“Good food; obnoxious staff”
Review of Taste Restaurant - CLOSED

Taste Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Jason is the chef and he has a wonderful talent for combining flavors using the freshest incredients. The atmosphere is pleasant and the staff is very helpful. Some of our favorite dishes include the chop salad, the scallops, lamb with bucatini (sp?) pasta, and more.
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had been to this restaurant many times in the past and found the food and staff both good to excellent. Having only been there for drinks twice in the past two months, I have found the bartenders, in particular, to be quite obnoxious and inattentive. On my last visit, one of them was back in the kitchen and let out a scream that startled everyone in the place. The owner/chef doesn't seem to do anything regarding their attitudes and sometimes joins in the silliness. Just not very professional attitudes.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Love it here, been going here since they opened. Support this restaurant you wont be disappointed. Food is great and the service is personable.

1  Thank NEED TO GET OUT... J
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Based on the good reviews my husband and I decided to try Taste. To be honest, I expected better. The food wasn't terrible, just not that good. We tried the goat cheese stuffed peppers appetizer, which were pretty good. For dinner my husband ordered a sausage/mozzarella/pasta dish, that we both thought was ok. I did not care for my dinner at all. I tried the beef short ribs because reviews (on other sites as well) recommended it. The sauce was a strange tasting tomato sauce with a metallic taste. The last place I had beef short ribs at the meat was not drowning in sauce...they actually didn’t have any sauce on the at all, more like a steak. At Taste it was served almost like a stew. Not what I expected. The mean was tender but fatty. The mashed potatoes were under the beef, also drowning in the sauce that I didn't like, so I didn't really eat them. The espresso martini I ordered was delicious. We passed on desert because the choices seemed oddly put together. Also, the wait staff seemed to not care too much for their jobs. They weren't rude, just totally unethusiastic, expect for one woman who wasn't our waitress. I was disappointed and probably won't be going back.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Taste is always amazing. The food is creative and delicious every time. I love it!

Reviewed June 9, 2009

we dine at Taste about once a month and are never disappointed and are often surprised by the imaginative specials. The Bibb and
Blue salad is the perfect combination of flavors and textures and my absolute favorite! Other regular menu stand-outs are the short ribs, the hangar steak, and the pork tenderloin.
The menu is not huge,but has something for everyone. Desserts are all great,too! We love the seasonal fruit crisp and the flourless chocolate is to die for! ''''''''the wait staff is friendly and informative and attentive.
The wine list also has something for everybody. We have heard rumors that some people consider this restaurant expensive, but we think it is moderately priced and a great value for the quality of food and service!