“Belissimo Grande is fantastic”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Recently attended a concert at Foxwoods, and decided to stay at Belissimo Grand. I admit that I was a little nervous about staying anywhere close to Foxwoods due to the noise and parties that go on. Talk about a pleasant surprise!

I would recommend to anyone to stay at Belissimo because:
*Belissimo is very reasonably priced (unlike Foxwoods) and is very clean
*Belissimo has nice rooms with quite policy enforced
*Belissimo offers totally awesome shuttle service to and from casino
*Belissimo has Starbucks and 24x7 room service
*Hotel staff is very friendly

My wife and I will definitely be back, I highly recommend the Belissimo based on my own experience. A great alternative to staying at Foxwoods.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Pleasant 2 nt stay w/e after Thanksgiving. We had ground floor room, which looked directly into the parking lot and anyone walking by can look directly into the room. Didn't really spend much time in room, so not a major issue. Could hear thumping or jumping above us Saturday night. Lobby is nice and clean, check in pretty smooth. Memory foam bed takes getting used to, but not a bad nights sleep. One issue-most lights were out in the parking lot on our side of the bldg, we didn't have any problems, but it was a little scary coming back @ midnight!

Would definitly recommend and stay again. But would probably ask for 3rd floor room.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are adjacent to parking lot
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with a few friends, was so disappointed! Staff is unwelcoming! One member and I have beleive she is a manager (Michelle )was downright rude and condescending to us! This is the wrong profession for her for she is in a Customer service field. Another issue was the warden you have patrolling your floors! Are you kidding me, we are 50 year old professional woman who do not need a babysiting. Casino was fun, free shuttle was great. Needs some updating of rooms and needs all new staff that can smile and be polite to guest. What happen to the days when if you see someone walking you say hello or goodmorning. Go back to basics. Suggestions : retrain or move them along.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ladiesniteout
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback from your stay at our property. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am deeply sorry to hear that you felt your stay was negatively impacted by our staff. I can assure you that many guests have expressed great appreciation for Michele's high level of customer service. I apologize that you did not feel that this was reflected in your experience. We do have personnel in place throughout the night to ensure that all guests are considerate of others in maintaining a quiet overnight environment. I apologize that this proactive approach gave a negative impression. We are constantly striving to improve our level of service and your feedback is valued as it helps us to do this. I hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you and your friends. Please contact me personally if I can assist you with a future booking.

Yours in Hospitality,

Samuel J. Luppino
Sales Manager

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here with 3 other friends. Wanted to do a casino trip and rooms at Foxwoods were going for $500+. Got a room here for $269 for 4 people. Hotel is your basic 3 star category but is very clean and staff was great.
The hotel offers limo shuttles to the casino every 1/2 hour on the weekend that goes till 2:45 am. Me and one of my friends though we had missed the last shuttle along with 2 other people at the casino, so we called a cab. As we were waiting the limo came back. The driver told us that the limo had filled up at 2:42 so he made a return trip back to the casino to see if anyone was left behind.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mikezbfd
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I persuaded my wife to accompany me to southern Connecticut to view the leaves changing colors. I always use Tripadvisors to help in my selection of overnight lodging. When I combined the reviews written by Tripadvisor reviewers and the quite attractive price of a room, I decided to make my reservations for 3 nights accommodations. We were assigned room 320 which was ideal since it was on the top level, far away from the elevator, and overlooked beautiful trees whose leaves had already turned red.

The front desk was most friendly and helpful throughout our stay. They recommended two really nice restaurants: Goodies for Breakfast and Buon Appetito for lunch and dinner. Both restaurants provided delicious food, friendly and professional service, and a nice ambience. In summary, once we patronized these restaurants, there was no need to seek out any other restaurant to meet our dining needs.

Room Tip: See above comments.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the past 3 years when we want to go to the casino. We have always enjoyed our stay, especially the tempur-pedic king size beds. We really enjoy the [albeit pricey] room service as well for the convenience. I've never had a dirty room or been unhappy with anything about the room, bathroom, or jacuzzi. Recently I emailed the hotel to find out if we could bring our small Shi Tzu. The manager responded personally and promptly indicating they can make an exception to their pet policy with a fully refundable pet deposit of $75.00. I've paid far more for a pet deposit in other hotels so I was very pleased about this. We also love the complimentary limo, which is the primary reason we first stayed at the Bellisimo. We have also been very pleased about their price matching policy, so I think this is a very good value. I've recommended the Bellissimo to friends and they only had great things to say about their stay, as well.

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor the rooms have a full bath [if you have kids.] When you check in ask...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was very happy with my short stay of three nights at the Bellisimo. The room was kept clean, daily change of towels, the water in the shower was always nice and hot. There was a little problem with the TV, and in a split second there was someone at the door and had the problem fixed in a jiffy.

The staff was very cordial,helpful and forthcoming with information about the Stonington area. Tony the waiter was super, actually he was like Superman. He was the waiters for breakfast and dinner, the bartender, he delivered room service and was very knowledgable about sightseeing.

The limo driver was wonderful, helping passengers on and off the limo. He was very personable
and the limo left the hotel on time and was actually on schedule for the pick up back to the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a getaway to the Stonington Conn. area. The grounds were well manicured. There is a large parking lot and you can enter the hotel with your card from the lot to the elevator. It is in a perfect location for sightseeing at Mystic, old Mystic, wineries, the beach and of course the casinos. The price is a steal because the MGM and Foxwoods prices are a bit much.

My only dissapointment was that breakfast was not offered every day. There was a Starbucks kiosk, but I like a real cooked breakfast which I found at Goodies and had dinner at Buon Apetito which are both a stone throw down the road. This gave me a reason to talk to the residents and get the scoop on the area. It was an enjoyable "New England " feel getaway.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Bellissimo. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our property, services, and staff. I want to personally thank you for staying with us and for writing this helpful review for the benefit of potential guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Yours in Hospitality,

Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!