“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
Ossining, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was very skeptical about booking here for my bday celebration but it exceeded my expectations. Service was great. Room was small but clean. The bed and new tv were very nice. The location was great for traveling back and forth to foxwoods with the shuttle. I loved the dinner/drinks hour idea, thought that was a nice touch and very thoughtful. Overall, a great experience. Will definitely book here again.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Gros Morne National Park, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We wanted to stay here to give it a try. The rates here change like peoples socks and after 3 emails trying to get rates for the night we needed, We got no responce!! no HI,Bye or whatever so we stayed at the la quinta down the road.I am sorry but somebody should respond to customers email at least some kind of answer. this cost you as we will never use your proopery on our yearly trip to the mystic area.

Room Tip: Dont email, lots of other places that respond to your questions and truly want your bussiness
2 Thank Greyhoundlover
greekva, Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
I have checked all web site e-mails and I do not see any e-mails that were not responded to or answered. I can only assume that you were emailing an e-mail that was not ours!
I am sorry that you did not get a chance to see our New 46" LED flat screen TV's or use one of our Tempurpedic mattresses. Or use one of our Double jacuzzi"s that are 46" x 66"Some people say they are like having a little swimming pool in the room.
We have our new King spa massage rooms that have a massage chair in the room that can massage 4 body parts at one time! These are like the real nice massage chairs that you see in the Bookstone stores in most big shopping Malls.
I hope that I can be of service on your next visit .Please feel free to call me directly.

Dee McDermock,quality Manager-1-860-535-7829

Travelers are raving about these North Stonington hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We booked the Inn for a thursday and friday night. The suite that we got was a king deluxe with a jacuzzi and massage chair. The room was clean and bright and the jacuzzi was spacious enough for two. The bathroom was huge and very pretty. There were several special touches to this romm including several beautiful mirrors, antique like desk and chair and a very comfy couch and side chair.
The ride to Foxwoods was about five miles. We opted to drive rather than take the offered limo. The continental breakfast included self made waffles which I love!!
There was a coctail hour on friday with home made chilli and dogs wrapped in bacon, yummy!
I would recommend this INN to anyone wanting to have a nice getaway with a casiso close at hand for some adult fun. The Livingstons

Room Tip: Know what you want ahead of time.
Cumberland Center, Maine
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The place was the biggest disappointment ever!! We usually stay in chain hotels and have definitely learned our lesson not to sway from this. We thought this place sounded special, which we wanted for our 28th anniversary trip. When we first got there, we tried to be positive. We ignored the stains on the carpet, the stained toilet, the dirty sink, the old gross jacuzzi, the outdated furniture and TV, etc. etc. At least the bed was comfortable - trying not to focus on the fact that there were most likely bed bugs. The room never got vacuumed once the whole time we were there. Just a little carpet broom would have done the trick. We joked because the last night of our 4 night stay, we moved up to having a face clothe put in our bathroom. It took two nights to get a hand towel. The floor lamp was a fire waiting to happen. My husband unplugged it instead of using the switch because it was so loose. The limo driver was extremely impersonal! He spent the whole trip talking on his cell phone. Not sure what the $20 tip was for?? There just is not a lot of positives I could say about the place. Sorry.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
greekva, Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review . I apologize for not meeting the levels of customer service that we strive to offer. I am eager to work with our staff to address some of your concerns.We do have a contract with a professional exterminator that inspects all of our rooms for bed bugs as part of his normal insect inspections and guarantees that we do not have Bed bugs!
We are in the process of replacing all of our TV's with new 37" LED flat screen TV's. In some of our Luxury rooms we have 55" and 46" LED flat screen TV's . We also converted to Direct TV with High Definition for movies and sports channels.
I hope that I can personally have the opportunity to be of service on your next visit. please feel free to call or e-mail me .

Dee McDermock,Quality manager ,1-860-535-7829
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Ok we stayed here awhile back and made ressies for our anniversary this past weekend. After reading some reviews I was concerned it went down hill? But this just proves - people are crazy. We went, checked in quickly, went to the room. The room spot on clean! Bathroom was perfect. Bed was clean. The heat and Air worked - (Hey Fall in New Enlgland, we used the heat and AC)
We went to the manager special welcome, free beer and wine and home made food from Dee. By the way, Dee is the one some people say is grumpy....not grumpy - just New England folk!!! Your nice to her she nice to you! Free limo to casinos and great free breakfast the next day.
All in all for the price we paid, which was only $149 for a holiday weekend (not the big hot tub room - don't need that for one night) It was awesome!!!
Enjoy the beer and wine and outside fireplace - so go up a few hours early and don't rush off the to casino!!!!

Room Tip: all good!!
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The wife and I travel ALOT and always get a first impression by the attitude of the staff. We enjoyed a day at Foxwoods but wasn't ready to shell out $500+ to stay over. The front desk manager, @ Foxwoods, recommended we check out the Cedar Park Inn & Suites. It was roughly 10 minutes away and very easy to find. It was late Friday night and we had no reservations. I walked into the office and the desk clerk was a very nice young man, neatly dressed and smiling. This was followed by an accommodating and pleasant attitude. He checked availability and found a room with deluxe king & whirlpool bath for $129. or $139. I was so pleased with the rate that I asked if he had anything better. At this point I was offered a ground floor deluxe suite with Therapeutic Deluxe King Bed, Whirlpool Bath, Deluxe Massage Chair, 55" Flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc....for $149.00 + tax. I left the office feeling welcomed and appreciated. The room was very nice, well decorated and clean. It was a non smoking room and did not smell. We had a wonderful night sleep.
The next morning I sat outside in the smaller of 2 common areas. The layout is several 2 story house like structures scattered in various directions and locations in a forest like terrain. Some units sit on hills and some below. It's very outdoors like and breaks the mundane hotel/motel on the strip or off the interstate feel. I found it unique and relaxing. The property is well maintained and has spots of professionally landscaped flora. One side of the property is marked with an old stone border wall, which made me realize the photographic beauty of the area. The property also consists of 2 common areas. The smaller was outside our door, and had a wooden bench and chair with wonderful cherub statues and chipmunks at play. The larger common area is outside the lobby. It's much larger and supports several round tables with chairs, benches, a small outside portable bar, a fire pit, many interesting stone sculptures and flowers. The area was clean and seemed to always be in use. There were many people there and noise was not an issue. Even the main road traffic never became an issue. We checked out and met Dee, She was very kind and makes great cookies. At that time I spoke with another young man employee and a women employee. I concluded that the entire staff was happy working at the Inn and this reflected onto the guests. I just really felt welcome there. I express my joy to Dee, who expressed her love to all the employees. It was just a great feeling.
So good, that when our next day plans were spoiled by bad weather, we returned to the Cedar Park Inn hoping to get our room another night. It was Saturday night and they were very busy, but we were fortunate to reclaim our original room for $195.-
We left the lobby and in the common area was a gentleman entertaining the guests with an elec. acoustic guitar. It was really cool and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The fire was lit and I believe there was complimentary wine (not 100% sure). The guests ranged from young to old. We had a small group of kids above us, but they stayed out all night so they weren't much of a bother. Although they did come in like thunder about 4am it wasn't an issue and I absolutely had an overall awesome night sleep on that wonderful bed. My wife used the whirlpool tub and said it was heaven....we both felt the same about the massage chair. In fact we just purchased one, and now we're discussing getting a Therapeutic Mattress as well.
The breakfast was small but sufficient. A waffle grill with all the fixin's, cereals and fruit. Coffee was fresh and sodas were also available anytime. I don't know this, but I bet they could accommodate guests no matter what the need, or at least make every effort to please.
Now this may all sound too good to be true, or maybe you think I got paid or perhaps an actual employee. I assure you this is not the case. In fact, I suspect many of the bad reviews posted here might have something to do with residual sourness from a bad night of casino life. As for me....I dropped a "G" easy at the casino, and still look forward to a return trip and a return stay at the Cedar Park Inn. Thanks to ALL of you !!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kachina63
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I have been staying here annually for several years for an event in the area. It is a unique place with Tempur-Pedic beds (nice) and unique touches here and there. The grounds are nice, and the group I traveled with enjoyed sitting around the fire pit in the evening. The staff works hard to please. They had waffles for breakfast, and cookies around the clock and even wine available for guests. It feels a bit like home in a nice way. That being said, several of the rooms smelled musty/smoky, the rugs could use a good cleaning, and rust came out of the jets in the jacuzzi when my roommate used them. I do still think that I would return here however next year, despite it feeling somewhat outdated.

Room Tip: be careful about smoking/non smoking rooms. grounds are a bit hilly.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!