“Quite a Bargain”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Quite a Bargain”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I persuaded my wife to accompany me to southern Connecticut to view the leaves changing colors. I always use Tripadvisors to help in my selection of overnight lodging. When I combined the reviews written by Tripadvisor reviewers and the quite attractive price of a room, I decided to make my reservations for 3 nights accommodations. We were assigned room 320 which was ideal since it was on the top level, far away from the elevator, and overlooked beautiful trees whose leaves had already turned red.

The front desk was most friendly and helpful throughout our stay. They recommended two really nice restaurants: Goodies for Breakfast and Buon Appetito for lunch and dinner. Both restaurants provided delicious food, friendly and professional service, and a nice ambience. In summary, once we patronized these restaurants, there was no need to seek out any other restaurant to meet our dining needs.

Room Tip: See above comments.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Staffordville, Connecticut
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the past 3 years when we want to go to the casino. We have always enjoyed our stay, especially the tempur-pedic king size beds. We really enjoy the [albeit pricey] room service as well for the convenience. I've never had a dirty room or been unhappy with anything about the room, bathroom, or jacuzzi. Recently I emailed the hotel to find out if we could bring our small Shi Tzu. The manager responded personally and promptly indicating they can make an exception to their pet policy with a fully refundable pet deposit of $75.00. I've paid far more for a pet deposit in other hotels so I was very pleased about this. We also love the complimentary limo, which is the primary reason we first stayed at the Bellisimo. We have also been very pleased about their price matching policy, so I think this is a very good value. I've recommended the Bellissimo to friends and they only had great things to say about their stay, as well.

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor the rooms have a full bath [if you have kids.] When you check in ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was very happy with my short stay of three nights at the Bellisimo. The room was kept clean, daily change of towels, the water in the shower was always nice and hot. There was a little problem with the TV, and in a split second there was someone at the door and had the problem fixed in a jiffy.

The staff was very cordial,helpful and forthcoming with information about the Stonington area. Tony the waiter was super, actually he was like Superman. He was the waiters for breakfast and dinner, the bartender, he delivered room service and was very knowledgable about sightseeing.

The limo driver was wonderful, helping passengers on and off the limo. He was very personable
and the limo left the hotel on time and was actually on schedule for the pick up back to the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a getaway to the Stonington Conn. area. The grounds were well manicured. There is a large parking lot and you can enter the hotel with your card from the lot to the elevator. It is in a perfect location for sightseeing at Mystic, old Mystic, wineries, the beach and of course the casinos. The price is a steal because the MGM and Foxwoods prices are a bit much.

My only dissapointment was that breakfast was not offered every day. There was a Starbucks kiosk, but I like a real cooked breakfast which I found at Goodies and had dinner at Buon Apetito which are both a stone throw down the road. This gave me a reason to talk to the residents and get the scoop on the area. It was an enjoyable "New England " feel getaway.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Bellissimo. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our property, services, and staff. I want to personally thank you for staying with us and for writing this helpful review for the benefit of potential guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you are not too picky and want to save some money and get a nice ride to the casino, then you should be fine staying here for a night or two.
My compliments goes to the limo available for transportation. That was nice.
Hotel decor very outdated, rooms not so clean and front desk personal could really be more friendly. It doesn't hurt to smile and be nice to guests! I should say the one who helped me preregister (since I was too early to check inn) was nice and helpful. I believe her name is Sandra.
Hotel sure needs improvements, specially in service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our complimentary limousine service to Foxwoods convenient. I apologize that you found some cause for concern with our staff and your room accommodation. We strive for the highest level of service in each of these areas, and so we appreciate being advised when you feel that anything less than this has been delivered to you as the guest. Thank you so much for your compliments for Sandra - she is a highly valued staff member who exemplifies the level of service we strive for with all of our staff. We hope to accommodate you again in the future, please contact me personally if I can be of assistance with your next booking.

Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My friends and I decided to stay here as the prices at MGM were pretty insane. Although this hotel isn't by any means inexpensive, it's a much better value then MGM. It's close to the casino and the shuttles are a plus. The rooms were clean but outdated, especially the beds. I would certainly stay here again to save the money.

• Stayed October 2012
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for you feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the value of our property and its proximity and convenient, complimentary shuttle access to Foxwoods. We certainly agree that we offer a fantastic value. We also strive to maintain the highest level of cleanliness and are pleased that you found this to be the case during your stay. As a part of our Italian-themed decor, each room has furnishings that reflect this style. While this may not be the preference of all guests, many are highly pleased with the overall ambiance this lends to our property. Thank you once again for your valuable input, we look forward to your next visit!

Long Island, NY
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have stayed here several times, and each visit was exceptional.

The hotel itself is wonderful. The rooms are clean, spacious and well appointed. The grounds are also well maintained. The hotel offers many amenities that you will not often find in smaller, independent hotels - indoor pool, spa, bar and restaurant. All of these make the stay more akin to a stay at a small resort. The pool is a great way to spend down time in the hotel, in between day trips and visits to the casinos. The Spa offers a wide range of services, and the bar and bistro provide a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a drink and meet and mingle. We had a fantastic time talking with other guests while we all had a nightcap at the bar.

The location is great. It is close enough to both Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun casinos that you can enjoy them, yet far enough away to avoid the traffic. From this location you can also easily visit many other attractions - wineries, Newport, Mystic Seaport, golf and many more. It is a terrific location for a getaway in southern New England.

The limo service to Foxwoods is another reason to stay here. You can go to the casino and the clubs, and not have to worry about making the drive back to the hotel at the end of your evening. The limo runs frequently and well into the night so you do not have to cut your time at the casino short.

Best of all - the staff! All of the employees went out of their way to make out stay pleasant. The smiles of the staff are contagious - it is hard not to have a good time here!

This is a great hotel which offers all that you want - at a great value.

Room Tip: Treat yourself - stay in one of the Venetian or Presidential suites, with the whirlpool baths. They...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda516
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your most recent visit to our property. We greatly appreciate the kind words and it is truly gratifying to receive reviews such as yours. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit as I look forward to the opportunity to be of personal assistance.
Brockport, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2012

"Michele Umphutt" , the front office manager went more than that extra mile to straighten out a mistake that " priceline" had made with our reservation. When we arrived come to fine out our reservation had never been sent to the Bellissimo Grande Hotel, from Priceline. A very nice young man at the desk had gone to get Michele, to help us. She got on the phone with priceline, and after being put on hold many times and waiting , she never gave up until they finally straightened it out on their end and sent her our reservation. She appoligized for the long wait and I told her it wasn't her fault, it was pricelines mistake. But she still went above and beyond and up graded our room . Our room was the best, it had a king size bed, hot-tub, mini frig, and theraputic matress. The whole staff from the cleaning crew to the top front office," Michele" , were very pleasent and helpful. Michele also steered us in the right direction to great places of interest to see and visit. I was in sales all my life and when you work with the public you have to love your job and Michele shows that and her bosses should know she is a real asset to them and the Bellissimo Grande Hotel. I would give the Bellissimo GrandeHotel five stars. The location is close to the casino, wine trails and shopping. I would recommend it highly. We have stayed at the Two Trees Inn before and it was nice but doesn't come close to the Bellissimo Grande Hotel, Bellissimo Grande's staff, rooms and services offered, like 24 hr room service, free limo rides to the casino, Starbucks in the lobby, indoor pool, spa and going the extra mile for their customers make them number one in my book. will definitely return, alsoupon check out, they said would give a discount upond return visit. Thanks again Michele Umphutt.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the room with the Hot-Tub,mini frig and theraputic matress its well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!