“It doesn't get any better than this!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buon Appetito

Buon Appetito
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
preston
“It doesn't get any better than this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

We are so very lucky to have this gem of a restaurant here in our area! The owners have made every dining experience thus far more than enjoyable! The decor is amazing, the bar is gorgeous, the music and staff bring it all together for just a wonderful night out! Try the swordfish or NY Strip special if you are there on the weekend! Just amazing!
Michelle J

1 Thank mjacobik

Norwich, Connecticut
“More than a brick oven pizzaeria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Buon Appetito is located on the grounds where Rosie's & The Dew Drop Inn, once stood not that you would ever recognize it by how it now looks...because it's an entirely new space, and a beautiful, architecturally interesting space. The two dining area's are spacious with high vaulted ceilings, beautiful hardwood floors and surrounding the room are large windows all around. We arrived a little after 6 without a reservation and were seated promptly. I did notice a waiting line around 7pm. the hostess was dressed in black & white, as were the servers.

Our server was knowledgeable about how the food was prepared and knew the extensive menu. I had read other reviews that only mentioned pizza & calzones, so was happy to see many selections: Panini, salads, pasta, seafood, burgers for example. My friends and I each had a different entree: Wild Mushroom Risotto, Grilled Steak, Baked Gnocchi & Scampi Pizza~we were all very pleased with the tasted and satisfied with the portion. And we had the zucchini chips, for an appetizer that were great. The meal came with some great bread & dipping oil. And they do serve wine and beer.

We were on our way to see a play, so didn't have time for dessert, but they sound so appealing (Caramel Apple Crostada, Butter Roasted Banana Bread Pudding, to name a few ) that we will make more time on our next visit, as we plan to go back.

1 Thank Pickles6868
Bozrah, Connecticut
“Just driving through, very happy we stopped!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Very nice building! Great stoneware and heavy dinnerware. Very personable owner. We had the life guard calamari which was very nice. The vinegar reduction with the peppers was great! We also had the house special wild mushroom & rigotta pizza. The crust was light and buttery, the rigotta balanced perfectly with the mushrooms. We'll be back again!

Waterford, CT.
“Don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

From a wide variety of appetizers, to soups and salads, pizzas, calzones, delicious entrees, specials and sweet desserts to accommodate anybody's palate. They also have a large selection of wines and beer. The owners and staff greet you with a smile and welcome you into their restaurant. A separate dining and bar area are for you to choose. A restaurant that my wife and I and our friends will be back for more. The Casino is right down the road as well. Go here to enjoy a delicious meal at great prices!

• Visited August 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice atmosphere but not a memorable meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My mom and I met up at Buon Appetito on my way down from Boston to visit my family in Mystic... The new restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the focaccia bread was very good; but the rest of our meal lacked flavor. My mom had the clam pasta which she said could of used more spices; and I had the Buon Appetito pizza, which had a nice crust but was very bland, I was a little disappointed. We didn't bother getting dessert. I guess this restaurant is a nice option if you don't want to eat at the casino, but I'm not sure if I would return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles