“Will stay there again.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar Park Inn And Suites

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
“Will stay there again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I picked this hotel because it's close to Foxwoods Casino. Nice room, clean but no hairdryer. I guess we can live with that. Friendly staff, and restaurants nearby. We will definitely go there again. Foxwoods is great.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ansonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

A friend and I decided to have a Girls Night Out at Foxwoods recently. We decided to try the Cedar Park Inn because it was close to the casino. The woman on the phone even told us they had transportation to the casino if we didn't feel like driving. Yea! We had a blast. The room was clean and they had a BBQ going outside before we left, so we grabbed a free hamburger (not kidding.) There seemed to be a nice group of people staying there.
I found the staff to be super friendly and we will go back there again! The bed was super comfortable, too. Next time I visit, I want to bring my boyfriend. This place is a little gem that I'd previously not discovered!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I'm glad I stayed here before reading some recent reviews. Because if I didn't, I never would have given this place a chance! My husband & I visited Foxwoods last week & we wanted a hotel that's clean & provides transportation to & from the casino. We ran in just to check rates, & we decided to stay. The young lady at the front desk was so sweet & she promised our stay would be wonderful. She was right. The room was clean & had a nice big tub. They had a BBQ going on, which my husband LOVED! I have never stayed at a hotel with complimentary food & drinks. Ever. We were short on towels, but the staff took care of that quickly. Limo service was invaluable. It was nice not having to worry about drinking. The wait for the limo back to the hotel at 1am was not too long, but you may want to give them a call before you are ready to leave.
We will be back for sure.

• Stayed August 2012
Harwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My Boyfriend and I booked a room last August for my birthday. When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi tub. We had a great stay. The staff was very friendly. It felt great to get away for a night with all of the stress in our lives. We are thinking about returning very soon. It has been a tough year for us due to my mothers brain surgery and my boyfriends broken neck. Great Little place for the price. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I recently stayed at another hotel in Newport RI. I had a really nice time there for my birthday. While I was there the staff at the Newport Inn recommended that I try Cedar Park as well. I made reservations for this place close to a month ago. In the meantime I've read some mixed reviews. All I have to say is- I don't know why some people even leave their house. My stay at cedar park inn was pretty darn good. Like another review said "it's not the ritz Carlton" but that wasn't what I was looking for anyhow. I came for up for what I like to call a "DAYcation " with my daughter. We really felt like family there. The staff really was great. Our housekeeper introduced herself to us and told us to let her know if there was anything we needed. She did mention that they're working on improving the standards there. Although it didn't appear like they had much work to do on it. We had a great time. They even had a cook out that night- which was great. We didn't even leave the hotel. It's kinda like a little resort- they've got food- drinks- a jacuzzi in the room- an open kitchen (which my 11 year old daughter went nuts for) full of ice cream. I gotta say that the mixed reviews kinda threw me off before I got there- but let me tell ya. We enjoyed it and felt very comfortable! Give them a try- I dought you'll regret it :))

• Stayed August 2012
Uncasville, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

What a neat place! Thanks to the excellent staff! FREE Transportation to the casino! ( just had to tip the driver) and Complimentary beverages while i roasted marshmallows in their little firepit on their outdoor patio. lol. Plus a FREE BARBECUE! Who does that? I had a really fun time! iT'S NOT THE RITZ-CARLTON...but, if you are looking for a nice inexpensive getaway with a whirlpool and a great friendly staff...Then this is the place to stay! REALLY!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lansing, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed! I'm not picky, but I do require a clean room. This place is not even close to being clean. It's also not a suite. It's just a room with a mini fridge and microwave in it. Neither of which were clean. Fridge freezer was frozen over, mold in the fridge, microwave disgusting, cigarette ashes in the nightstand, windows broken, bathroom door broken and would not close, shower fixtures broken, toilet not cleaned, trash not removed, floor not vacuumed, TV didn't work, burnt-out light bulbs, phone didn't work, and the worst part was the sheets hadn't been changed! They were filthy with dirt, sand, and unmentionables. That was my last straw! This isn't a hotel, it's a room by the hour motel! The representative on staff moved us to another room, an "upgrade"; it was a smoking room and we had requested a non-smoking room and this room also had another list of items that need attention. However, the sheets were clean in this room; that was the extent of good things to say about it. We had checked in after 11 pm and couldn't get our rental car until the next morning. I informed the front desk we would be checking out immediately the next morning upon receipt of our rental car and I asked for a refund of the two remaining nights. We left the next morning at 9:38 a.m. After much back and forth with them and Expedia, I still don't have my refund. We found another hotel nearby and paid again, but we felt comfortable there because it was clean.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before you book. Also read the fine print before booking.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Family_Fun402
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I want to thank you for the review. I am truly sorry for your bad experience. The first room you were put into was marked clean on our housekeeping sheet , but it was actually a dirty room. You came to the desk within 15 minutes of checking in and told us of the problem. We immediately upgraded you at no charge to out luxury room. We inspected the room with you and you agreed it was OK. You even commented on our new sheets that we just bought for the whole hotel that we are in the process of installing.I am the new manager of the hotel and I guarantee the best service that meets our new standards.Please call me directly with your next travel needs .
John Syracuze -1860-535-7829

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,370 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!