“Family friendly- close sites”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mystic KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Stonington
Mystic KOA
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Family friendly- close sites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Okay let's start by me taking you through my entire experience start to finish! First of all the ladies in the office are beyond nice and completely sweet. My elder mother has a 26 foot drive "Minnie Winnie" and we are total "nubies" to the whole camping thing. It's only our third year and were still learning as we go! We have a tendency of getting a little too spread out so when we were assigned a site that was too close to our neighbors the management was okay with us selecting a new better for us site. Bathrooms are clean very tidy. Lots of rec. activities and other happenings. Pool and park also get a thumbs up from us. The sites are very close in the front section. Be sure to go online and look at the campgrounds map it's very accurate. All in all good value nice place. Ill stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rachel H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a blast in Mystic! The old seaport and aquarium were worth the trip! The KOA was clean and spacious! Pool and playground were very nice! The activities didn't look too exciting and you have to pay for everything extra. Only complaints were the sewage tanks were right next to the pool and playground so you'd catch a gross breeze every now and then.

Room Tip: If you have kids pick a site near the pool and playground because you can watch them from the comfor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank natesmommy
Leominster
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have come here several times in the past and were sadly disappointed at this visit. Camped closed to playground for the kids. The campsites used to be big grassy sites with trees for shade. Now the sites in rows A & B no longer have trees, were moved on an angle to squeeze in more RV's right on top of each other. Sites totally out of level, had to go buy some cinder blocks in addition to the blocks we already had. Staff not so friendly with the exception of a couple people. Bathrooms filthy and had to ask them to clean them, which they did promptly. Waves of raw sewage smell intermittent. Kids wanted to rent there 4 wheelers and we were told that at 6:45 it would be too dark therefore they couldn't rent them. They used to have an outdoor movie, now it is held under the pavilion on what looked like a wrinkled white sheet hanging up. They need to hire more staff. What happened to the friendly teens that used to work here? It seems like a place for grumpy retirement folks who don't like children. I am happy to pay for extra visitors to keep up with the place, but that isn't happening. Won't be donating any more of our hard earned money for this!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anita T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very clean. Organized. Wish kids activities where held all weekend all day.. showed up at check in on time and most activities that day were over already. Mostly open feild sites. But a beautiful breaze. Really enjoyed the stay 7 out of 10.

• Stayed July 2013
Middlebury, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We loved our visit to Mystic KOA! The management and staff were wonderful to work with while ironing out a myriad of details both leading up to this event and while we were here. Within the group we had tenters, RVers and many who stayed in Deluxe Kabins. The campground is clean and located near lots of activities that appealed to everyone. All had a great time and were full of compliments for my choice of venue. As other reviewers have pointed out this campground is a bit pricey but we did not think it unreasonably so. We have always found KOA campgrounds to be cleaner and have more amenities than most but of course you pay for those amenities whether you use them or not.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Eden, Vermont, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

So I checked in on Friday it's great then Saturday morning I call the front desk and ask the manager when they open so I can check in very rudely he says 9 and hangs up on me. Later he very rudely yells at me telling me that I'm going to fast ok whatever he's old. Well the front office staff tell me I can park on the side of the driveway well he comes down yelling so I ask him why he's being so rude and tells me he will be much more rude if he wants so as I go up to the front desk he goes up ranting and raving. I ask him why he is yelling and he said well let's go outside and il give you yelling threatening with physical violence. I have 2 witnesses to this and he then tells me if I don't like it to leave with profane language and this is suppose to be a family place. He shows no respect to anyone and is extremely disrespectful.

• Stayed June 2013
13 Thank Jonathan L
Torrington, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Over priced and poor management from the owners. We stayed in the deluxe sites at $90 a day and the management gave us a hard time for every little thing. Quiet time is at 10pm and at 9:50 they came over got in our face with flashlights and told us to turn off our music (which was not loud at all) and turn off our TV (which was on mute!) or they were calling the cops- there was 6 of us sitting around a campfire! We played softball in the field at 3pm and they told us we were being too loud and quiet hours are strictly enforced (it was 3pm!!). This is a fine place for an old quiet couple but not for a group of people. The rest of the staff was nice and enjoyable but no the owner John.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,385 reviews

Been to Mystic KOA? Share your experiences!