“Complimentary Earplugs”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
New Jersey
“Complimentary Earplugs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

It's a really nice looking place. Brand new and clean. Granite counter top in bathroom, but that is where the luxury ends. The shower had a stationary shower head, no hand held. If you just wanted to freshen up, well you had to wash your hair too. All you ladies who spend hours blow drying your hair every other day can feel with me here. When you flushed the toilet it sounded like it was about to explode (jumped 60 feet discovering that one). Also, my husband noted a small envelope with two pairs of "complimentary earplugs" when we arrived... We thought it was a funny thing for a hotel to have until that night. The walls are paper thin. You can hear everything. And I mean, EVERYTHING. Needless to say, we checked out one day early. We were going to spend Saturday night at 200 dollars and decided we'd save it for the next trip instead. We recommend you do the same.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Shower
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eve93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

We found this property "accidentally" last summer ,and were happily surprised to discover that it happened to be a luxury hotel, without the luxury price tags.
We just came back from our second stay there, and would not hesitate to go back again if in the area.
The Bellissimo Grande Hotel is a 2 year old baby.
Just like last July, we enjoyed everything again, from the soft music which greeted us even before we opened the huge front door to check in, to the large and visually attractive lobby which includes a mechanical black piano, to the very friendly, attentive and accommodating staff and all of the rest, which is quite delightful:
The immaculate room/jacuzzi, soft bed/linens, relaxing decor, a small fridge for your water/soda, etc.., coffe maker, good size digital TV on the wall facing your bed, large mirrored closet, gorgeous window treatments ( including light blocking inner drapes) It is relaxing, romantic, and quiet. The jacuzzi is a real treat; I was able to view some favorite TV shows right from the tub! The TV was mounted well above the jacuzzi, at a perfect angle to view it from a reclining position, and the remote is at your fingertips. We stayed in a Venetian room both times, but "visited" an empty Sicilian room for a lower price, and it looked beautiful and very comfortable, so we will try the latter next time--- it doesn't have a jacuzzi, but if it isn't that important to you, it looks like a great room to enjoy.
You could compensate by dipping your toes in their very nice indoor pool, and use their magnificent spa, witch offers every service imaginable. Their room service is 24 hours a day
We ate at "The Bistro", met the friendliest bartender/server ever;
we ate around 5 PM and had wonderful romantic, quiet privacy;
we enjoyed our chilled drinks while waiting for our appetizer, enormous stuffed mushrooms, which were delectable, and followed with the best two cheese topped angus burger I had ever had; with it came a generous helping of roasted baby potatoes and a corner of field greens, ( made a little salad with vinaigrette dressing) onions and tomatoes; it was so filling that I could not order dessert! My husband had the Philly cheesesteak, -garni-- and after taking a bite, I swore to myself that it will be my next meal there!
The limo driver was super nice, on time, and the ride to Foxwoods was a delight, in addition to feeling very "VIP" in the limo, at the entrance of the casino, getting out, and getting in to return to the Hotel, with all these people standing and watching in front (waiting for their cars, etc...) It is a feel-good moment in life, unless you are used to limo service and doors being opened and closed for you! We certainly are not, and enjoyed every spoiled minute.
Continental breakfast is deluxe, absolutely, coffee is VERY good, and choices of "eats" are abundant; everything is fresh, replenished constantly, surfaces are kept clean, spills are wiped right away, and I was impressed by that. With so many people helping themselves to all kinds of breakfast liquids and foods at the same time, it can get very messy, as I have seen in other places, where nothing got cleaned until the "end".
Bellissimo will impress you with its extreme cleanliness throughout, and the manager, Chad Eaton, will impress you with his friendly, down to earth attitude, his smile and eagerness to please and make sure that his guests are contented, happy to be at the Bellissimo, and he welcomes any questions you may have. We made a point of personally saying goodbye to him and shaking his hand, not only because we like him, but also because we feel that the Bellissimo is a great success because of him and his staff, and we wanted to tell him so.
Do not hesitate if you are in the area, or even out of the area!
Well worth a great stay, at a reasonable price. And being so well treated, by everyone there, is really a bonus and makes you feel good.

• Liked — everything is new, the hotel and the rooms
  • Disliked — the pool is small
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hen99
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

Since Foxwoods was booked, i pulled my husband out of his comfort zone to stay here. When we drove into the entrance way, we noticed that they were advertising a rate that was lower than the one that we had booked, so. . . The check-in staff was very attentive, courteous, and accommodating, and a little bubbly. They gave us the advertised rate with no problem. The advertised limo was outside and waiting. The entry is inviting, but not elaborate except for their attempt to be "Italian" in their murals.
If there were any problems it was that our room was on the first floor and I like being higher up, but the room was immaculately clean, as was the bathroom. Due to previous reviews, I pulled down the sheets to check before I did anything else - they were fine. The room is very large, much larger than Two Trees, and the ceilings are ridiculously high. The bathroom was very clean although a little small considering the size of the room. We booked the least expensive room, but we could see that some more expensive rooms higher up had ceiling fans - something I would have loved to have had.
Although the hotel was not nearly full, it was very quiet, but I do not think we had anyway to compare it against other nights. The breakfast area was very small, and the continental breakfast was very meager, although the bagels were very good.
While eating breakfast, we could overhear a conversation taking place at the check-in desk where someone was being told that they give discounts for showing your Dream Card, but unfortunately for this guest, it was too late to get the discount. (I don't think so). So when my husband went to check out, he asked about the discount, and the clerk (a different one) gave it to him. I don't know how this rate can get any better. Some girl checking out was not so lucky, however, and she was being charged over $600 for her two night stay because she evidently was quoted a higher rate. I would say, if anything, check your rates, and ask for discounts, because the Dream Card discount was never offered to us at check-in.
All-in-all, the hotel was very nice, but it does seem that while they splurged on some things (the granite and marble in the bathrooms, the high ceilings, the flat screen wall-mounted tv), they skimped on other things (the tub is quite small and the surround feels like really cheap plastic, and the tub spout felt like it was going to come off the wall and there was a lack of furniture in the room). But the Tempurpedic (sp) bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fine since I like softer, non-feather pillows.
Evidently they also have had noise problems in the past, because a noise policy was clearly posted on the bathroom mirror.
All in all, we had a wonderful stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The room size
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jpad108
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

The hotel was okay. I stayed in the basic Sicilian Room for 2 nights. Adequate accomodations, clean (but only the first night.)

Minor issue with fitness room: no A/C and just a little fan.

Continental breakfast okay, area for getting food, sitting too small as noted by another reviewer.

Although wireless internet access is listed as a room amnenity, the fact that is not free and requires a fee is only mentioned on the very bottom of one webpage. You pay $9.00 to get a password which is good for 24 hours.

Also as one reviewer noted, the list of prices on the door of what you will be charged for a missing item is quite insulting.

My main problem was that when I returned to my room the second day it had not been cleaned at all. There was no one from housekeeping to come clean my room but I was at least given clean towels. I emptied my own garbage.

I complained and the manager was apologetic and tried to be helpful but she said that I would need to talk to the owner.

Big mistake. I called him and found him to be very insulting. He implied that I was lying and that I only wanted to get my money back. We talked for quite some time and he got ruder as it went on. I got off the phone in tears. Good Customer Service and respect need to come from the top. Mr. Levantino, the owner knows nothing of these things.

I will not stay there again and will definitely warn people against staying there too.

By the way, I am going to stay at Foxwoods in 2 weeks at the Great Cedar--a nice hotel. I am staying 2 nights for the same price as 1 night at the Bellissimo Grande. The Bellissimo is no bargain.

• Liked — Quiet, comortable bed
  • Disliked — Customer service given by owner
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank MazzyCT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

We just returned from a weekend road trip to Mohegan and Foxwoods and stayed at The Bellissimo Grande Hotel & Spa. This is a magnificent hotel. Very clean and close to both casinos. We stayed in a room on the top floor with a jacuzzi, refrigerator, and tempur-pedic beds! Our beds were so comfortable, it was hard to drag ourselves out of bed! The continental breakfast was average but better than other hotels. The front desk was extremely nice and helpful!
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in and I am quite picky! It is a bargain compared to Mohegan and Foxwoods hotels!
I will definitely stay at the Bellissimo Grande whenever I make a trip out to Mohegan and Foxwoods!

• Liked — Tempur-Pedic
  • Disliked — Jacuzzi was a bit loud
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

We live in the area but every once in a while crave a getaway. A night at the Bellissimo Grande for our fifth anniversary filled the bill admirably.

The room was lovely, clean, and quite large. The in-room Jacuzzi (we had the mid-level "Venetian Suite" was big enough for two and quite luxurious. Bed was comfortable, flatscreen TV was very nice though as noted the channel selection was slim. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Limousine to Foxwoods meant we could leave our car and not worry about parking or if we wanted to drink, and they made a special pickup to bring us back when we called. Continental breakfast was adequate to start the day but not exciting.

It was very very nice for $139 when the casino hotels are probably at least triple the amount. I don't agree with some of the previous reviewers that it is "nicer" or "better" than Foxwoods, where we have also stayed. If you look at the furnishings, they are of a far cheaper quality and similarly, the "marble' surfaces are not real marble. But it was a very pleasant, very attractive place and well worth the money.

• Stayed June 2008
Queens, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2008

Stayed here this weekend as Foxwoods was booked. I can't compare to Foxwoods as this was my first time visiting the area but I loved Bellissimo. I stayed in the Venetian suite so that we'd have a jaccuzzi! The room was immaculate, the mattress was extremely comfortable (I'm gonna buy a tempurpedic!), no problem with the pillows as experienced by other reviewers. Room service was prompt in bringing up lunch which was tasty. Hotel staff was friendly. Shuttle service (via the limo) to Foxwoods runs every hour till about 3 AM and was a definite plus although the hotel is so close (and one straight drive) one could easily drive there. It was my boyfriend's birthday so I treated him to a facial, massage and manicure at the spa which he enjoyed-especially the facial. Spa staff was extremely friendly. Hotel was quiet and did not seem crowded at all. Didn't check out the fitness room but the pool was nice (only 4 feet deep though). Overall a wonderful experience, Will definitely be back in the future!

• Liked — Jacuzzi & Mattress
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,448 reviews
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!