“Nothing wrong”

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was quite apprehensive about staying here after reading the reviews, I actually considered cancelling. When we arrived, we checked out the rooms and to our surprise they were quite nice and clean.
Everything worked, the bed was comfy ( although squeaky). I can say that is is not a brand new hotel, and its got its wear and tear, but it is safe, comfortable and the staff is helpful.
There is free continental breakfast in the lobby and very good coffee.
This is a different layout, the rooms and buildings are not your cookie cutter rooms, but its nice and a good rate.
If you are elderly, I would ask for a lower level room as some of the rooms have a good flight of stairs. The limo doesn't run all the time, I think just weekends. Foxwoods is about 8 miles away. Rt 95 is only about a mike or two. Enjoy the experience.
We had a bit of a problem with remote on tv,, but they had 3 ppl on it,,, we got a new universal remote, that I was able to program.. No biggie.

Room Tip: Lower level if your elderly
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 16, 2013

came to cedarpark with my wife and had a really good time love the way the ground are lookking see that alot have changed since the last time i stayed here room was ok but not the way it should for a lux room bobby is a great guy love the way he works if the other people was like him and his wife amy this would be a really great place to bring the family and friends will tell more people about cedarpark now that i see some changes

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about staying here after reading the reviews, but now I am a little confused, after a long drive, the front desk clerk Amanda was so nice and friendly, I had my daughter with us and Amanda offered her ice cream! She was so sweet, after we check it and went to our room, it was so cute, and very clean, the Jacuzzi was so relaxing, the bed was so comfortable. In the morning we went down for breakfast and again I was so impressed hot Belgium waffles, OJ, Milk, bagels and much more, this place is a great bargain for the price and we are planning on coming back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I travel a lot in this area and this is a great place to stay. The mid-week specials are incredible and I save a ton of money as well as getting a clean room with great amenities. I am here right now on their internet, looking at my jaccuzi that I got with my free upgrade. I stay here all the time and the staff is just fantastic. They have gotten me great rates on cabs, refferred me to local attractions for a little sight seeing and the owner has a great relationship with many local businesses. I will definately continue staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay with friends and party this is perfect but if you are looking for a place to bring your family that is close to Mystic this is not for you. The location was fantastic but that was where it ended. The bathroom was entirely too dirty for us to bathe our child or ourselves, it took the office hours to find a TV remote for us, the two rooms on either side of us had a large group of people who were partying loudly until 430am and smoking cigarettes right outside our room non-smoking room which smelled our room up. I was reading reviews online while we were waiting for our remote and I did see that others had an issue getting a remote as well and with the cleanliness of the bathroom. It does seem like improvements have been made recently with the sheet laundry and ironing service, from what I read online but there seems like there is a long way to go....

• Stayed: August 2013
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

I want to thank you for your review, We have found the problem and have corrected it with housekeeping. We are on track , with new sheets and a great linen service that brings our new linen back iron and soft. We stand by our pledge to keep the standards that you can count on and we guarantee it. That is why i would like to offer you and anyone to come back as our guest to prove it.
We are a family hotel and even have family suites that kids love and keep coming back to see us! I am truly sorry that we let the noise problem upset your stay. We have install new noise policies and on busy Saturdays we are going to monitor this with an extra person .
We have also found the problem with missing remotes and have correct this also. Part of our 100% room inspection program has now made sure that all rooms have remotes for the TV's .I hope you think of us on your next time you are in our area.
John Syracuse ,Quality manager

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I booked two rooms at Cedar Park on line for a weekend at the shore.
Upon my arrival, they only had record of one reservation I had made and not the second one I made for my parents (even after Kayak confirmed the #).
They did nothing to offer to help until I contacted Kayak. Rather then paying them the relocation fee, they said to go up the street, that 2 rooms would be there and that I would not need to repay since I had already paid them. When I arrived at the second hotel, they said they had rooms but that I would have to pay them (they had not received payment from Cedar) and pay their price which was much higher than what I had already paid. I spent 3 hours on the phone between Kayak and Cedar Park with no success!! Thankfully the second hotel mercifullly agreed to the original price. Their staff was outstanding. I am still waiting to receive my refund from Cedar Park although I have contacted them since that dreadful night.
They do not have enough staff to handle more than one phone call at a time!! I highly recommend to anyone to stay as far away from this property as possible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Diana P
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

I am sorry for your bad experience last Saturday night . We were sold out and expedia overbooked us after we closed out our rooms with them. You came in with only one reservation. we kindly found you two rooms at one of our friendly hotels up the road for you. We arranged the same rate for you. This is why I always recommend guest to call us directly to avoid these situations and usually get a better rate and a better selection of rooms and sometimes free upgrades

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place has potential - it's a cool property. But it was very unprofessional. Our air conditioning unit broke in the middle of the night and started spewing out hot air and making this really loud noise. The TV had no remote. Our room wasn't cleaned, even though we didn't put a do not disturb sign on the door. These things would have been almost bearable if the management had been responsive. They were obviously overwhelmed with the job and couldn't multi task. I kept getting a stressed out response...and then no action. Not really the vibe I'm looking for on vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank owlgirl36

You are the same reviewer as ( Good Enough) I think you should have contacted a legal opinion before writing slanderous reviews

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Stonington
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
#11 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!