“Nice Place for a Meeting”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #22 of 112 Restaurants in North Haven
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Nice Place for a Meeting”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Starbucks is overrated- both the coffee and the space for having business meetings. You can get come coffee and great baked goods and settle in at a spacious table here, and no one will bother you.
Being concerned about sodium, I asked and was handed a larger binder with the nutrition labels for every item in the store. I was very impressed. Never get that type of service- even in other Panera. And the things that you think aren't salty- look again. The pecan role and the tuna sandwich were the best picks.
So- if you are using a GPS to get here, take heed. Its Universal Ave North. When you come off of 91- look north for a shopping mall. My gps led me south and I had to turn around. So you pass some stores- maybe a Richards and turn into an area with several sections of malls. Its not by Best Buy or Red Lobster. Its across from Michaels, and next to Friendly's. Lots of parking.
Nice staff, clean, good spot.

• Visited June 2013

“Wow!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

It's been around for years & I never went. It was apart of a recent conversation I had with my daughter. Let's just say she should be their spokesperson. So I decided to go for lunch. Well she was right!!! Extremely fresh food, I had the strawberry poppyseed & chicken salad. YUMMY!! It's all natural, Antibotic-free chicken, romaine, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, fresh pineapple, mandarin oranges, pecans & fat- free poppyseed dressing. Try it it's Great!!

• Visited June 2013
North Haven, Connecticut
“Great sandwiches and soups...”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a good, quick place to go for a sandwich, soup or a salad. They also have a bakery with great breads and pastries. I enjoy their food - never had a bad sandwich nor a bad soup. They are always busy and very friendly. You don't get waited on so if you're not the type of person that likes to order and pick up your tray than don't go here. Although it is worth it.

Visited February 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
“Good Lunch and Wi-fi”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This Panera Bread functions well as both a good place for lunch and in internet cafe. I like to order their cafe sandwich special- mine was a turkey sandwich, which I ordered with their very crispy kettle-cooked potato chips and choice of fountain drinks. The turkey is of high quality, and the bread is delicious. Service is amazingly fast- even at peak lunch hour. No sooner did I pick up my buzzer, go wash my hands in the rest room, then the buzzer goes off! There are plenty of seats. Many of these seats have outlets to plug in one's laptop. Wi-fi is good, but it is a bit of an effort to sign in. Panera is an excellent alternative to fast food.

• Visited July 2012
new haven, ct
“Decent chain grub”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

People rave about the place - it's not always my first choice but sometimes I feel like a soup and salad combo. I like the fact they note calories, etc. on their sign. Food seems to be of high quality.

For some reason their "frequent buyer" card or whatever it is has to be activated online and I have never been able to do it. Don't know why they can't just do it in the shops - but they can't. If they could and I could earn a free meal or the like I would probably eat there more frequently. As it is this tag is hanging, a useless appendage, on my keychain!

Visited March 2012