“Shuttle service is VERY misleading!”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Maine
“Shuttle service is VERY misleading!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is fine as far as the hotel goes...room is fine, clean...the service is the issue. My husband and I stayed there on 9.19.12. Behind the desk there were three people working, as well as, the shuttle driver. Outside there was a limousine and two shuttle buses parked. When we arrived, we asked when the shuttle was leaving since on the website it said it ran every hour during the week and every half hour on weekends. We arrived at 7:10pm and had just missed the 7pm shuttle but was told the next would be at 9pm. They offered to call a taxi for us but at 8pm, it had still not arrived. We ended up driving ourselves...while the driver stood behind the desk with the other 3 staff people, and while the 3 shuttles parked outside. Terrible. They told us that it was up to their discretion to decide when to run this service based on occupancy!

The reason we chose this hotel was that it only $89 and ran the free shuttle to nearby Foxwoods. We will not make that decision again...we will pay the $40 extra next time! This is what I call a misleading website!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay at Foxwoods!
3 Thank Janet K
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your most recent visit to our property. I apologize about the confusion regarding our shuttle service. Please feel free to contact myself directly if you reconsider and your travel plans bring you to this area once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Bellissimo Grande Hotel is conveniently located off I-95 and in close proximity to Foxwoods and the MGM Grand. For an un-branded property, this hotel certainly has it together! Overall the property has a "Tuscan" theme it seems. Nicely painted trompe l’oeil murals in the lobby compliment a nice sitting area complete with a Star Bucks coffee bar! Overall the property is very well maintained and clean.

Upon checking in you'll be presented with a coupon for a cheese plate that you can obtain in the restaurant with the purchase of a beverage. You'll also be presented with a contract of sorts pertaining to the hotel's "No Noise Policy", which in short explains that you'll be given a warning first, then a $750.00 fine, and then on strike three, you'll be asked to leave with the state police being called to evict you. As a seasoned traveler having not been able to sleep at other hotels due to late night partying in rooms, I welcome a no noise policy with open arms. However, I felt it was a bit much to make me sign a "contract" at check in when the same verbiage could have been incorporated into the registration card. Needless to say that I was a little insulted having to sign this. What really inspired me to include this in the review was a sign adhered to the mirror in the bathroom stating that security would enter my room with the state police to evict me if there was noise in my room.......

Now back to the review. The rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds, a desk and chair, and a small sitting area. A small LCD TV with basic cable stations with the ability to order movies is mounted to the wall adjacent to the bed. Although the rooms are spacious, the high ceilings make it seem even bigger. Overall the room was pretty clean....but we did find hair and a dead ant on one of the pillow cases. Housekeeping was notified and the bed was re-made immediately. The bathroom is also spacious and well appointed with a hair dryer and basic toiletries such as soap, shampoo, and lotion. A granite countertop adds a nice touch too. Water pressure and hot water were never an issue but the shower heads really could use an update.

This property also has a spa and a pool. Although I didn't get a chance to use the spa, they do offer massage, manicures, pedicures, etc. The pool is indoors and accessible with your room key. Nice murals are painted on the walls and plenty of lounge chairs are available. There is also a small work out room with treadmills, a stationary bike, and free weights.
They also offer a free limo ride to Foxwoods! This is a very nice touch. Departure times to and from Foxwoods are prescheduled, so make sure to check with the front desk for times.

Overall I would definitely stay here again. We had three other rooms here and didn’t experience any hair or ant issues with those rooms, so I’m sure this was a one time fluke. You can’t beat the location and the free limo to Foxwoods! TIP: Like most hotel’s, the Bellissimo Grande requires a credit card at check in and will authorize it for the total amount due for your stay plus $25.00 per day for incidentals. There is also a $4.99 facilities fee which covers the use of the pool, work out facility, WIFI, etc.

Room Tip: Light sleeper? Request a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LemmeRelax
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write a review about your most recent stay. We appreciate the positive as well as negative comments as we strive to meet our guest expectations during each and every stay. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly if you are planning a trip in the area once again.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Fantastic value for money! The service we were rendered from all crew members we encountered was excellent, professional and prompt. Everyone was so accomodating to us and more than happy to answer all our questions. Foxwoods Casino just a short ride away, and provided for free by hotel luxury limo. The room service and food offered was awesome. We stayed at a Venetian whirlpool which included a jetted hot tub and it was the best thing since sliced bread to us! It was one of the highlights of our vacation. It was so relaxing! The King bed was ultra comfortable and we enjoyed long nights of uninterrupted sleep thanks to the noise policy that the hotel strictly observes after certain hours at night. The bathroom was spacious with double sinks and more than sufficient toiletories and clean bathroom linen were provided without us having to request them. The indoor heated pool was pleasant and clean. Overall it was a marvellous stay. We look forward to our next already!

There is only one minute complaint from my end. We would have preferred to have more electrical sockets distributed throughout the room (not just in bathroom) in order to plug all our electronics/appliances as needed.

Room Tip: For just a few bucks more DO book a room with a jetted tub!! You won't regret it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your most recent stay. Also, thank you for your kind words which I have passed on to our staff as well. I am pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy one of our Venetian Suites which features a two person private Jacuzzi, as well as all of our Presidential Suites. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to provide accommodations once again in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Proximity and the limo service to casino is the best part of this hotel. We were returned to the hotel in a stretch hum v! Basic van on the way, just depends on availability.

Upon checking in, you read and sign a long policy regarding excessive noise. First warning, second warning, etc., made me wonder what I was in for. More signs about this taped to the bathroom mirror. Thankfully, no problems there.

The room itself is very spacious, high ceilings, looks great, complimentary waters and mints on the desk. The bed was a tempurpedic and was fabulous. The pillows were flatter than pancakes, grabbed a spare from the closet. One pillow case was stained. Mentioned this to the manager while waiting for shuttle and we had replacement pillows upon our return. The shower and sink drains were very slow, had water up my ankle by the time I was done in the shower. I wrote this on a comment card left in the room.

Didn't use the pool but it looked nice enough. People in it said it was nicely warmed. It is small but wasn't crowded when I checked it out. The loungers were spare in numbers but looked comfy and clean. Didn't use the spa services.

The service was really good. I have no doubt they will look into the plumbing after we leave. The better question is why the pillows and thin towels aren't replaced in a more timely manner for a place that is seemingly upscale. My husband says he will stay again, I'd go a little further away to try something else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our number one amenity, the complimentary shuttle service to and from Foxwood’s Resort & Casino. The quiet hour policy mentioned in your review is enforced after midnight on each evening to provide our guest’s with a good night’s rest. I am also confident that the areas of concern have been addressed after your departure. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of personal assistance if your travels bring you to this area once again.
Bridgeport, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Entrance to hotel is quite inviting. Looks like a European hotel. Rooms - huh...dreary, skimpy towels, full size blanket on a king size bed. The room seemed to be surface cleaned We knew Breakfast was not included but did not know about the extra $30 per day extra charges. Extra charges were not revealed when we booked over the phone or at check-in when we arrived. Despite the convenient and shuttle to Foxwoods, we won't be going back. Recommendation: plan ahead and stay at a place that is worth the $269 per night that we paid.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank CuggieNana
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback, both positive and negative. In regards to the extra charges, as a full service hotel this allows our customers the opportunity to charge items directly to their guest account. Many of our guests take advantage of our additional offerings in our Bistro, Starbucks, 24 Hour Room Service and In-Room Movies. If no additional charges occur then the entire authorization ($25 per day) is released. We release the authorization upon check-out; however it may take your bank 5-10 business days for the funds to be released. I would be happy to research your particular situation to make sure that your account was charged and credited properly. There is also 15% tax applied to all room rates. I hope that you would consider our property for a future stay and allow me the opportunity to be of personal assistance.
Seabrook, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

What a deal. Foxwoods wanted $390.00 a room. They charged me $89.00 a night. The place was very clean and updated. The staff were very pleasant and they made sure anything I needed I got. I felt like a high roller and had not spent a penny there. Awesome food, service and hospitality.

I am sick and tired of the casinos just price gouging the heck out of the average person...

I highly recommend anyone going to foxwoods call this place first. Free limo to the casino as well. You cant beat this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Peabody, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Pro: free limo ride to Foxwoods, nice staff
Cons: totally dated interior design in lobby as well as rooms. Thinking 80's.
No free breakfast during the week. Just a pretend Starbucks outpost. It just seemed
Like a throw back hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent visit. Our hotel does feature a complimentary limousine shuttle to and from Foxwood’s on a predetermined schedule. This service is extended on Friday and Saturday nights until the last return of 2:45 a.m for our guest’s convenience. Although we do not offer a continental breakfast, a full breakfast is available for purchase on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Our coffee kiosk is available 7am-12pm and proudly brews Starbuck’s Coffee.

Yours in Hospitality,

4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,443 reviews
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!