“Pleasant Weekend Stay”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Chicago, IL
“Pleasant Weekend Stay”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Pleasant 2 nt stay w/e after Thanksgiving. We had ground floor room, which looked directly into the parking lot and anyone walking by can look directly into the room. Didn't really spend much time in room, so not a major issue. Could hear thumping or jumping above us Saturday night. Lobby is nice and clean, check in pretty smooth. Memory foam bed takes getting used to, but not a bad nights sleep. One issue-most lights were out in the parking lot on our side of the bldg, we didn't have any problems, but it was a little scary coming back @ midnight!

Would definitly recommend and stay again. But would probably ask for 3rd floor room.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are adjacent to parking lot
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with a few friends, was so disappointed! Staff is unwelcoming! One member and I have beleive she is a manager (Michelle )was downright rude and condescending to us! This is the wrong profession for her for she is in a Customer service field. Another issue was the warden you have patrolling your floors! Are you kidding me, we are 50 year old professional woman who do not need a babysiting. Casino was fun, free shuttle was great. Needs some updating of rooms and needs all new staff that can smile and be polite to guest. What happen to the days when if you see someone walking you say hello or goodmorning. Go back to basics. Suggestions : retrain or move them along.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank ladiesniteout
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback from your stay at our property. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am deeply sorry to hear that you felt your stay was negatively impacted by our staff. I can assure you that many guests have expressed great appreciation for Michele's high level of customer service. I apologize that you did not feel that this was reflected in your experience. We do have personnel in place throughout the night to ensure that all guests are considerate of others in maintaining a quiet overnight environment. I apologize that this proactive approach gave a negative impression. We are constantly striving to improve our level of service and your feedback is valued as it helps us to do this. I hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you and your friends. Please contact me personally if I can assist you with a future booking.

Massachusetts
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here with 3 other friends. Wanted to do a casino trip and rooms at Foxwoods were going for $500+. Got a room here for $269 for 4 people. Hotel is your basic 3 star category but is very clean and staff was great.
The hotel offers limo shuttles to the casino every 1/2 hour on the weekend that goes till 2:45 am. Me and one of my friends though we had missed the last shuttle along with 2 other people at the casino, so we called a cab. As we were waiting the limo came back. The driver told us that the limo had filled up at 2:42 so he made a return trip back to the casino to see if anyone was left behind.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mikezbfd
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I persuaded my wife to accompany me to southern Connecticut to view the leaves changing colors. I always use Tripadvisors to help in my selection of overnight lodging. When I combined the reviews written by Tripadvisor reviewers and the quite attractive price of a room, I decided to make my reservations for 3 nights accommodations. We were assigned room 320 which was ideal since it was on the top level, far away from the elevator, and overlooked beautiful trees whose leaves had already turned red.

The front desk was most friendly and helpful throughout our stay. They recommended two really nice restaurants: Goodies for Breakfast and Buon Appetito for lunch and dinner. Both restaurants provided delicious food, friendly and professional service, and a nice ambience. In summary, once we patronized these restaurants, there was no need to seek out any other restaurant to meet our dining needs.

Room Tip: See above comments.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Staffordville, Connecticut
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the past 3 years when we want to go to the casino. We have always enjoyed our stay, especially the tempur-pedic king size beds. We really enjoy the [albeit pricey] room service as well for the convenience. I've never had a dirty room or been unhappy with anything about the room, bathroom, or jacuzzi. Recently I emailed the hotel to find out if we could bring our small Shi Tzu. The manager responded personally and promptly indicating they can make an exception to their pet policy with a fully refundable pet deposit of $75.00. I've paid far more for a pet deposit in other hotels so I was very pleased about this. We also love the complimentary limo, which is the primary reason we first stayed at the Bellisimo. We have also been very pleased about their price matching policy, so I think this is a very good value. I've recommended the Bellissimo to friends and they only had great things to say about their stay, as well.

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor the rooms have a full bath [if you have kids.] When you check in ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was very happy with my short stay of three nights at the Bellisimo. The room was kept clean, daily change of towels, the water in the shower was always nice and hot. There was a little problem with the TV, and in a split second there was someone at the door and had the problem fixed in a jiffy.

The staff was very cordial,helpful and forthcoming with information about the Stonington area. Tony the waiter was super, actually he was like Superman. He was the waiters for breakfast and dinner, the bartender, he delivered room service and was very knowledgable about sightseeing.

The limo driver was wonderful, helping passengers on and off the limo. He was very personable
and the limo left the hotel on time and was actually on schedule for the pick up back to the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a getaway to the Stonington Conn. area. The grounds were well manicured. There is a large parking lot and you can enter the hotel with your card from the lot to the elevator. It is in a perfect location for sightseeing at Mystic, old Mystic, wineries, the beach and of course the casinos. The price is a steal because the MGM and Foxwoods prices are a bit much.

My only dissapointment was that breakfast was not offered every day. There was a Starbucks kiosk, but I like a real cooked breakfast which I found at Goodies and had dinner at Buon Apetito which are both a stone throw down the road. This gave me a reason to talk to the residents and get the scoop on the area. It was an enjoyable "New England " feel getaway.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Bellissimo. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our property, services, and staff. I want to personally thank you for staying with us and for writing this helpful review for the benefit of potential guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you are not too picky and want to save some money and get a nice ride to the casino, then you should be fine staying here for a night or two.
My compliments goes to the limo available for transportation. That was nice.
Hotel decor very outdated, rooms not so clean and front desk personal could really be more friendly. It doesn't hurt to smile and be nice to guests! I should say the one who helped me preregister (since I was too early to check inn) was nice and helpful. I believe her name is Sandra.
Hotel sure needs improvements, specially in service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our complimentary limousine service to Foxwoods convenient. I apologize that you found some cause for concern with our staff and your room accommodation. We strive for the highest level of service in each of these areas, and so we appreciate being advised when you feel that anything less than this has been delivered to you as the guest. Thank you so much for your compliments for Sandra - she is a highly valued staff member who exemplifies the level of service we strive for with all of our staff. We hope to accommodate you again in the future, please contact me personally if I can be of assistance with your next booking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Stonington
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!