“Very Nice!! But TV'S need updating”

Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Haven
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night overall nice place to stay !! Bar and restuarant on site !!! Pool was big and very warm!! Parents beware though deep end of pool 10 feet which is DEEP !!! Service was just o.k T.V. in room was terrible ! Asked to fix it don't think they ever showed up to fix it , also took 30 minutes to get towels to pool area !!! All this place is soom better service and update those TV's to go with those nice rooms !!! Enjoy your stay

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

Dear dolfan81,

I appreciate you taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please know that we are in the process of upgrading our televisions to flat screen tv's to be compleed dy the end of the year. I do apologize that we did not follow up to ensure that your tv was working properly.

I am glad you enjoyed Harry's Sports Grill. Having a bar and restaurant proviging full service is a great find for parents so that their children may enjoy our large pool as well.

We hope to see you soon!

GM

Reviewed March 5, 2011

While the staff was friendly, and the room itself was fine, the public areas are dirty and run down. More importantly, a railroad track runs behind the hotel, and when a train comes by it actually shakes the beds!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Dear artsgrl67;

Let me start by thanking you for completing the Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. I do appreciate that you acknowledged the friendly staff as I have a great team!

We do our best to honor requests for location of guest rooms and to satisfy their preferences. I am sorry that you did not get a peaceful night's rest. If you would like to contact the hotel directly at 203-239-6700 and ask for Lisa; I would be more than happy to speak with you.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and for your next stay call me personally and I will preassign a room in the front and inspect the room to ensure your satisfaction.

GM

Reviewed January 27, 2011

I am not sure how this hotel got the new holiday inn sign. It really needs work. Our bathroom floor tile was cracked all over and it moved under your feet. The toilet had the paint worn off of it. The ceiling tiles in the bathroom were black around the fan. The bathtub was old and you could not pull out the stem to take a bath. They offer to move us to the second floor where it would be a bit noisier because the wedding party was stay there. They need to really do some upgrades on this hotel. I have stayed at a lot if nice holiday inns are this is not one of them. The good part was the staff was friendly. It is the only hotel in the area so I guess they feel they have a advantage with that.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear Jlamb22;

Let me start by thanking you for completing the TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. We did re-launch in 2009 with the new signage, new bedding and many more extras; proudly, one of the first in our area.

Guests have many choices of where to stay and there are several choices in the local area. We have many repeat guests who choose to stay with us for what we offer such as complimentary shuttle service, indoor swimming pool and of course, Harry Sports bar and Grill.

Please know that we are currently under construction installing new bathrooms. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 203-239-6700.

Reviewed January 20, 2011

Multiple members of my extended family stayed at this hotel on the occasion of my sons' wedding. The staff was extremely friendly, efficient and accomodating. The rooms were clean and newly decorated. The restaurant staff was friendly and service was fast, food was very good. Over all we were extremely pleased with our stay and experience throughout our stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank antari44
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I frequent Harry's two or three times a week specifically Thursday and Friday. Each time I am greeted by Donna and Margi warmly and with a smile. The atmosphere is great and the food is good, however a menu change would be a welcome addition. Popcorn would be a great idea too.
All things said if you find yourself at Harry's for a meal you will get a good meal in a awesome atmosphere and if you are lucky enough to see Margi the Bartender or Donna the manager then you truly are in for a exceptional great experience

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Finding a hotel in the middle of a snow storm is challenging enough. But to find one by chance that extends a high level of professionalism with an accommodating attitutude when the guests nerves and patience have been in over drive, is what the Holiday Inn of North Haven is all about. Kudous to Donna, Stephanie and John for their excellent service and attitude. You made our stay extremely more pleasurable under the circumstances.

Earl & Cynthia of Brooklyn, New York

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2011

Thanks for sharing your comments about the service that the staff provided during the snow storm. We strive to be a great hotel that guests love with focusing on the customer even during a difficult travel situation of a storm. Hope to see you in your travels again in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

They try to keep the food healthly and very tasty at the same time. I drive an 18 wheeler and cannot find enough healthly foods on the road and really enjoyed the home taste of it also. The manager Donna made me feel right at home and she listened to what I liked. Very satisified customer. Front desk manager helped me alot to find spots in which I needed to go. They have absolutely delightful employees and very courteous.
Karen

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
HINHManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

A home away from home is the type of service we provide for the travelers at the Holiday Inn. We have noted a daily special with some healthy options to our regular menu. The front desk staff does a great job making suggestions or helping guest not familiar with the area find ways around New Haven. Karen thanks again for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Haven
#2 of 3 in Hamden
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!