“Do not stay here unless you are looking for just a basic room!”

Hilltop Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Do not stay here unless you are looking for just a basic room!”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Hotel staff were pleasant. However the shuttle bus from the casino back to the hotel never came. Even after we called it took 36 minutes to show up for an 8 minute ride. That despite the fact they said it would leave immediately! The "exercise room" had one treadmill in it that didn't work!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
haverhill ma
Reviewed January 6, 2010

My husband and I have stayed here before, but this time we stayed in a king suite, that was awesome, big and clean room, the best part was the jacuzzi in the bathroom, also had a shower too. The staff are so nice and friendly. They have home baked cookies at nite and they are so yummy. the breakfast has a big selection, our favorite is the big waffles and all the other great things and the best part it is complimentary. they also have a shuttle to the casino which is complimentary also.
Best price and nice place to stay instead of paying a fortune at the casino.
Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
South Windsor Ct.
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed at Hilltop Inn and Suites on New Years Eve and New Years Day after having been there many times in the past. We were greeted with a warm and friendly hello from the front desk, a rose for my wife and a bottle of champagne and glasses waiting for us in the room when we arrived. As always a warm and inviting comp breakfast the next day, the kitchen staff more than happy to assist making waffles and seeing everyone had exactly what they needed. The aim here is to please which keeps us going back again and again. Jay and his staff have a good thing going here and anyone staying here will feel as we do, our home away from home.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Let me start by saying that I am no hotel snob. We will pretty much always look for the best deal, and then read reviews on TA for further guidance......boy, were we guided wrong this time!
It looks like the Bates motel, and when pulling up at night, gives the feel to it as well. The room was F R E E Z I N G cold, with one loud heating unit by the front door. My fiancee took a quick shower and said he felt more dirty afterwards....ick.

I was afraid to even set my bag on the bed or even the floor for that matter!
We figured we would make the best of it, and hope that the room would be warm when we got back from the casino.
Fast forward to 1 AM.
We get back to the room, and yes, it was warmer.
My fiancee fell asleep. I could not because I was being BIT by something! OMG, I had hives all over my body, and was itching like crazy....
At 3:30 AM my significant other woke up, took one look at me, and said "that's it we are outta here".
His eyes were BRIGHT RED from the dust or whatever else was floating around that disgusting filthy room!
Needless to say, we checked out at 3:45 AM, the clerk barely acknowledged us at the front desk, but she did give a look that basically said "this happens a lot".
So we drove home two hours!!!
NEVER AGAIN!!
I guess my mother is always right..."you get what you pay for"....In this case , we paid $79.00!!
Next time, if we cannot afford to stay in Foxwoods, we are not going.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these North Stonington hotels

Schuylkill County, PA
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We stayed at Hilltop for one night. Our room was clean and warm as was the bathroom. The shuttle service to Foxwoods was sufficient. We enjoyed a satisfying continental breakfast the next morning and were pleased with the variety of foods that were offered. Overall our stay was quite pleasant, and we would say there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
ct
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Went to MGM Grand for my birthday but didn't want to spend the $400 for a room on a saturday night. We got 2 rooms among 7 or 8 of us at the Hilltop Inn and Suites. It was $179 for the night and we didn't get charged for extra people. The hotel was pretty much empty and quiet. We had 2 rooms near each other on the 2nd floor. The doors lead right outside so it makes it nice. The rooms were big and had comfortable beds. It was a good deal after we all split the cost. There was also a complimentary shuttle to the casino.. although they dropped us off at Foxwoods and we had to walk to MGM. Finding the shuttle to take us home was a little bit more difficult, but the cab was about $15 and by then we didn't mind. It's 4 miles from Foxwoods. I defenitely recommend it and would go there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Randolph, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Couldn't get a room at Foxwoods or Mohegan at any reasonable rate, so booked a room for one night at the Hilltop. Price is right but this "motel" is just the basic 1-2 star accomodation. The room is large enough, with king bed, small round table & chairs & small old style TV. Very sparsely decorated. One unusual feature: the vanity & sink is OUTSIDE the bathroom and has an obnoxious flourescent light over it. The bedding is basic and mattress a bit on the firm side. The problem we had was the HVAC unit (a "through the wall" unit on the outside wall) was SO noisy that it kept me up part of the night. Thankfully, it got cool enough overnight that I could TURN IT OFF and get some sleep! Other than that, it was what I expected for $129.00.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Cedar Park Inn And Suites
Cedar Park Inn And Suites
#4 of 5 in North Stonington
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!