“Great price, even greater service!”
Review of Stardust

Stardust
MONTOURSVILLE
“Great price, even greater service!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This motel was great! We had room 109 and it was clean and roomy. There was a musty odor but I think that was from the AC running. The bathroom was spotless. The kind bed was the best nights sleep I got in a while. The managers were great and friendly also. For the price, it was WONDERFUL!! Very close to foxwoods, and right off I95.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
stardustmotel, Manager at Stardust, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry to hear there was a musty smell from the A/C. We are in the process of replacing all of the older A/C units and that room is one of the rooms we still need to get to. We hope to see you the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The numerous good reviews of this "place" shock me, there is nothing good about this motel. It was not clean, you can see dirt piled up along the edges of the wall/carpet. The bed sheets were yellow and the bed cover had large yellow stain. I slept with my clothes on and covered the pillow with my clean t-shirt. I agree with another reviewer that stated: I didn't want to touch anything. YUK. It's mind boggling that reviewers say this place is clean, my room certainly wasn't. There are also large spaces around the entry door frame.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
stardustmotel, Manager at Stardust, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We thank you for your review and your opinions. We are sorry that our motel was not up to your standards. I don't know in which room you stayed, but we know for a fact that you would be hard pressed to find dirt piled up along the wall on the carpet in any of our rooms. Our sheets as you put it are not yellow but are bone color and they are bought that way. They are sent out daily to a commercial laundry. We have new bedspreads and blankets in most of our rooms and they too are sent to the laundry on a regular basis. As we have stated before if you are looking for a 5 star motel then this is not the place for you. But we assure all our guests the cleanest room possible for the best price available.
Croton on Hudson, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wanted to stay one night in July at the Foxwoods Casino. $179.00 a night for the cheapest room at the height of vacation season was too pricy. Searched around and came across the Stardust Motel. $59.00 a night and a 12 minute drive to Foxwoods. Desk manager was very nice, room was clean, hotel was in veery good shape and in a very safe area. Well worth the 12 minute drive to save $120.00, which I promptly lost that night at the blackjack table.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently had the opportunity to stay at the Stardust - not usually a fan of motels, but was pleasantly surprised. Very clean, very friendly American couple running/managing it so there were no language barriers. Very nice continental breakfast in the morning. Definitely would go back again as long as same managers were there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Winchester
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I have family in the area and make many visits to the area each year to visit our children and grandchildren. We loved this motel. The couple that manage the property are very nice and helpful. They have worked very hard the last two years to get the place up and running and their hard work shows. The room we had had new carpet, linens, drapes, furniture and newly redone bathroom. Everything was clean and beds were comfortable. This will be our place to stay from now on. The price was very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Indy
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here two nights because we traveled here for a wedding that was in RI. This place was great. We knew it was an older motel but the reviews made it seem really nice and it was. The room was older but it was nice and comfortable. The bathroom was big and clean. There was a fridge in the room and a tv with plenty of channels. Hotel is in a good location with places to eat and get gas. Owners were really nice and available if we needed anything. Breakfast was good. I loved this place and didnt want to leave! Hope to come back sometime!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Acushnet, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This little gem in conveniently located right off the highway. And I must say, this was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! The room was spotless, and had a nice old-fashioned hominess to it. And as an extra added bonus the continental breakfast that is offered at no charge was exceptional. There was coffee or juice, yogurt, an assortment of pastry, or bagels, fresh fruit & organic fruit filled cereal bars & more. This was far beyond the usual fare offered at other motel/hotels. Also, the Mgr (and I'm sorry I didn't get his name) was friendly & helpful. I highly recommend The Stardust to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
#12 of 17 in Westerly
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Stardust? Share your experiences!