“Needs Some Work”

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We also stayed here because the rooms at Foxwoods were out of our budget for the night. We did a little research and the price was decent. When we arrived, it was early evening. The staff at the desk was polite but nothing out of the ordinary. The person explained the shuttle but we figured it was easier to park and leave when we wanted than to wait for the shuttle and have to leave early.

We got a room around the back of the hotel so we parked out back. No security on the exterior door, it didn't latch and no room key was required to enter. The room was extremely dark, which made it look old and dingy, which it really wasn't. The wallpaper in a few spots was looking old too.

The bed wasn't comfortable for me, but Jack liked it well enough. The linens weren't very nice at all. They felt old and worn. The television didn't get very many channels.

The bathroom appeared clean but the whole place seemed to have an old feel to it. Maybe it was the decor or maybe it was just the lighting. The shower was a huge inconvenience. It was the smallest shower stall I have been in, even compared to a cruise ship shower. It was crowded and there was no place to put toiletries for the shower. The shower head was stationery and it was just a pain to shower.

I think I will try the Garden Inn up the road next time. This hotel just needs some help.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jackandpatti
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you were pleased with the value of our property, but I was sorry to read that there were a few aspects of your visit that detracted from your overall experience.

We do choose to utilize all energy-efficient lighting at the property, which can take a short amount of time to reach full brightness. I can assure you that the décor of our rooms is kept up to date and is in keeping with the Tuscan-themed ambiance of our property. I apologize that this was not ideal for you as our guests. We offer either a stand-up shower or a full tub-shower in our standard Sicilian Rooms. Should guests have a particular preference in this regard we are more than happy to accommodate any requests made. We also offer a choice of either Tempurpedic or Pillowtop Mattresses in our rooms. We are more than happy to honor these requests as well. Additionally, all of our beds are equipped with high thread-count sheets that are well within industry standards.

Once again, I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would be delighted to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our property – please contact me directly if I can be of assistance for a future visit!

Samuel J. Luppino
Sales Manager

There are newer reviews for Bellissimo Grande Hotel

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've stayed at resorts all over the world and I had one of my worst experiences at the Bellissimo. I thought it was a good idea to stay here because it's cheaper than staying at Foxwood's itself, but I was wrong. The customer service was terrible. The limo service was a waste of time because there are more people waiting for the ride than can possibly fit in any of the limo's. Worst of all, we were fined $750 for a noise complaint when everyone in the hotel was being loud. Our room that cost $300 originally came out to $1,200 after the complaint (that was also taxed at 15%). We were not playing music or being very loud, yet our neighbors had power to instill a $750 noise complaint to our room because they felt the need. For any people that plan on staying here, just call a noise complaint on your neighbor and you'll stay for free. Easy as that. If you want a nice luxury stay by Foxwoods avoid this hotel at ALL COSTS.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton or Foxwoods.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Miles L
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Valued Guest,

I was disappointed to read that your experience at our property did not meet your expectations, and I can assure you that we are equally dissatisfied with the circumstances that took place during your stay.

In regards to the Complimentary Limo Service, there are multiple vehicles available to accommodate our guests, and while there are certain times where a large number of guests will want to utilize the service at once (for example, when there is a particular show at Foxwoods), we are able to quickly convey guests to Foxwoods and generally avoid any wait times for the rest of the evening.

Due to the nature of the Casino Market, we do enforce a strict noise policy that is in place for the benefit of all guests. Violation of this policy is determined based on the direct observation of our hotel security staff rather than on the feedback of other guests. Though it is certainly a last resort, unfortunately there are rare times when penalties are enforced due to the observed violation and its impact on other guests. It is our desire to provide an environment for all guests that fosters an enjoyable time for everyone, and in keeping with our policies we do our best to maintain this environment at all times.

Should you have any questions or desire further assistance in any way please feel free to contact me directly.

Samuel J. Luppino
Sales Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently stayed at The Bellissimo Grande Hotel.From when we booked the trip them until we departed,it was a wonderful experience!The staff was great,The room was great(felt like we were at a fine Hotel in Italy-from the beutifully wall papered walls,lamps, lighting and bathroom),and was very clean.Many things to do,close to the Hotel,including the ocean! We will be back soon.Clark-Westchester County,N.Y.

2  Thank clark s
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Really nice hotel ... limo service a real plus and the staff and accomodations were just what we had hoped for. Got a free upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi tub which was fabulous. Front desk staff was outstanding ... thanks Michael Umphlett (mngr.) and Linda who helped us also ... Only minor drawbacks were the limited tv channels (26 stations only) and long walk to the room ...just one elevator and our room was the farthest away from it. Nevertheless, a wonderful hotel and we even got a price-match room per their policy on their homepage .... paid $40 less per night for the room category we got !!

Room Tip: did not use the pool or spa and got up too late for breakfast (in the lobby) but no complaints whats...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I feel ripped off I went on line clicked on a room picked that room got charged for that room ....but when we checked in it wasn't the room I picked...very disappointed... The beds are very uncomfortable,hair in the tub and ants in the corner never staying there again,,,,oh and food and drinks way over priced....

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I am disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. That is certainly not our intention as a hotel. We take great pride in the level of service and accommodations that we offer our guests.

I am aware that you booked a Venetian King Room through a third party website. We have three levels of rooms available on property with each specific room being slightly different in the layout. There are some rooms that feature the private Jacuzzis in the bathroom and some that showcase them in the actual guest rooms. For the comfort of our guests the property also has 60% pillow top mattresses and 40% tempur-pedic mattresses. We know that there are some guests who will prefer a softer bed and some a more firm bed. I apologize that when you checked in the room it did not meet the expectations for how you envisioned the room.

I would like to apologize for the cleanliness concern you experienced. I can assure you that cleanliness is one of our highest priorities here at the property. We often receive positive feedback from guests in this regard; I apologize that this was not your experience.

In regards to affordability, I apologize that you did not feel that the value of our property met your expectations. We believe that, as a luxury alternative to Foxwoods, we offer a great value to our guests in both our guest rooms and Bistro.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations, but I hope that my comments have helped to clarify your areas of concern. Please consider giving us the opportunity to host you should you travel to the area in the future. Please contact me personally if I can be of any further assistance.

Amanda Wiriya
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The rooms were a very good rate and clean. It was marketed for visitors to Mystic, but is about 10 miles inland. There's a small pool and limited breakfast options from a Starbucks kiosk. There's an ominous sign affixed to the bathroom mirror warning guests against making noise after midnight, or they will be escorted off the property by state police. With limo service offered to the nearby casino, there may be a connection to late-returning guests and contined the festivities at the hotel. We could hear tv from the adjacent room and stomping around in the room above us after midnight.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to see that you appreciated the value offered by our hotel as compared to Foxwoods and Mystic area hotels. Thank you as well for your compliments on the cleanliness of our property.

Being in a close vicinity to Foxwoods we certainly do seek to minimize all noise concerns while being mindful of the late-night market in which we are located. We take a very proactive approach by making our guest aware of our quiet hour policy upon check-in as well as the sign on the bathroom mirror. I apologize that you were bothered by the guests around you. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to insure that all of our guests receive a good night’s sleep.

We look forward to your next visit; please contact me if I can be of any assistance in booking a future stay!

Amanda Wiriya
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 6/19-21. The staff were very nice and professional, the atmosphere is neat and romantic. The rooms were well appointed and very clean. They are a bit dark and there were only single switch light bulbs. The bathroom with the jacuzzi tub was amazing. But the makeup mirror was way to high. The limo ride to Foxwoods was terrific and our driver was awesome. We didn't know the Bistro and Bar weren't open during the week.

Room Tip: If you want a glass of wine bring your own the bar isn't open during the week.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!