“Horrendous”

Harry's Sports Grill
Ranked #11 of 112 Restaurants in North Haven
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Connecticut
“Horrendous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This restaurant makes the worst fish tacos I have ever eaten. The fish was soggy, the coleslaw was tasteless and why the need for a huge hunk of melted cheddar on top. Honestly, the food was disgusting.

3 Thank Clev
HINHManager, General Manager at Harry's Sports Grill, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the fish tacos. We have recently changed the product and preparation for this dish based on your feedback. We invite you back to try our new fish taco's! Thank you for your feedback.

ny
“.......... ummm ..............”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and went to Harry's last year and everything was great ..... Back this weekend for another competition and went to Harry's again because of the convenience. Last time we were there it was packed. The first thing we noticed this time was that we were the only table at 8:30pm on a Saturday night and only 2 people at the bar. I will say that our server was excellent. Having some restaurant experience, I told the wife and kids to only order prefrozen food, no seafood or "fresh" food as the lack of customers was troubling and I was concerned with the possible slow food turnover in the kitchen. Our nacho appetizer arrived with the cheese sprinkled over, but they never melted the cheese. The kids were very hungry and dug in anyway to chips and dry cheese, not wanting to wait for a fix. My son and daughter ordered MWell burgers. They were lightly cooked on one side and the other was 1/4 inch of hard charcoal. My daughter ate half of hers but my son at 7 years old couldn't bite through it. When a replacement was brought, it was cold and raw inside. By that time, he was too fidgety and settled with all of our fries. My wife refused my advice and ordered a shrimp caesar salad. I warned her against it but as usual, she went against my advice to spite me. I had the satisfaction of listening to her in the bathroom from 2am - 6am. .....Really ..... no joke ..... What a difference one year makes. This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a review ......

2 Thank JccNy
HINHManager, General Manager at Harry's Sports Grill, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I am sorry to read that you and your family had a bad experience in the restaurant this weekend. As the manager of the property, I will surely share you comments with the executive chef. I know that our restuarant and our team is capable of delivering a better dining experience than this and I hope that you will allow us the oppurtunity to earn your loyalty back.
Milford, Connecticut
“A "Must"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Visited because of reviews. We were looking for a place that was clean, and offered a variety of foods. Harry's did not disappoint. The menu has plenty to chose from for any palate. It actually took us quite a while to decide. Finally decided on the Rodeo Burger for myself and the Potato breaded Cod. The food arrived quickly, piping hot, and cooked exactly as ordered. I had requested my hamburger cooked rare, and rare it was! Absolutly perfect. The cod was just as perfect. All during our stay, Samantha, our bartender and server, made sure we were happy and not in need of anything. She also took the time to talk to us on a personal level. We felt like family here. Harry's is now one of our "regular" places to go.

• Visited April 2013
Thank you for the positive review! We are very glad that you decided to come in and give us a try. We hope to see you again!
North Haven, Connecticut
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm a regular and it's mostly due to the fact that Margi and Brian are such phenom bartenders! The service is great and they make the experience even better with experimental cocktails and great conversation. The food is consistently good and there's always a wide selection of beers on tap to choose from. Always a great time :)

Visited March 2013
Sag Harbor, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Harry's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Well, I am there for business several times a month. I can tell you, the management, like Donna and Kim, the bar tenders Sam, Margi, Brian et al. always see to make me comfortable, well fed and watered. I enjoy unwinding there, which is to say something because I am an Irish Pub kinda guy...

• Visited February 2013
HINHManager, General Manager at Harry's Sports Grill, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for the positive review and mentioning so many of our team members. We appericate your business and hope to see you often!