“BEWARE! Should have ZERO STARS!”

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
Lansing, Michigan, United States
“BEWARE! Should have ZERO STARS!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed! I'm not picky, but I do require a clean room. This place is not even close to being clean. It's also not a suite. It's just a room with a mini fridge and microwave in it. Neither of which were clean. Fridge freezer was frozen over, mold in the fridge, microwave disgusting, cigarette ashes in the nightstand, windows broken, bathroom door broken and would not close, shower fixtures broken, toilet not cleaned, trash not removed, floor not vacuumed, TV didn't work, burnt-out light bulbs, phone didn't work, and the worst part was the sheets hadn't been changed! They were filthy with dirt, sand, and unmentionables. That was my last straw! This isn't a hotel, it's a room by the hour motel! The representative on staff moved us to another room, an "upgrade"; it was a smoking room and we had requested a non-smoking room and this room also had another list of items that need attention. However, the sheets were clean in this room; that was the extent of good things to say about it. We had checked in after 11 pm and couldn't get our rental car until the next morning. I informed the front desk we would be checking out immediately the next morning upon receipt of our rental car and I asked for a refund of the two remaining nights. We left the next morning at 9:38 a.m. After much back and forth with them and Expedia, I still don't have my refund. We found another hotel nearby and paid again, but we felt comfortable there because it was clean.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before you book. Also read the fine print before booking.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Family_Fun402
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I want to thank you for the review. I am truly sorry for your bad experience. The first room you were put into was marked clean on our housekeeping sheet , but it was actually a dirty room. You came to the desk within 15 minutes of checking in and told us of the problem. We immediately upgraded you at no charge to out luxury room. We inspected the room with you and you agreed it was OK. You even commented on our new sheets that we just bought for the whole hotel that we are in the process of installing.I am the new manager of the hotel and I guarantee the best service that meets our new standards.Please call me directly with your next travel needs .
John Syracuze -1860-535-7829
Quality manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After driving for a few hours thru torrential downpour, our moods were dampened to say the least. We wanted nothing more than to have a nice, warm welcoming room. We were greeted with the exact opposite.

If you read my other TripAdvisor reviews, I'm nothing but honest, and I'm really not one to brash a business/restaurant for being terrible. I'm fair with my reviews, and I'm being fair yet again..zero stars would be more appropriate, but that's not an option here.

We booked reservations in advance for one night...thank goodness for that. I rather dribble a basketball through a minefield than stay here again. And here's why:

-No replacement toilet paper
-No face towels
-Lack of towels overall
-Crappy TV Signal..with barely any channels
-Cobwebs, accompanied by, you guessed it!
-The pillows were as thin as a saltine cracker
-Mattress stiff...woke up with stiff backs

The staff at check in was really friendly..at least that gets good marks!

The location is also in close proximity to Watch Hill, which is good.

Please save your money, and ALWAYS do your research here on TripAdvisor first! I learned that the hard way!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravelerKB1
greekva, Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
I am truly sorry for your bad stay . I have to agree with you , But we are going to get better, or the best, Thats my job! I am new general manager ,
Call me with your next travel needs , Thanks John Syracuze ,general manager

Travelers are raving about these North Stonington hotels

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Im currently in room 141 and when my wife and I arrived it looked like a nice room but when I looked at the carpet it was not cleaned and there were crumbs all near the love seat and when I would go outside the railing was full of bird poop and I mean full of bird poop. I was disgusted to see this. I had no time to complain because I had to be at a family function as soon as we checked in. When we returned to the room I wanted to watch tv but when I tried to turn on the tv with the remote it don't work so when I went to bed I had to physically get up to shut it off. The next morning I went to ask the resorptionist if I can get a new remote and she said I could not because no one is here to fix it and this was a 9:30 in the morning. I would think someone would be there for any kind of maintaince. I ask her about the bird poop and she told me that someone power washes it everyday. So why was it no cleaned when I got there and why is it still there. I wanted to make coffee but where the coffee pot was I could not plug it in.So it was either go plug it in the bathroom which is gross or go down the street to dunkin donuts.Even if I wanted coffee the pot was dirty and had grinds in it from the last person who used it. When we went to the breakfast bar there was a person in there and she said this place has gone downhill. She was a frequent customer. When leaving the breakfast bar and going down the stairs the monster drink cooler at the bottom of the stairs had some puke like substance in it and it was gross. When you spend 300 dollars to stay some where to relax and have a good time you don't wanna see these things. Also they need to dust the pictures and clean inside the toilet because if you were to take a piece of toilet paper and wipe the inner lip of the bowl there shouldn't be dirt and poop stains there it's gross. This is just my opinion and I hope it gets address ASAP. There should be no need for a place to tell you to wait for something to be fixed.
Jacob G

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Jacob1420
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My first trip years ago was a great experience. The property has declined. The staff was great. The room was terrible. Unlike prior reviews, I paid over $200. The first room I was assigned was not cleaned in a long time. The cover sheet had a large stain, the toilet had hair on it and was not cleaned in a long, long time. The floor also had a lot of hair, and other stuff on the floor. No phone either. The second room had a special room off the bathroom which appeared to be a water heater closet with no lockable entry from the bathroom, with beer cans stacked against the wall (in the secret room). The bedding was not clean, stains on the curtians and beds, room was not vacuumed with stains on the floor. The a joining room door did not lock at all. No remote control. The manager reception had two beers available for everyone, a wrinkled up box of wine and hamburgers and hot dogs to heat up. The limo service is gone. A van is available. I was afraid of the shower. No plates were available for the breakfast either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jodi123456789
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I do want to say that I am the new quality manager of the property, I was on vacation that week you were with us, I had hired some new housekeepers . One of them which is no longer with us . Was not cleaning her rooms at all. I do want to let you know that we wont let you down again. I would like to invite you back as our guest to prove it! please call me directly with your next travel needs. John Syracuze-1860-535-7829
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hello there, I first wanted to say that everyone was very helpful and sweet, , ,Claudene made the trip!!!!! I wish I could have taked her home with me the food that she prepared was amazing, , ,that women is a great asset to your company . Kind ,friendly always was right there when you needed something,,,,,with a smile,,,,,cant say enought about her . .the first rooms that we were assigned were filthy so they moved my friends and I to different rooms that were better, not great but better , , , ,other then the housekeeping issues We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: If you want a clean Rm.pick one that claudene cleaned, , , ,
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheshire, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel room was NOT worth 130$ a night..maybe 20 dollars if anything. Upon walking into the cave of a room, I immediately had to kill 3 ants AFTER finding live spiders on the window sill surrounded by dead ones. The air was extremely musty and smelt unclean all around. Not sure why there weren't blankets on the bed either..We checked under the bed only to find that it looked like it hadn't been cleaned for weeks. More dead bugs under the bed. Kind of seemed like a horror film was shot here. PLEASE don't stay here, you may contract malaria... or worse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Erica H
greekva, Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry you had a bad stay. We found the room that you stay in and we have corrected the housekeeping issues . We have set up a better quality control program to inspect rooms after they are cleaned. We have hired a new housekeeper that has been the problem with the recent reviews. Thanks again .
Terryville, Connecticut
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I wanted to take some time to share our experience at the Cedar Park Inn and Suites. My wife and I were looking for a place to stay for one night with our two young children after being in RI and with plans to go to Mystic the following day. We booked our night on Hotels.com which provided a picture of a room that looked nothing like the one we paid for. They adverstised that that the room had two queen beds and a jacuzzi. When we checked in were told to go to room 168, the door had a large spider web in the corner and the bottom of the door looked like it was being eroded by water, we entered the dingy "basement like room", it was dark, dirty and smelled of mildew. There were two small beds and not even enough room to setup our mobile crib for the baby. We immediately went to the desk and expressed our concerns. The nice man at the lobby desk reviewed our online reservation and placed us in a better room. We were a little hesitant to what we would find. The room was much bigger with larger beds and a flat screen tv. Although it was bigger there still was a smell of cigarettes, the carpets probably were clean but did not appear that way, there were stains all over, the tile appeared old and the jacuzzi tub was dirty with several light bulbs broken or missing. Some of the linen provided had stains, luckily we had some extras from the beach. The pull out couch was from the 1960's with stains on the throw pillows, we moved the couch to set up the pack and play and it appeared that it hadn't been cleaned under since it was placed there, I became the owner of a new lighter and some used q-tips along with piles of dirt/dust. DISGUSTING!!

We made it through the night and we didn't take advantage of any limo service so I cannot comment on that. The staff cooked some food in the courtyard and offered free beer and boxed wine which I thought was really nice. After the kids settled in my wife and I were going to watch a movie but the Direct TV was down (or the bill wasn't paid) The other disappointing part of the stay was the contiental breakfast. It was really a joke and I would be embarrased to present an offering like that. There was an old waffle iron that had old batter caked onto it, 4 nutragrain bars, a bannana, a freezer bag full of chex mix, a half full container of stale cherrios, 4 slices of cinamin raisan bread and old OJ and Milk. We couldn't get out there fast enough! I wanted to write a full review of what we experienced and comment on my observations to help anyone else looking for a decent place to stay for the night that is not familiar with the area. The reason I gave this place a star is that the staff were very helpful and pleasant, it must be tough to work in an enviorment that is just falling apart, I over heard that the manager up and left and it appeared that way! It's too bad the owner has let it go, the place has alot of potential. We will not be staying there again,
Thanks for reading my comments!

Room Tip: Find another!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Michael W
greekva, Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I do want to thank you for writing your review. I did want to tell you that the room type that you bought through Hotels.com was a deluxe 2 double Tempurpeidc matresses bed room for the $99.00 you paid . That room only had a tub and shower with the tub being a jacuzzi. So you did get the room you ordered on Hotels.com. When you expressed your dislike in the room. We gave you a free upgrade to a Luxury room normally $169.00 to hopefully make you happy. The room was room 116 which had two Queen Tempurpedic mattresses beds and a pullout sofa couch. (only one year old) .The carpet and tile was replaced 8 months ago. I personally inspected the room today and I did not see any stains. I talked to our cook that we had cooking the complimentory hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill that your family seemed to be enjoying and the beverages . Your family seemed to like the free 24 hour ice cream bar and 10 different types of Klondike bars we offered. I don't know if your family had a chance to cook marshmellows on the fire pit burning Friday night in the courtyard . I personelly went to Stop& Shop that morning and I got the Stop & shop brand of OJ with Pulp that I think is the best you can get . I also bought the Milk and donuts and Raisin bread. Plus all of the other breakfast items. A lot of guest make their hot waffles then put the Klondike bars on top like a Belgium waffle.I am sure your family would of liked to have taken our new 2011 Mercedes limo 12 passenger van to the casinos . Please let me know if I can be of assistance on your next travel needs.
Dee McDermock, Quality manager
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,395 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!