“Get out your Wallett for a super 8 style hotel.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilltop Inn & Suites

Hilltop Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Get out your Wallett for a super 8 style hotel.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2005

I was very displeased. First off the light in the bathroom was not workingt. The only light was the heater light. The room was avarage. We did not recieve our roll of quarters on check in I had to go back to the front desk and ask for them. The other BIG thing was I was quoted a price of $308 or $3??....I asked is that for the 2 nights total and the man I talked to said yes. At check out it was $789 or something like that. IT was 300 per night. The breakfast was always crouded and we could not get a seat. We took a beagle back to our room and had to through it out becuase it was like a hockey puck and went else where. We did not get a chance to use the limo service becuase we were afraid we would have to get a cab back so we took our own car witch was no big deal to us. But for the price of the hotel the room should of been better. There was dirty used gauze behind the dresser and even burn marks in the rug. The room reminded me of any normal room you would get at the Super 8 Hotel. Also the parking there is not good at all. My boyfriend has a hard time walking at times and we always had to park 1 mile away from our room one night i thought i was going to have to carry him back to the room becuase his knees kept giving out. The only time we got to park in the parking lot closes to our door was in the day time when no one was there and we came back to shower up before going to the casino.

• Stayed February 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2005

I booked a suite at Hilltop Inn for my fiancee's birthday. I was excited about the suite and the limo service to the casino. When I arrived, my room was not booked correctly. The limosine was not impressive. I found it dirty. At check out, I stated to the receptionist that I will be paying with a different credit card than I held the room with. She told me it was not a problem. I found out the following week that Hilltop charged me twice! Once for my suite, (on the card they were not suppose to use), and again on the correct card for another room I didn't even stay in! Although in the end it was taken care of. I would not stay in this hotel again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these North Stonington hotels

boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2004

This was a great hotel. Only 3 miles from foxwoods with van and limo shuttle service to the casino. The rooms were clean and very well maintened. As other viewers have written they give you tons of mints in the vanity area and table. The breakfast was the best I ever had for "included". Cereals, juices, coffee, bagels, danish, and the make your own waffled were great. I will definetly check out the jacuzzi suite next time I go. They have about 20 suites in the hotel. They also offer a spa and workout room. We got there early and were able to check in at 1:00pm which was great. You can not beat this hotel for the rate and service. Cant wait to go back.

8 Thank kjanet2001
bloomingdale ny 12913
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2004

we stayed at the hilltop in in north stonington ct- we had a shutte service nitely at different times to foxwoods casino-didnt win but nice time-had a great con. breakfast daily, the room was clean etc-also went to the mohegan sun casino-beatiful there-

4 Thank branchwidow
Boston Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2004

My wife and I decided to head to Foxwoods for the Labor Day weekend so we wanted a hotel near by that wouldn't cost too much (more money for the casino!). We stumbled accross the Hilltop Inn while searching the internet. We got a great rate (same day) so we decided to book it. How could we go wrong? Free casino shuttle, free breakfast, and a great location. Now the website makes this place look like an upscale hotel. However, upon arrival we were greeted to a decent looking motel. The lobby was nice, 24 hour coffee and tons and tons of mints. Check in was friendly and efficient (even though they couldn't seem to find our reservation at first) and we were soon off to our room. We were assigned to a non-smoking king (as requested) which happened to be a designated handicapable room (even though we are not physically challenged). Room keys are of the electronic variety and the first thing we notice upon entering the room was the fact that the door frame was quite warped so opening and shutting the door was quite a challange. Second thing we noticed was the mints. I am not sure what the deal is with this place and mints. There were a big pile of them on the table when we walked in. The first thing I usually check out when entering a hotel room is the bathroom. This time was no exception. The bathroom was quite big and pretty clean. The only two things I noticed that were not up to standards was the face/hand prints on one of the mirrors and what appeared to be some sort of dried food matter (possibly post digestion) on the "call for help" (remember this is a handicap room) "pull cord" to the side of the toilet. We just ingored that as it was far away from where we needed to be. The bedroom was clean and tidy. We then called the front desk to be put on a list for the casino shuttle. The hotel website gives the impression that the shuttle service would be in a stretch limo. For the most part this is not the case. A large van is what was used while we were there. No big deal to us. The shuttle runs every half hour from 5:30pm-2:45am. Coming back it is first come, first served for the shuttle so you may need to wait for a couple cycles before you get a ride back. The complimentary breakfast is why I gave this place "Above Average" (while the hotel (motel) itself would most likely get an "Average" rating from me). A nice surprise it was. Bagels, English muffins, french toast, pastries, cold cereal, make your own waffles, several types of fruit juice, and coffee (may have been more offered but did not notice). It was a filling breakfast and one of the best included breakfasts I have ever seen. Check out was pleasant and make sure to get your coupon validated that is on your room key holder. They will give you a special rate (a VERY good rate) for a return visit. Will I return here? Yes! The price is right, the location is excellent and the included breakfast is just what I need after a night of casino action.

• Stayed January 2005
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
12 Thank discjoker
Stratford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2004

I cannot believe the value of this hotel!!! Upon arrival, we were hungry and the fresh fruit at check-in came in handy until we made our way to Foxwoods to eat! The rooms were very clean and spacious... (they leave you LOTS of mints!) and bottled water (PLUS the bottled water is FREE!!! which is practically unheard of these days! Try paying $4.00 at a similar hotel!) Coming back from the casino after a late show, the home-made (WARM) chocolate chip cookies in the lobby was another welcome surprise. The continental breakfast was MUCH more than usual... every kind of pastry/danish imaginable... choices of cold cereals, fruit, and "make your own" waffles and french toast!!! INCREDIBLE! The guy who wrote the (only) bad review must have been in another hotel. This place is awesome! I can't get over how everything is complimentary... even the stretch limo ride to and from the casino... (just be nice and tip the driver!) : )

5 Thank Tami100
markham, ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2004

This was the worst hotel I have ever been to. It's not even worth the stay if it was free because they have bad customer service. First of all I booked two rooms and only got 1. Secondly, there were false advertisment about free limo service. I wanted an experience to sit in the limo arriving at the casino. Later on when I went back home I called to the manager. Do you know what he did? He hung up on me. Thanks, thanks for ruining our trip.

2 Thank Hyperkid
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
Cedar Park Inn And Suites
Cedar Park Inn And Suites
#4 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!