“Nice visit!”

Ranked #10 of 44 Summerstrand B&B and Inns
Mechelen, Belgium
“Nice visit!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Kingfisher was great! We felt like coming home because they where so concerned about us (two girls, travelling on our own) coming after dark. The room was very nice & quiet, the breakfast was excellent... too bad we where just there for the night.
If I'll be back in PE one day, I definitely will visit Kingfisher again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Capetown
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Best way to describe the stay at Kingfisher every time is " WOW". Everything you need or think you need, are already taken care of! From the white linen to the best guesthouse breakfast you can ever have! When out early, they provide a basket with a variety of snacks for breakfast. The rooms are in such beautiful maintained status that all you can do is relax, enjoy the treat and the warm friendship from Henk and Celliers! Final compliment: Attention to detail is the order of the day. The personal touch from Henk & Celliers on all criterias are unbeatable and hard to find!
Even the advice of where to shop for little gift and goody shops are the best!
Keep my room ready my friends! I am on the way!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifull, but there is rooms with a little lounge and more space.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have stayed at Kingfischer more than one time. This is my first choice when visiting PE. Cilliers and Henk welcomes you as a friend and will go out their way to help. I have stayed in more than one of the rooms and all of them is perfect. They are spacious, comfortably, private and everything on it's place. The breakfast are top's. Thanks guys. I will be seeing you again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bloemfontein
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Visiting Cilliers and Henk at the Kingfisher guesthouse in PE has become like visiting family. They are always welcoming you as a friend whether you are a long time returning guest or new comer. Their rooms are superb and they are very well thought out. You basically have all the comforts of home and Cilliers and Henk are always willing to assist with special request to make your stay even more pleasant. If you are looking for a tranquil, comfortable and friendly place to overnight, I would really recommend the Kingfisher guesthouse to anyone who wants to visit PE and experience its friendly people first hand.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The title of this review says it all. I keep on going back to Kingfisher because?
I'll tell you why:
Really good value for money.
The rooms [have stayed in a number of them] are all spacious, comfortably furnished and private.
Facilities are CLEAN and many have both shower and bath - relaxation!
I love the idea that you almost never|ever see the staff which makes one forget that at times that this is a really busy Guesthouse that obviously needs to be kept clean and is.
The breakfast is delicious, probably too much.
Luckily situated within easy access to entertainment, shopping, eateries and the airport.
Owners are very helpful but thank God, never in your face. Thanks guys.
I'll be back on my next visit to SA.

Room Tip: All the rooms are set back from the street which affords one a peaceful and quite rest! Some rooms...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed twice in Kingfisher, both times were for business purposes and I reallly enjoyed it. I also had colleagues with me (both times) and they also enjoyed their stay. And we really experienced good service: Henk and Cilliers even helped when we had a flat tyre and had to get to the airport on time...I had 8 people to get to the airport....and Cilliers drove them in his own car.
Thanks, it is reallly a lovely stay and a very nice guest house!

Brazil
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had stayed at the Kingfisher Guest House for only one night, after a flight of about 10 hours from Brazil. It was amazing the way I was received, Henk and Cilliers were very thoughtful and kind and the room was very clean with a lot of details that make me fell so comfortable. The breakfast was also very, very good. After a week me and a friend went back to PE at different times and needed another overnight, but I didn't book before. So I told to my friend to go to Kingerfish and try stay there, cause I would only go a fell hours later, but they were full. But what I was very impressed was that they were very concerned and helped us find another guesthouse.
So , I just have to thanks Henk and Cilliers for their help, attention and kindness, and I hope to be there in another moment again. Ana

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
#1 of 230 in Port Elizabeth
Treetops Guesthouse
Treetops Guesthouse
#2 of 230 in Port Elizabeth

Been to Kingfisher GuestHouse? Share your experiences!