“Very clean with great amenities.”

Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Haven
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here on 3/13 and had a enjoyable stay. Lobby, the room and pool very clean. Front desk very good. Has Sports bar restaurant and food was good. Lobby had comp hot soup and coffee which is great. Will stay here again. Easy on and off the interstate.

• Stayed: March 2013
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for the positive review. We try to deliver not just the expected but the unexpected amenities as well. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best hotel I ever stayed at... Was greeted with open arms as if i was staying with famliy..Staff is very friendly... Jay the gm is wonderful he made sure my stay was wonderful.... I was picked for guest of day. What a wonderful surprise I had a cheese an fruit plate waiting in my room..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for the positive review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I booked this hotel as a stop off on my way to MA for the week. I got a late start and did not arrive at the hotel until 2am. The gentleman that checked me in was very friendly even at this early hour. They upgraded me to a king-suite room (wish i would have known this early!!). The room was clean and had a separate sitting and TV area. I didn't realize the card sitting on the desk until the following morning. The note was hand written and told me to look in the mini-fridge. Inside was a nice cheese and fresh fruit platter. Should have read the note when I got in!! Upon checkout I was asked how the platter was and when I told them I had got in late and didn't realize until this morning, they quickly put a note in the system for me to get an upgrade and platter the next time I stay. Great stay. Great staff. Wish I got in at a different hour.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EyeLoveFood

Thank you for the positive review and thank you for recongizing our night auditor! We aim to great every guest warmly no matter what time it is. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Was in New Haven, Ct., to visit the University with my daughter. The hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. As a Platinum member of Holiday Inn, we were greeted with a fruit and cheese platter in our room, which was a very impressive surprise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for the positive review and thank you for being a loyal PLT member with the Priority Club. We appericate your business and hope that you had a great college visit! Hopefully we will see you for a few more years while your child is in school in the area.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I travelled with a party of 12. Donna really hooked the team up with great service at breakfast every morning. She definitely made our home away from home experience more enjoyable. The food was great and the atmosphere of the restaurant was terrific. Great soundtrack playing while you eat. Thanks!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the positive comments about our breakfast. We want our guest and our patrons to start the day off right! We hope to see your team again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our thanks to the Desk Staff at Holiday Inn. After we checked into our room we began preparing to dress for a wedding to be held in an hour and a half nearby when we realized I forgot to bring my husband's dress shirt. We hurried to the desk and asked the staff if there was a clothing store for tall men nearby. They went out of their way to find out for us and found one within 15 minutes away. So away we went! Found the store, bought a shirt (which the store so kindly ironed) , got back to the hotel and dressed. We made it to the wedding just as it started. You people saved the day! Would also like to mention that our room was quite nice, but unfortunately, it did not have a microwave or frig. It did have a beautiful TV. When we returned from the wedding we settled into bed (approx.1:am) and turned on TV to unwind for awhile. Guess what? The electric went out! Oh well, those things sometimes happen. We would, however, stay there again or recommend it to a friend. Not so for Harry's Resturant. We had breakfast there. The food was lousy and cold and the service was even worse. In their favor though, after expressing our complain to the manager, we were not charged.

Bruce & Gail H.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Bruce and Gail H.

Thank you for recently staying at our hotel. I was excited to hear that our staff was able to help you resolve the delima with the shift prior to the wedding. I was sorry to read that the power outage that city had effected your stay and that the service and the food for breakfast was dissapointing.

Your feedback is a valuable tool to improvement of our operation. Recently we have worked to improve the breakfast experience and we will continue to do so. Our goal is to provide our customers with good food, great service at a good price.

I hope you will have the oppurtunity to stay with us again so that we can show you the improvement we have made for the breakfast experience.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because it is close to Quinnipiac University's new North Haven campus, but I hope a better hotel opens soon for the University's sake. This massive Holiday Inn has long, stark hallways populated by occasional guys who just seemed a little creepy to me. I had a slight sense of unease, as my room was far from the front desk and I actually felt a bit vulnerable walking to it. The window of my room faced train tracks not more than 50 yards away and occasional passing trains were loud. The room itself was pleasant enough--clean and cozy with warm lighting, a good work space, and a reasonably comfortable bed. Once in my room I felt safe and if I had been traveling with a companion I'm sure it would have been OK; as a businesswoman traveling alone, however, I just disliked the lobby and hallways for some reason.
Also--and this may have been no fault of the hotel--the reservation I booked online through a discount booking firm appeared in Holiday Inn's system under an entirely different name and phone number. After about 35 minutes and a phone call to the online service, we confirmed that the reservation--for which i had prepaid in full --was actually mine. What a hassle.

• Stayed: January 2013
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recently staying with us. I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our hotel. It is our goal for every guest to feel comfortable and enjoy their stay. In order to do so, we make every effort to place our female travelers on the second florr and close to the elevator. Safety and security of our guest is our top priority. With that said our hotel is in a very safe location and has had miminal safety or security issues. All of the hotels guest access points are controlled by key access so that no non guest can enter the hotel without passing through the lobby which is staffed 24 hours per day. I am sorry about the train bothering you. The train does not run late at night or very often as it is a passenger line.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for the general manager.

Thank you for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Haven
7 mi away
Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven

Been to Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!