“Fantastic Ecxperience”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
“Fantastic Ecxperience”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed there with a friend of mine and I can't say enough about this place and all the accommodations. The room was beautiful, clean and very reasonably priced. We were treated to complimentary appetizers with our drinks in the cozy lounge.The staff members were gracious and not uptight despite the high class ambiance. Top to bottom the hotel was immaculate. I don't think I will ever feel the need to stay at the casino nor pay their prices. This place is a new favorite.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Bellissimo numerous times. Every time they have bent over backwards to help with your every request. We especially love their free limo service to foxwoods casino. Super close rooms are allways clean and neat and they have a noise policy in place to its usually very quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed here from 28 December 2012 to 31 December 2012 and was very impressed with the friendly, courteous and accommodating service we received. My friend got real sick while we were there and the staff was so wonderful in doing whatever needed to be done to make us comfortable. We live in Southern Maryland so we were a long way from home but we were treated like family and I was so appreciative of their services. It also snowed several inches and the next day one of the employees cleaned our car off for us without hesitation. Another one helped us get to our car because of the snow. There is no complimentary breakfast but they have a eating area inside the hotel and the food is excellent. Since it was cold and snowy, it was really nice not to have to go out to get our meals. They also have an indoor pool. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your input regarding your recent stay at our property. I was delighted to read about your experience at our hotel. It is our goal to meet all guest needs as we go above and beyond in our customer service and I was glad to hear that this was the case during your stay. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our restaurant and its variety of delicious menu options. We look forward to the opportunity to host you and your friend in the future. Please contact me directly if I can assist in any way!

Yours In Hospitality,

Samuel J. Luppino
Sales Manager
Plainville, Connecticut
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My friend & I stayed here on 12/28/12, we had arrived earlier than the check in time & when i called to see if we could check in they said yes and there wasnt going to be an extra charge. When we checked in we were asked if we wanted a pillow top mattresses or a temperpedic. The room was absolutely gorgous, and we loved the fact that there was a ceiling fan in the room along with the heating/cooling unit. I had read some reviews on here and was concern about the limo service to Foxwoods so i went on their website and also confirmed with the front desk that on the weekends they run every half hour and on the weekdays every hour. The front desk was so helpful and the room service wasn't as expeincive as other places you may stay at. Everyone there was so friendly & the place was SO CLEAN! I will definetly stay there again and i'm looking forward to my next trip there!

1 Thank Kate L
Southern MA
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I read the reviews and took a chance anyway--and I wish I hadn't. A friend and I stayed here after a visit to Foxwoods. The free limo service was a big draw, as was the free breakfast. Unfortunately, the limo rides were only once per hour during the week and ended at midnight and the breakfast was no longer included. Still, it was cheaper than the hotels on the Foxwoods property so we went with it anyway. They gave us a room right next to the check in desk. The hotel and rooms were extremely clean, the check in staff were friendly and helpful and we got a choice between pillow top mattresses and temperpedic. When we returned that night (around 12:30) we easily found our way to our room. I settled in for sleep and it didn't happen. There seems to be no insulation in the walls. I could hear almost every conversation the people at the check in desk were having, and every scrape of the chair they seemed to move every five minutes (even through the two pillows stacked over my ears!). I gave up on sleeping at 6:30 and went out to complain. They nicely listened but did nothing to compensate me. I will definitely never stay there again (unless they add some serious insulation). To give you a better idea of the sound transfer, I went to shower (in a nice, clean bathroom, but bring your own toiletries) and could hear the person in the next room over using the toilet. That was not what I wanted to experience in place of my relaxing shower.

Room Tip: Avoid the check in desk area at all costs!
1 Thank Christine R
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the value of our property as well as the cleanliness of your room and the high level of service you experienced from our staff. All of these things are very important to us, and I'm delighted to hear that they met and exceeded your expectations.

I was very sorry to read of the noise concerns that you experienced during your stay. At times, a location adjacent to the lobby is very convenient for guests with mobility concerns or restricting luggage. I am not certain if this was the case for you, but I apologize that this location proved to be less than ideal for your requirements. We certainly do our best to ensure that guests are most conveniently accommodated and I am sorry that this was not the case for you.

The bathrooms in all of our guest accommodations do include basic complimentary toiletries, with additional items being available from the front desk upon request. In addition, as a part of our commitment to the Environment, we have equipped all of our guest rooms with high-efficiency commodes. This results in a slightly louder noise that may at times be audible from an adjacent guest bathroom, but we believe the environmental benefits outweigh the minimally louder resultant noise.

Once again, I apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I certainly hope that you will give us the chance to accommodate you in the future, with a better understanding of your specific requirements on our part. I look forward to being of personal assistance should you choose to do so.

Yours in Hospitality,

Samuel J. Luppino
Sales Manager
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We used the hotel for a two day executive retreat. We wanted to be at the casino but their rates could not be beat, and they are so close to the casino it didn't make a difference. Best of all, service was fantastic and they were very accommodating with our meal requests with delicious results.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for a week and it was awesome. Way cheaper than staying at Foxwoods- shuttle to the casino was convenient- rooms were nice and comfy. Service was good. They upgraded our room to a beautiful suite on the second night and we had a wonderful time.

We would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2012
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,537 reviews
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!