$235
No5 by Mantis(Summerstrand)
The Boardwalk Hotel(Summerstrand)
The Beach Hotel(Summerstrand)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnature reserveputt puttcaravan parkjungle gymcleaning staffwill visit againstaff was very friendly and helpfulenjoyed our staybraai areaa great stayablutionsziggysfacilitiespeaccommodationunitport
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at this Lodge for 3 nights on business. Arrived after 9pm when reception was already closed. Security guards handled the check-in and were quite helpful and friendly.
Pros: Spacious rooms and reasonably clean, self catering facilities, conference centre, friendly staff, value for money (particularly if reduced for group travelers).

Cons: Far from town and most amenities, (unless you have own transport), bushy setup, beware of mosquitos, baboons and other bugs, expensive breakfast and quite poor. For two consecutive days they couldn't offer a full fruit basket as part of the buffet, except some weak fruit salad.

In a nutshell, not too bad!

Room Tip: Try asking rooms with sea view to make your experience worth while!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DaleTucker_za, Marketing at Pine Lodge Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about the fruit are well taken and we will certainly take them up with Food & Beverage Department. As we border the Cape Receife Nature Reserve, there is very little we can do about unusual "visitors". Our surroundings and the "visitors" that inhabit them all add to the ambience of our coastal resort and we invite you to come back on holiday to experience the relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The vibe must be about as close to that at an American holiday resort as I've experienced in South Africa - which is not a bad thing at all. The rooms are fairly basic, but considering the cost (and the location) Pine Lodge offers excellent value for money. Although I spent a week on business, I think this would be an awesome place to spend a family holiday, especially if you have (youngish) kids.

As the name says, all the chalets, offices, receptions, etc. are built out of pine, which given the setting - among the sand dunes and coastal dune forest - just seems rights. The grounds are really well maintained - in fact, the camp site looks like one of the best I've seen.

The chalets with a sea view are particularly special - nothing like falling asleep to the sound of the waves breaking, the crickets and frogs, the smell of the ocean, and a faint smell of pine. Awesome!

The reception staff are amazing. Super-friendly hardly describes them. They really make you feel like a guest at a 5 star hotel. Nothing is too much trouble, and everything is done with a big smile and a "no problem" attitude.

The restaurant serves great dinners (its a popular spot for the locals, which says a lot), and the breakfasts were also very good.

The lodge has a small shop for a few basics, but the main PE beachfront is barely 4km away, which is great, because everything is easily accessible, but you don't feel like you're in the city. Away from the city lights, the night sky was spectacular.

My only complaints, and they are tiny ones (I grasping at straws here!) is that you only get 1 coffee per person per day in your room (although the reception staff didn't hesitate to give me a full cup of instant coffee and another of sugar when I asked for more!), and that the resorts gym leaves a bit (ok, quite a lot) to be desired. It was only the most basic of equipment, most of which has seen better days.

And just a word of caution - Pine Lodge is the only hotel ever that I've stayed at that has alarms in all the rooms that you have to switch off/on as you enter/exit. But I appreciate this - security is a HUGE problem all over South Africa, and at least the lodge management are doing something about it!

I'd definitely stay again, preferably for a holiday, rather than for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here in the self catering chalet. The chalet was very basic and small. But was ok for a night's stay considering the cost.The setting is quite picturesque with sea view but a bit away from the town center. Taxi to the boardwalk will cost you out ZAR 50. Breakfast comes at an additional ZAR 105 if you want it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

like the title states...pinelodge is lik our second home. we assosiated 6 years now with this lodge and they do it better and better each year. unlike other vacation destinations, pinelodge actually listens to their guests and really goes out of there way to help. my kids loves the new attractions...
so i strongly recommend this resort if you want to unwind and relax..
and to Kerri Saunders and Phillip Muller...as always HOME SWEET HOME!

Room Tip: all the rooms are recommendable
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ziyaana S
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Our family of six has vowed to be back. My four kids had the most thrilling experience my eldest son is 23 and the youngest is 9 and each one had something to do.

Our holidays are always determined by whether the kids will enjoy it. They loved it. We mad use of absolutely all the entertainment but the Island bar area because we are Muslim. My husband loved the fact that he could sit on his stoep and braai and look across the ocean on his binoculars
I finally got into the water after avoiding it for most of my life. The pool is safe, clean and so much fun.
I loved the fact that there is a cleaning service available so my daughter and I could also relax. The coffee shop also so convenient if you not in the mood for cOoking.

The shop had everything we needed. Coming to the staff. We done our booking on the phone and phumela was very helpful as for Andiswa who had to deal with my 1000 questions she has the patience of a saint and a smile to match.
I like the fact that all the entertainment is free which makes it very economical for us. As public servants we can't often afford to go on holiday but we have already booked to return for a longer stay in Dec/Jan. Safety is a big issue for me and not once did I have to worry about that as the security was visible at night.
Thank you for a wonderful weekend.
Jamiellah and Shaun Domingo + Ziyaad,Zarah,Zaahir and Zeeshan.

• Stayed: January 2012