“Great Place to Stay”

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
Colchester, Connecticut
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed at Cedar Park several times over the past few months. I just love it. All of the employees are so nice. I love the fact they have limo service to both Mohegan and Foxwoods. The rooms are very clean. I really enjoy the rooms with the jaccuzzi...They always have a fire burning in the evening with free hot dogs. Then, in the morning they have complimentary breakfast. Also, I love the fact that I can be on Watch Hill beach in a matter or 15 minutes. You can't beat the price or convenience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Myself and my famliy stay here everytime we go to the beach in RI. It is a short drive away. We love staying because everyone is so friendly and they do whatever it take to make our stay wonderful and they rooms are always clean. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome. We will be retiurning in a few weeks for a two night stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I had been to this hotel several times. This had to be the absolute worst! The staff was nice enough except when we went into our room we had found a condom underneath the pillow on the bed. The sheets were put on the bed over filth. It was disgusting. We had gone to the office to ask for another room which they gave us but this one too was not clean. There was mold in the bathrooms the carpets were not vacuumed. We then decided to go up to Foxwoods which was a lot of fun. Except they state the limousine ride is complimentary and yet the woman in the office said there was a charge per person plus tip. When we tried to call the office to get picked up from the casino the driver wasn't answering his phone after trying to call him several times we called the other number we were provided with just to get a recording stating the number has been disconnected. Finally after standing in torrential down pours and thunderstorms for an hour the limo showed up just to tell us that a shuttle was on the way. Finally we made it back to the hotel it was after 2 in the morning. mind you our first attempt to reach these folks was at midnight. We got back to the hotel asked for a refund told them we were leaving they said for me to talk to the manager which I did and he assured me that he would comp the room. It has been almost a week and I have not heard from them nor have they comped the room. I have left several messages and I get no response.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank allforuamber
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our property.When you came back to our office and ask for a new room we gave you a new upgraded room. You inspected the new room and you were happy. We did go with you to the original room and inspected the room for this condom and we could not find one and you did not know where it went to. The bed was perfectly made and the room was still perfect from housekeeping. The limo service we provide is complimentary but we suggest that the drivers do takes tips. You gave us $20. to give the driver. That night we had a horrible rain storm that made it very hard for the drivers to even see the roads and you called during the worst time of the storm. When you came back after the storm and demanded your money back, We gave you back the original $20. tip you ask us to give the driver. You did say that you would write a bad review if we didn't refund all of your money. We have new sheets in all of our rooms ,and have a new quality control program and we guarantee guest satisfaction.

Travelers are raving about these North Stonington hotels

taft71
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I took a short weekend trip to Foxwoods and one of the nights we stayed at Cedar Park. We were pleasantly surprised by the smiling faces, excellent service, cleanliness of the room (thanks to Claudine) and value, especially for a Saturday night. A nightly firepit was a great touch along with endless hotdogs and sausages, beer and wine and ice cream. We would recommend Cedar Park for a rustic, quiet, serene stay. It may not be a five star hotel, but we loved it. By the way, tempur-pedic mattresses in all the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor. The rooms are larger.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ended up here when the electricity was out (we live locally) during a winter storm after Hurricane Sandy (wish we had come here too during that one!) and it felt like when in the Wizard of Oz movie and Dorothy wakes up and everything goes from black and white to color :) Granted we were happy to be warm and have lights on but then the hotel exceeded our greatest expectations! We got a free upgrade to the whirlpool suite, my boyfriend was only able to stay one night because of work but I stayed there two more as my work is done by telecommute and the internet was not only on but fast and reliable. The room was beautiful, immaculately clean, the Tempur-pedic mattress was so comfortable and the whirlpool tub delightful. The views were lovely, the staff was so nice and helpful, there was a very good complimentary breakfast each day and there is a free shuttle to the casinos as well as on Friday and Saturday nights there are free drinks and food. If you are going to the casinos stay here and save your money and be more comfortable, we actually stayed at the MGM Grand recently and it was nice but we wished we had gone to the Cedar Park Inn again instead and will do so next time for sure.

Room Tip: Go for the whirlpool suite it is sheer luxury at not more of a price difference; sign up online for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I've been here many times in the past 5 years, however this last time my friends and I were lied to by the manager regarding our room and when we inquired about a refund, he used intimidation and screamed at us. It was absolute unprofessional and quite scary that someone as him runs a business. It wasn't until we threatened an attorney did he finally give our well-deserved refund. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Snoopy1118
Thank you for your review. We made an exception when you had your bachorette party at our hotel . We normally only allow 4 people in one room ,we let you have 6. When more friends showed up to take the limo to the casino we allowed your guest to ride free. When you complained that the extra room you requested wasn't adjoining we showed you that it was adjoining, but you just needed to open up the adjoining door. You then said you didn't need it because all 6 of your friends could fit in your room with the two beds and the fold out couch. You then wanted your money back for the extra room you had reserved, so we refunded your money. We did have to ask you and your friends to be quiet and keep the noise down . It seems like you didn't remember how much customer service we were providing in the morning. Please let me know if you need future service. Jose Syracuse ,Quality Service manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I highly recommend not staying here. The moment I drove into the grounds, I felt gross. We waited at least 30 minutes to check-in to our room. Unfortunately their methods are not efficient- although the attendants were quite friendly. My largest complaints have to do with the room itself. 1) The room smelled like stale cigarettes, and was a non-smoking room. 2) Floor was sticky and dirty 3) Bedding smelled like cigars 4) Shower/Bath was slimy with no bath mat 5) Walls had cracks and water stains 6) We were up at night listening to mice crawling around our room. As I was looking for a comfortable place to stay close to Foxwoods, for the price, it is not worth it and I feel ripped off.

Again- the staff was friendly, but the environment was less than comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut
Days Inn - Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
#11 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!