“Casinos and Lacrosse”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Houston
“Casinos and Lacrosse”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Great weekend of fun at the casinos and grabbed another lacrosse game (Providence - Georgetown) over the weekend. Check in was so easy! The gal who checked us in was great! I think her name was Sandra or Sondra. My apologies for not having her name 100% right. Very welcoming and polite.

As much as I travel, it's nice to take a break from the chains. With my points, I can stay just about any where for free. It's just nice to stay at a small, privately owned hotel every once in a while.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank travelmonster12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Watertown, Connecticut
Reviewed March 15, 2012

It was nice on the pictures but over all their customer service it hhhhoooorrrriiiibbbbllllleeee
beside that no one answers your calls but if you get through you are on wait for 20 minute or if you leave a message they wont call you back until weeks later. The spa doesn't ever answer your calls or the manager wont help you .

3 Thank mary j
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not match either of our expectations. I can only apologize that we were not able to answer your calls in a more timely fashion. We are dedicated to assisting all of our guests to achieve the highest level of customer service. The Spa is a leased operation and I do sincerely appreciate you bringing your frustration to my attention. I will forward your comments to the Spa in confidence they will make an effort to improve their service. Please feel free to call or e-mail me directly with any future questions and I look forward to being of personal service if that opportunity is available.

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
gm@bellissimogrande.com
Brockton
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed here last night 3/2 as we had tickets to a concert. The desk staff was very pleasant and they asked us what floor we wanted our room on. I told her first was fine. You have to sign a paper stating that they have a quiet policy after midnight. If you make any noise they will come to your room with the state police, escort you off the property and there will be a $750 fine. They even have posted on the bathroom mirror. Room was nice and clean and bed was comfortable but I was awakened once at 2AM by people in the hall and then again at 4AM by a bunch of guys in the room next door. I did hear someone at their door and didn't hear anything else from that room after. The walls are also thin for a newer hotel. I would give this hotel one more try.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Carol924
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This place is not the luxury hotel it puts itself out to be. We stayed there over the President's Day weekend. The indoor pool water was green - yuck!! Certainly not appealing and appeared to need some chemical treatment to bring the water to the appropriate color. The bed sheets and pillows need replacement. The sheets were quite worn as were the pillows. The bath towels appeared new, but the hand and wash cloths needed replacement. I was awakened nightly around 3 a.m. - first night with a man and woman in an adjacent room arguing, and the second night I could hear a man's voice almost as though he was in our room!!

3 Thank Jackie S
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am equally disappointed that your stay was impacted by other guests and am sorry the pool was not appealing during the time of your stay. As a courtesy to all of our guests we do patrol the hallways to minimize any disruptions. I am sorry that your neighbors were having a difficult night. I am confident that if we were made aware of the situation we would have taken appropriate measures to minimize the concern. It is a late night crowd that generally visits the casino and I am sorry that others impacted your stay. I can only apologize about the pool concern as during the school break weeks the pool does have higher activity than normal. That extra activity with many children in the pool does lead to some chemical imbalances and poses a challenge for any pool operator. The pool is maintained daily and we consistently achieve the proper chemical standards that are safe for a commercial pool setting. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I invite you to call me directly if you are willing to give the hotel another chance.

Yours in Hospitality,

Hinsdale, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times since they first opened and have had excellent experience every time and have recommended to many people. The rooms are very nice, always clean, beds are soooo comfortable, great limo service, free breakfast and love the pool!

However, when it came to booking this time, we had our reservations setup by Foxwoods since they didn't have any available rooms and noticed the prices have skyrocketed! The free breakfast has been replaced by a pricey Starbucks booth or you can eat at the restaurant which disappointed us. Also, we were asked which type of bed we preferred, pillow-top or tempur-pedic, which we chose tempur-pedic but when we got to our room it was pillow-top. The main reason we would not recommend this hotel anymore was the noise. They explain they have a noise policy and it is quiet time after midnight, but we were woken up at 1am by people partying in the room above us until 3am AND a party across the hall with people coming and going constantly and the party continued again at 7am. When we mentioned to the manager, he was very apologetic and was aware there was an issue with people having too much to drink and said he would send us something in the mail to make up for our stay and offered us coffee. This place just isn't the same and apparently the clientele isn't either.

2 Thank TinaN94
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us in the past and providing your feedback about past experiences and your most recent experience. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your most recent experience. We have eliminated our continental breakfast as an effort to accommodate the majority of guests who prefer an actual full service breakfast offering. In addition to the full breakfast we have added a Starbucks Coffee Bar open daily from 7am-12pm that offers an alternative option for breakfast on the go. I understand that you were upset about the clientele and the prices of the hotel. Our pricing structure has been consistent during the week and on the weekends. The rate structure does vary by the weekend. The previous two weekends were surrounded by two major holidays Valentine’s Day and Presidents Day so any rate fluctuation was validated by demand. As a general rule please attempt to reserve in advance and travel Sunday thru Friday to receive the best value. Saturdays are always a peak night in the casino market. The clientele of the hotel varies by weekend and the hotel appreciates all of our guests. We are realistic and understand that we are the closest hotel to Foxwoods Resort and Casino. We do expect a late night crowd and we simply ask all guests to respect quiet hour policy after midnight for the benefit of all our customers. If there is any excessive noise or activity that could potentially disrupt other guests it is dealt with in a timely manner as we constantly patrol the hallways. As an option for our guests we do offer two types of mattress (Tempur-pedic or Pillowtop). If requested in advance we make every effort to pre-assign a room that offers the bedding selection desired. Certain classes are limited and when the hotel is fully committed it is difficult to accomplish at check in due to limited inventory. I do appreciate your business and hope that I can restore your confidence in the hotel. Please contact me directly for your next reservation as I desire to be of personal service.

Yours in Hospitality,

West Bridgewater
Reviewed February 12, 2012

If you would like to feel pampered and special, spend a night (or two) @ the Bellissimo Grande Hotel. This hotel has everything you could possibly want...accommodating staff, beautiful rooms, pool, restaurant, and great 24-hour room service - all at reasonable prices! When my husband and I need to get away from it all, this is where we go. Treat yourself to a Presidential Suite with jacuzzi. You'll never want to leave!

Doreen from West Bridgewater, MA

Stanfordville
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Had a wonderful few days at the Bellisimo Grande Hotel near Foxwoods Casino. The Hotel was extremely clean, staff were wonderful. We arrived and were greeted by the manager who was very pleasant. For a nominal amount he upgraded us to the Presidential Suite. It was quite beutiful. The room was very large and furniture was in perfect shape. The double Jacuzzi tub was really neat, especiaaly with the flat screen TV above it. Of course the hotel provided bathrobes and all the other amenities one would expect from a high level/ wonderful room. The suite was wonderful and well equipped. The hotel provides a shuttle to and from Foxwoods. The staff were friendly and the service appreciated. We look forward to going back many times. Simply put, a Great Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: You will not be dissapointed by staying there! Other guests we met there were saying how good there...