See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2017

The king room #205 was adequate and clean enough. The Direct TV system wasn't great - got some cable channels, but not your basic networks. Microwave never worked. Moldy ceiling stain above the toilet. The place seems to be on the verge of repairs - there was lumber and other supplies (or maybe it was just junk) blocking the walkway from the right side on the ground floor to the office. We had requested extra towels, but those were never delivered. You have to ring a doorbell to get someone to staff the office, so we didn't bother. If you're looking for cheap, that's what you'll get.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2016

We were going to a hockey game and were looking for a cheap hotel to just lay our heads for the night. I found the Budget Inn online and even though I read the bad reviews, it was cheap and figured we'd only be there to sleep. It is right off the highway so we figured, ok. First of all, the sign had no lights off of the main road, but I saw it and we turned it. It is up what I think is a dirt road. The guy at the desk was nice enough and had our reservation. The lobby was a bit sketchy, had a lot of costume jewelry laid out that I think someone in the family made and they were trying to sell. He handed us an actual key to the room. We entered the room and it was like a blast from the past. We think all the furniture came from a 1950s hotel, they probably got it in an auction. The furniture was way too big for the small room. We opened up the door on the tv stand that said it was the mini bar, and it was a big gaping hole with the wires torn out. The sign was still there that said that if you take something from the mini bar you will be charged. There was a coffee pot but no coffee and no cups, and, for that matter, no place to plug it it, since all the plugs about 8 feet up. There was "lovely" decor of a plastic plant, a bit dusty, probably also from the 50s. The room didn't smell and we checked the bed, and it seemed ok, so we went to the hockey game. We got back around midnight and it was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. In the morning, we went to check out and there was a man in the lobby, which was locked, doing his prayer beads. I hated to disturb him, but.... He unlocked the door, opened it a crack, and took our key; didn't ask what room or how things were, didn't say a word, just took the key and relocked the door. It was a pretty creepy experience, and I should have known better than to stay there after I read the reviews, but it was the cheapest. And it wasn't all that cheap, it was $149 a night, but it still beat the heck out of paying $500 at the bigger hotels just to get a few hours of sleep. I gave it a two instead of a one just because the bed was comfy and the guy checking us in was nice. But I wouldn't stay there again, even if it is the cheapest, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2016

This hotel was absolutely horrible! I have stayed at other hotels in the same price range that were so much better than this one. Walls were stained and coming apart, ripped tiles and wallpaper, cobwebs galore. Do not stay here. Ugh!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2016

Do not book a room. Place is run like a 7-11. The guy behind the counter wrote down my friends credit card number on a napkin that is when we knew we were in trouble. Got our key, opened our room door and got a waft of dusty musty smell. We were in the room for 7 seconds and went back to hand the guy the key. All I caught a glimpse of when I looked into the room were the bed covers that looked like they haven't been touched since my grandmother was a kid. We proceeded to get a room at Hilton garden. This guy doesn't refund by the way, you pay for the room, you leave, he double books it because you left. Disgraceful. I feared for my safety at this place, gross.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2015

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at! Could not find another room and he charged us $160 because of this. Would not refund us even though we did not want to stay.We slept with our clothes on and stayed only a couple hours. We should have slept in the car. Pillow in shreds, towels in shreds. Toilet did not flush right. No telephone in room. I expected to have bed bug bites all over body from couple hour spent in the rooms. I have never seen a room such as this in all of my 65 years. Should not have charged over $20 for this horrible room! They should be turned in to Bettter Business Bureau!!

Stayed: October 2015