“Good food, portions and service”
Review of Buon Appetito

Buon Appetito
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been there twice. The first time the food was really good, but the service was not. They were busy but come on... We went back and had a different server and the food was very good and the portions?? enough for lunch the next day. Gotta love that! We even used the coupon from the back of the Stop and Shop receipt. Glad to see they are doing well, the building is beautiful. The next time with be a night out for drinks and dinner at the bar!!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our family goes there for birthday dinner's and have had great service, food and the atmosphere is wonderful. We are made to feel like part of the Buon Appetito family. We have eaten everything from the pizza to the great entree's and have always had excellent food. The wine choice is wonderful, some great wines from Italy. The owner's are wonderful, always checking to make sure everything is done right and the waitress staff is doing their jobs.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Good food, reasonably priced. Friendly staff and great atmosphere. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

With so many restaurant failures in this area it is good to find that one gem is doing it right. Buon Appetito, the former location of the "Dew Drop Inn" has managed to find the perfect combination of cleanliness, choice, professional service along with superb food quality and preparation. My wife and I recently visited this charming spot. We were warmly greeted on our arrival and, although the dining room was lovely, we decided to sit at the comfy bar as two seats were available with a view of the spotless, open kitchen. Our server, Shannon, was both knowledgeable and professional. The menu is extensive and so many dishes grabbed our attention. There's truly something for everyone here and the prices are reasonable for the quality. Our entree decisions included wood fire roasted chicken (w/polenta and salad) for me, and my wife chose the pappardelle pasta bolognese. Both were nothing short of extraordinary, with real, home cooked taste and goodness. Truly. Dinner came with warm, fresh bread and an olive oil/garlic/parmesan combination for dipping. There's an excellent selection of wines, with some very nice choices available by the glass. We were able to see into the spotless kitchen to observe that the staff were all wearing gloves, and changing them frequently. Very impressive, especially because it's flu season. As we enjoyed our wines we saw many dishes coming out of the kitchen enroute to customers, and we noticed that the portions were quite generous with great attention paid to presentation. We were impressed with the lovely dessert selections and chose to split the roasted banana bread pudding which had a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream w/garnish of fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Perhaps it's hard to imagine that bread pudding could be a fit for a gourmet, but this was simply delightful. Overall our experience was nearly flawless in every way. While we dined we watched some beautiful pizza's coming out of the wood fired oven. We took home a margherita pizza w/fresh mozzarella which we heated on our pizza stone and devoured for lunch the next day. A great pie. Don't be concerned by the fact that this was at one time the location of a diner, it was leveled and an entirely new (and beautiful) structure was built — this place is a true find and a real keeper.

1  Thank tbrielmann
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had salmon for dinner tonight and every time I eat salmon I get worked up about my visit to Bon Appetito last August of 2012. My sister and I stopped in, sat at the bar, ordered a glass of wine and take out. I ordered the iceberg wedge with a side of salmon and was charged $27.00. After protesting passionately, no adjustment. My sister ordered the pasta w/sausage and broccoli Rabe.
After returning to her house to eat.....her pasta had VERY LITTLE sausage....but it did contain a stone! This was not our first visit to Bon Appetito, but it will be the last.

3  Thank GiGi717