“Basic Holiday Inn”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Haven
Boston, Massachusetts
“Basic Holiday Inn”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Convenient to highway, clean rooms, friendly staff, pool out of service. Pretty much what I expect from a Holiday Inn. Rooms on street side do pick up noise from traffic particularly trucks so request a room on the back side. Restaurant/sports bar on site.

Room Tip: Ask for room on back side of building to avoid noise from street traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KerryKelly
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the review. We are happy that you found our hotel accomodating. The pool was closed due to renovation and improvements. We are sorry about the incovenience, but hope that our guest will enjoy the changes when it opens which is schedule by the holidays. We are happy to accomodate any guest request when possible for room types or location. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Holiday Inn a few weeks ago for our anniversary. The front desk staff Andrea and Dawn were very pleasent!They got wind it was our anniversary and sent a cheese and fruit platter to our room!What nice act of kindness!!
We loved the room and the cleanliness.
We would definately stay again and tell others . Thank u for a nice anniversary Holiday Inn!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for the positive reveiw. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will surely recongize Andrea and Dawn for a job well done. Happy Anniversery!!!!
Morse, Louisiana
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful when we arrived for our stay. The Hotel staff and managers were very friendly and accomodating. Enjoyed my stay very much. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
North Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 30, 2012

On Mon. 10/29/12 a devastating hurricane decimated our small peninsula of Rockaway Beach, Queens NY. We had to evacuate because it was not safe for us. We left NYC looking for a place to stay. (When I say we I'm referring to BFF, her hubby, myself & 2 cats.) The closest place we could find was the Hilton in Stamford, Ct. We do not recommend it to anyone.
We relocated to the Holiday Inn in North Haven in early Nov. and we have not regretted it. The staff is incredibly nice. Stefanie the front desk manager, Jen & Karina in Sales, Jay, Faith, Simone, Shane & Meagan in Harry's Sports Bar. The hostesses at Harry's. Carmen is our favorite housekeeper. Josh & the engineering staff are terrific. Kim, the housekeeping supervisor.

It's a wonderful, kind staff.
We had applied for FEMA which took a while. We did not know anything about the procedure & for the moment neither did the staff. Jen went above & beyond to go through the red tape of dealing with the Gov't. We would have stayed here for the $ as well because we liked it here so much.
Coffee is served in the morning & afternoon. In the evening they serve wings, mozzarella sticks, wine & beer. The guests get to mingle.
I STRONGLY recommend the North Haven Holiday Inn. I hope that I have included everyone's name.

Below is my Facebook post from Friday 11/30/12

Last night at Harry's Sports Bar here at the hotel in North Haven Ct they had a fundraiser for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. They collected clothing, cleaning products, soap, diapers & money. The management decided to donate to several areas. Rhode Island, Connecticut, Long Island & Rockaway.
We are getting very well known here. They asked us to select a local charity. We chose the Graybeards of Rockaway.
Jen from the Sales Dept. is traveling to Long Island to donate to 3 families that are in need of supplies.
She had extra coats, hats & gloves. She did not know where they were needed so she gave the items to us. We will be in Rockaway this week & will bring the coats to the Church on 86th St off of Rockaway Beach Blvd. We read on Facebook that warm items were needed.
We cannot convey our gratitude to the Holiday Inn & their kind staff. We were so touched that included our community in their donation.
God saw fit to land us in the Arms of Earthly Angels & for that we are forever grateful.

Room Tip: The suites have gigantic beds. Some suites have Jacuzzis. By spa I mean pool & gym. .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We were happy to have you as our guest and as part of the Holiday Inn family during such a hard time for your city, state and family. Thank you for the joy you brough our team each day.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent two nights at this property while my employer was holding meetings in their Sapphire room. I arrived late as my flight was held up. I picked up my room keys at the front desk and proceeded to my room. Once I got to my room and tried the key card several times, it didn't work. I had to then walk all the way back to the front desk to get a new key. The room they had me in was all the way at the other side of the property, so needless to say I got my exercise in. The front desk was very apologetic and provided me with a card to get a free drink at the in house pub.

The property is currently under renovation, other then that it's a decent place, and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: If you don't want to have to walk a long distance to the pub, I recommend getting a room closer...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for the positive review. We enjoy hosting all our guest at the hotel wheather they are visiting for business or pleasure. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with you key while you visited. We are hoping to finish our renovations in the next two weeks. Once we are done our guest will enjoy a newly renovated pool and new guest corridor carpet. Thank you for staying with us.
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Simone with Holiday Inn North Haven CT is the nicest, friendliest and most accommodating hotel employee I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. She is the Bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. While working in CT at the hotel, all of the staff was very nice. This was a great experience for me, as I do travel all over the country working. I stay in several different types of hotels and this hotel and Simone has to be one of the greatest experiences I have had in a long time. As far as Holiday Inn's are concerned I usally dont get the type service I recieved at this one... Most of the time they are just OK , but this time at this hotel I have to say they exceeded all of my expectations. I am working and staying in this hotel along with other of my fellow employees, and I think I can speak for them as well, This Hotel does a wonderfull job meeting and exceeding all expectations that even the most discerning guest could have. I want to thank all of them and especially Simone for such a wonderful job and great stay...

Room Tip: All rooms will be nice and clean
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review about our hotel and our staff. Our staff's dedication to providing the guest with a memorable experience is one of our best assets. We appericate every guest that visit us and want them to feel at home. Thank you for recongizing Simone! We will acknoweldge her for having such an impact on you during your visit. We hope to see you again.
North Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had an excellent experience at a very horrible and terrifying time. I think the reason everything went so smoothly was due to "Simone" the desk representative. I would not hesitate staying at this location again...especially as this was a weather emergency,

Room Tip: They an area that is a "Quiet Zone" and my mom loved it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Denise P
Thank you for staying with us during Hurricane Sandy. We know this must have been a trying time for you as it was for many of our guest. I am happy to hear that Simone made you feel at home. We hope to see you again under better circumstances.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Haven
#5 of 12 in New Haven
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven

Been to Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!