“Like home”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you walk through the door, steel horse feels like a second home. The friendly service, absolutely wonderful,fresh food(have not tried anything I wouldn't recommend), and great crowd. My fiancé and I come here weekly and I would not want to go anywhere else. They have great specials, music and drinks. HUGE selection of beer and mixed drinks. I could not recommend this place enough!

Brittney B, General Manager at Steel Horse Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Hi Kristi,
Thanks for the glowing review. We truly care about the food we serve and I'm glad you enjoy it all! We appreciate you taking the time to review us. See you soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The food is average bar food.
They NEVER buyback a drink. I was there with a group of people, we spent well over $100 on food and drinks and they never gave us a free drink. It is customary for a bar to buyback people who spend a good amount of drinks. Never again.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your time at our bar. We always give a free round to our loyal and repeat customers, always. Do we just give every new person who walks in and spends $100 a free drink? No we don't. I don't think anywhere does that- you first need to build a relationship. We also strive to have our food be more than average. Our food is fresh, never frozen, and most recipes are our own. Our food gets fantastic reviews normally so I'm surprised with your dissatisfaction. I'm also very surprised you gave such a bad rating over not getting a free drink. If there is more to the story feel free to stop in or call and I would be glad to address it with you. Thanks

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Steel horse is very clean inside. They have so many different types of bottle beers and a good selection of tap beers. The bar is well stocked with different flavors of Vodka, Whiskey, Bourbon, Gin, and Rum. They also have daily drink specials which I ordered Lienekugals Summer Shandy. I recommend this beer to everyone, great summer beer. The staff was excellent in there knowledge of about the bar. They were very friendly and treated me like I was part of the family. The food was delicious, I first wanted to try the award winning wings. I couldn't decide what flavor, so I was recommend by the bartender Kevin that the Garlic parmesan are very good. The wings came out nice and crispy. For my main meal I ordered the signature Steel horse burger that had cheddar, onion rings and their own homemade bar b q sauce. It was cooked perfect, just the right temperature. The burger also came with a side of french fries that were hand cut. You could substitute sweet potato fries or rings but I choose reg fries. Overall I definitely recommend stopping to Steel Horse. It was clean, delicious food and great drinks.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Awesome place, good food, good beer. A great place in town to hang out, have a bite and a couple of brews.I would definitly recomend the Saloon.

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the kind words. Always a pleasure having you and Bree stop in! See you soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is the third time i went there with friends and it was closed. The hours sign clearly said 12p to 10p, with us arriving at 6p. The last time was a Monday and the time before that a Tuesday. I give up. dont want to give a bad rating

Brittney B, General Manager at Steel Horse Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hi Dirk,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're sorry we missed you. We are open everyday but Tuesday. However, we just closed for a vacation (8/6-8/13) which was posted on our door. Please come back and see us again.