“Horrible customer relations”

43 Broadway Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican, Bar
“Horrible customer relations”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Left without eating. Owner refused to come out to our table to explain a coupon policy. Rude, and disappointing. Would have stayed had he bothered to take the time to speak with us instead of sending his waitress out. No wonder the place was dead

2 Thank Jimmybuch

East Haven, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was very tasty and great margaritas!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

the food was excellent and very reasonable prices. the service was good and the bartender knew how to make a good margarita. the place was quiet at the moment because thay were getting ready for there karokee night! will be back soon.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank mark m
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
“Good food, Good Prices, Great Service”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I keep seeing bad reviews for this place but I am not sure what people are talking about. The food was great, and the prices were reasonable.

Nothing tasted like it was from the microwave, it all seemed freshly made and it was good. My order was taken quickly and the food was delivered to me within a reasonable time. No complaints there.

The parking lot is narrow but anyone who has had more than a few drinks shouldn't be driving anyway so the other persons complain should be null and void.

The only thing I can complain about was they had run out of Coors Light before I got there.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Chuck997
Roxbury
“Bad Rap”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I saw the sign "Cantina" and stopped in to revisit my days in Puerto Vallarta. It wasn't PV but it felt different than CT. My order arrived quickly. The service was great and what I received was as good as anywhere I've eaten. I accidentally stumbled across the other reviews of Casa Fajita and believe the Casa has been unjustly slammed.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Molitov
North Haven, Connecticut
“Rip-Off & Gutless Owner”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I just went to this restaurant for the first time tonight, a Monday evening. We were happy to see the Monday special was "$12.95 fajita for 2" and "$4 Margaritas". This was clearly posted on the HUGE sign in the room we were eating. We each ordered a margarita from the menu. When we received the bill, we were charged $8 for EACH margarita. I asked the waitress why we were charged $8 each and not $4 each. She explained that the special $4 margarita is ONLY the "classic margarita". But nowhere is this indicated on the HUGE sign, and it's not indicated in the menu either. We asked to have one of the margaritas taken off the bill, and she went to ask the owner. She came back saying the owner wouldn't take anything off the bill, but we could write our names down and next time get a "classic margarita" on the house. My husband and I decided this was ridiculous, so we asked for the owner. She went back and said that he wouldn't come out and talk with us!!! Ridiculous again.

Just before we got our bill I heard the other table have the same problem, and as far as I could tell, the owner did take some amount off for them. The waitress also told us that this had happened to several people earlier that evening. Not sure why the waitress didn't tell us when we ordered the margaritas that they weren't the $4 special, given she said it'd been happening all day. Makes you wonder if the owner is telling the servers to not to specify to the customers what the margarita special actually is when they order. The waitress was very nice, but clearly the owner is taking advantage of his customers, AND he won't even come out and talk to his customers! We spent $50 on a ho-hum meal that was disappointing. What a rip-off! The $12.95 fajita special is a decent deal, but the owner gets his customers by duping them into ordering margaritas that they *think* are $4 but are really $8.

LESSON: If you order a margarita on special (or anything else on special, for that matter), make sure you ask what the fine print is, because they don't print the fine print anywhere!!!!

Visited August 2011