“Best Mexican in the area, by far...”
Review of 43 Broadway Bar and Grill - CLOSED

43 Broadway Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican, Bar
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently moved into the area, and passed by this place several times. One Tuesday evening, we decided to try it, and we were very glad that we did. The service was phenomenal, and the food excellent. There were a couple of bad reviews on this site, so we were hesitant to try it at first. We stayed late, having a few drinks after dinner, and the owner came out, and we struck up a conversation. i run a business myself, so I brought it to his attention that he had some bad reviews on the internet. He told me that he and a previous manager had a falling out, and he believed that this person was responsible for poor reviews that he was receiving. Please, do not believe any of the negativity posted about this restaurant. The food is excellent, and some of the best Mexican food that I have ever had. You must come to this restaurant if you are in the Wallingford/North Haven area. .

2  Thank Spades9
There are newer reviews for 43 Broadway Bar and Grill

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I'm actually surprised this place is still open. Last time I had eaten there it was empty, and the food was not good at all. Owner rude and unfriendly. Not sure if they have a different chef or what happened, but Taco Bell has better mexican food. :(

2  Thank LynnSG1982
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Left without eating. Owner refused to come out to our table to explain a coupon policy. Rude, and disappointing. Would have stayed had he bothered to take the time to speak with us instead of sending his waitress out. No wonder the place was dead

2  Thank Jimmybuch
Reviewed November 20, 2011

the food was excellent and very reasonable prices. the service was good and the bartender knew how to make a good margarita. the place was quiet at the moment because thay were getting ready for there karokee night! will be back soon.

1  Thank mark m
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I keep seeing bad reviews for this place but I am not sure what people are talking about. The food was great, and the prices were reasonable.

Nothing tasted like it was from the microwave, it all seemed freshly made and it was good. My order was taken quickly and the food was delivered to me within a reasonable time. No complaints there.

The parking lot is narrow but anyone who has had more than a few drinks shouldn't be driving anyway so the other persons complain should be null and void.

The only thing I can complain about was they had run out of Coors Light before I got there.

2  Thank Chuck997