“Amazing time”
Review of Mystic KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Stonington
Mystic KOA
7hsjvk1qjfgso08prilhi2g60-9jbr3jgrwojqnjkee3xll-cye3ppuzgcx6c
“Amazing time”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at this KOA with a large group of about 50 people. Our cabins were great, the staff was amazing. One staff member in particular (Matt) was great with kids. All the various activites they had for the kids on pirate weekend was great. The kids never stopped moving. Never had issues with other campers, everyone said hi as they walked past you. No issues with pests at all. Our cabins were clean. The only suggestion I have is to have fitted sheets with the bunkbeds. The plain sheets just don't stay tucked in on the plastic mattresses. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 9travelers

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for a week at the Mystic KOA on a recommendation from a friend. While I agree that the location and property are perfect, I was very disappointed in the bathroom and shower house. They were absolutely filthy the whole week. It seems little effort was made to clean them even once a day. Also the staff were not very friendly. We would really weigh our options before staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sueg2012
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We booked this months in advance and notified staff that we would be coming with a party of 12 for one overnight stay and we requested 2 lodges that wouild be pet friendly and next to one another. We called multiple times to confirm that we where near eachother and every time they told us someone moved us and we where not located near eachother and that they would adjust it and we would be in lodge 11 and 12. The next time we called we where moved again!!!! I called the week before and requested an early check in and i was told to call the Friday night before our stay and if it was available I would have to pay $15.00 fee, which was fine! I called Friday and was told I had to call Saturday, I called Saturday and I was told I could check in at 11am!! Excellent, we packed the car and drove to the site. We got there and I was told by the staff absolutlly no early check ins for that day!!! I was also told I was supposed to arrive on Friday however our reservation was for Saturday to Sunday!!! They also had me reserved for 2 adults and 2 children when I clearly made the reservation for 6 adults!!! Well they promptlly changed it to 6 adults and proceded to charge more more money for there multiple mistakes!!! We finally got to the lodge and the floor felt as though a bag of sand was just thrown on it for us to walk on!! Thankfully we packed our own sheets because when i pulled the sheets they provided us with there where dead spiders all over the fitted sheet!! The shower in the lodge was also infested with dead bugs! I understand wilderness and bugs, however in a lodge that costs over $200 for one day that was unacceptable!!!! We where also rudely saluted by the "regulars" as "weekend worriors" and totally disrespected!!! There was never an apology from the staff during our stay and we will never stay again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank STEPHANIE R
North Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We visited over Memorial Day weekend and there were lots of activities for the kids: making tie-dye T-shirts, candy bingo, hay rides, Friday night movie, a talent show evening, a live band Saturday night and a pancake breakfast Sunday AM. You could really park and be entertained for the whole weekend. But we wanted to explore the nearby beaches -- the closest is Misquamicut and is only 15 min away. Other positives: some cabins comewith linens, there is a small dog off-lease area, and everything was clean. Negatives: the place had two pools, but one was under repair.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank movieglue
Pawcatuck, CT
Reviewed June 2, 2012

So what if it is right next to the highway. They make up for it with friendly staff and scheduled activities during the summer.Lots of different types of camping sites, everything from tenting and rustic cabins all the way to rv sites and deluxe cabins. With playgrounds, 2 pools, the jumping pillow, the fishing ponds, this campground is great. The campers are friendly and the staff is friendlier. The best campground I have ever been in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank godlover519
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have been going to this campground since i was a little kid. It is a ton of fun. They have a lot of great kid activities, renting bikes, pool activities, karaoke, ice cream socials. We rent the lodges every year, and they have flat screens, wifi and a full kitchen. It's a great price being so close to Misquamiumcut beach. Fun for all ages, at a safe camp ground. You get luxury but don't forget it's still a campground. :)

Room Tip: try to get the lodges with the patio!:)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CWahl
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Beautiful grounds, super nice spot. The facilities very clean and staff friendly. We will go back.

Room Tip: Book in advance, we came at the start of the season and I have no doubt this place is busy. Very pr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Mystic KOA? Share your experiences!