite". The regular rooms at Foxwoods are nicer than this "suite". The jacuzzi had a 15 minute time limit before the jets turned off, really small TV, the jacuzzi was awkwardly placed in the room, the shower had no bath and was a 1 person stall, "continental" breakfast... not so much.
There is a sign on the mirror stating if there is a noise complaint filed, the security will enter your room with the state police and evict you LOL We laughed at it until we realized WHY they have that sign up- THE WALLS ARE RIDICULOUSLY THIN!!! Also, my BF and I came home from the casino around 1am and the people in the room below us were clearly having some sort of party... doors were slamming, we heard music, people talking.... but when we ordered room service, the woman yelled at US, telling US that we recieved a noise complaint when it was CLEARLY coming from the room below us and we tried to explain it to her but she was too busy saying if she has to come back again, it will be with the state police LOL it was just such a joke
The shuttle service there was a completely 80s limo but the driver was nice and it was an easy commute.
Wouldn't stay here again, even if the room was free.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Nice Hotel close to Mystic and Casino's . I spoke directly with the owner about a few suggestions, and he was willing to listen and took the time to really show interest which does not happen with bigger Hotels. I would suggest this hotel if you are looking to get away from the crowds and noise at Foxwoods. The overall price is worth your stay here.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I normally travel and stay at the big franchises but I decided to stay @ Bellissimo due to proximity of casinos and Mystic sea Port. The service, decore, and amenities were far better then my expectations. I stayed in the presidential suite and it was clean comfortable and I relaxed and caught up on work and the internet. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly and I can not comment enough on the room. The only issue was no shuddle service to the sun only foxwoods.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!