“Donna & Shiraz et al.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Haven
Sag Harbor, New York
“Donna & Shiraz et al.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Again the entire staff at HINH goes out of their way for clients and guests. I must say I am catered to time and again well beyond any other hotel in the north east. The food is great, there is always a warm cup of coffee available and even a treat at the sign in- outstanding persistence staff- commendable.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank mike g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

From the very moment you step into the foyer, you feel as if you are a most welcomed guest and nothing will be a problem. The staff members are so welcoming and friendly and genuinely concerned about making your sojourn here most comfortable and enjoyable. When one then meets the general manager, you understand why the staff are so kindly gregarious, as such all too rare qualities, nowadays, are a reflection of said manager, not that you would readily glean he is in charge, given his unassuming disposition.
Your favourable impressions of the establishment are further enhanced by the very generous welcoming gatherings on a Monday and Tuesday evening, where guests are encouraged to meet and discourse, while ingesting a libation and enjoying some delectable delights in idyllic, warm surrounds. The soire was attended by the manager, who treats each and every person, as someone very special and about whom he cares - ever so thoughtful.
If alerted to a special occasion, management will go out of their way to make that special time, an even more important happening and unobtrusively join in the celebration, again making you feel special.
Whilst the hotel is a certain distance from downtown, the offer and provision of a shulltlt car, with amiable driver, quickly solves this one could be mitigating factor.
The front desk attendants are also a delight, with their accommodating manners and approaches full of warmth and caring.
Being Australian travellers of independent travel plans, we have been travelling all over the United States of America for ten weeks, zig zaging from Los Angeles by bus and train, and this hotel and staff provided us with our most memorably favourable experiences, maiking all efforts and energies expended worthwhile.

Room Tip: Like you as a guest, every room is special. The room becomes incidental to the warmth of the place...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graham701
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love giving reviews for hotels that exceed my expectations. In traveling with my colleague this week, we were both struck by the level of genuine hospitality of the staff. From the moment of check-in both Shiraz and Dawn exhibited warmth, humor and a desire to make us comfortable. The conference :, Janis and Peter did the same. They went above and beyond what was needed. Both my colleague and myself can't say enough. It was a wonderful experience and I'm grateful to have met each person who Truly made us feel at home.

• Stayed May 2013
GETTYSBURG
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had to pick my daughter up from QU college. I used Priceline and it was pretty much a crap shoot. I ended up with this hotel. Having stayed at a Holiday Inn only one other time in my life, I really wasn't looking forward to the stay. However, once I arrived, I was greeted by a wonderful Front Desk Clerk, the lobby was beautiful and updated. While walking to my room I passed the Exercise Room and Pool which both were modern and updated. Beautiful! My room took me by surprise, furniture was updated, new bathroom, and the most comfortable bed and pillows. I have to admit Holiday Inn (or at least this one anyway) has come a long way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LAKOR
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. Hopefully we have earned your trust as a member of the Holiday Inn Family. We hope to see you again.
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Margi and Brian did a great job taking care of me for Dinner in the lounge. The place was very busy with medical students, but I was able to get a good meal,excellent service and a nice dinner suggestion. Well done.
I would suggest you request a room not by the railroad tracks if you are a light sleeper, but that was suggested when I checked in. A nice effort there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bob R
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for the positive review!. We appericate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The one word I would use to describe this hotel is "tired". The remodeled guest rooms are cheerful, clean, and of adequate comfort. Hotel style AC unit under the window. Comfortable bed and pillows. It isn't the Intercontinental, but for a roadside Holiday Inn its what you'd expect.

The hallways are kind of dingy. Carpet hasn't been properly stretched and buckles a bit in places. Halls need vacuuming. Hall floorboard heaters are dinged up from people jamming luggage into them. Dropped ceiling makes halls feel close.

What put me off was that I had a long hike to my room in the back, and all along the way the doors to the utility rooms and the housekeeper executive office were left wide open, and they were not a pleasant sight inside. It seemed very unprofessional

The service was excellent. I checked in before dinner, and by the time I got back I had two messages asking what they could do for me. The waitress at breakfast was very attentive.

The hotel has an evening reception with wine, beer and snacks.

It isn't the lap of luxury, but its clean and serviceable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from you recent visit to our hotel. I have reviewed your comments and will be sharing it with our management team so that we can address accordingly. It is our goal for our product cleaniness to live up to the level of service that you experienced during your stay. I am happy to share that we will be replacing the carpet in the corridors on the second floor and we will look that the carpet on the first floor to ensure the installation meets our standards.

Sincerely

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 3 times over the last couple months. The first 2 times were ok. But the last visit was not good. They put us in a smallish room directly next to the train tracks. If you enjoy hearing loud trains at night you would like it. The room also smelled terrible. Smoking , chemicals or a combination. Not sure. We have preferred status at Hilton's and this is what we got. We're in the area frequently but will look for a different spot. Disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with your most recent visit to our hotel. We appericate your feedback and will do whatever we can to address the issues that you mentioned in your review. We appericate your business and hope that you will chose to stay with us again. We are confident that we can earn your loyalty back.

Sincerly

New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale

Been to Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!