“Loved it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Zaika Indian Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in North Haven
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

If you like Indian food this is definitely the place to go. The food was fresh and very tasty. We ordered several different main courses and all were cooked perfectly. Service was super, and prices very responsible.

• Visited April 2014

CT
“Second time better than the first!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was my second time at Zaika. After the first, I wasn't sure I would return, but my girlfriend wanted to try it one night after work, so I gave it another shot and I'm glad I did.

The service was much better this time than the first. The restaurant isn't too fancy inside, but it was nicely decorated, not overdone, clean and pleasant. Just a bunch of tables, no booths.

We didn't get appetizers but we enjoyed the flatbread things (don't know what they are called!) with the dipping sauces. Everything tasted very fresh and the flatbread was very crispy. Our dinners were very good as well. Chicken saag and I asked for something that wasn't on the menu but they prepared it for me. It was not exactly how I normally get it, but it was close and it was very good. I asked for it mild and it had just the right amount of spice. The rice and plain nan were good also. We got free dessert - some kind of rice pudding I think. We really liked it. I got it at another Indian restaurant and I couldn't take more than one bite, but this one was really good.

I'm glad I gave Zaika another try. The first time I really didn't enjoy my meal, nor did my friends. It was just OK. I guess it was because it was their first week. But now I will be back for more Indian food!

• Visited March 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Great Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Pulled off the highway to get dinner while driving from NYC to Boston and found an Indian Restaurant that had only recently opened. Food was excellent and the service was terrific. The naan was particularly good. We requested "very spicy by American standards" and the "heat" was just right for us; I'm sure South Asians would have opted for even more. The place was very quiet because it was during the SuperBowl, but the tables are not very crowded so I doubt it gets noisy even on a busy night. The decor is classy.

• Visited February 2014