“Amazing find, Lizzie the house keeper so helpful.”

Admiralty Beach House
Ranked #1 of 43 Summerstrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in May early this year, we had just had a long drive from Kruger and a flight from Johannesburg.

The people at the B&B booked us a taxi to pick us from the airport and it was waiting for us, we arrived around 8pm and were greated by LIzzie who had been working there for years she instantly made us feel at home and helped us book a cab and a restaurant for dinner.

The room was amazing very homely and the attention to detail with all the special features was great, our room open onto the amazing garden very cosy.

When we woke up in the morning we were greeting by Lizzie and the best breakfast we had the whole time we were in Africa, even though there was only two of us, everything had been set up. So much choice I even took a picture that I will have to post.

Lizzie is a valuable member of staff and a lovely lady.

A stones throw from the beach and town centre, we would 100% stay here again.

Natalie

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2012

spent an amazing week in this lovely guesthouse, just 1 min away from summerstrand beach. the room (fish pond) was large, nicely decorated, and perfectly clean. the guesthouse has a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, the owners Alan and Jo, and all of their staff are very competent and super friendly. also loved the huge selection and quality of the breakfast. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just back from a business/holiday trip to Port Elizabeth where I stayed for two weeks in this lovely guesthouse. Had a week in the Dunes room and another one in Fish at the Pond where my girlfriend joined me. Both rooms were absolutely spot on, super clean, with a reasonable priced minibar and Wifi and were nicely decorated. Probably the first place which I would swap for my own flat! Definitely when you take the beach into account which is just around the corner and which you can view from the Dunes room (also from Waves if you get this room). Every room has its own charm from what I can tell but the biggest selling point in this place are two are other things - the service and the breakfast. I have never experienced a friendlier service in a guesthouse/hotel before in my life and that is true for the owners Alan and Jo and for every single one of their lovely staff! And the breakfast... I am still speechless! You get an amazing choice of continental breakfast including fresh fruits, pancakes, muffins, quiche, bread/cereals, yoghurt with an extra special every day that changes daily (so you always are looking forward to a surprise when you stay longer and go down for breakfast) and also freshly-prepared cooked breakfast which I only had once (and was gorgeous!) as I couldn't stop eating all the other stuff first. I can't think about a better place to stay and can highly recommend the Admiralty!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have just come back from a three and a half week trip to SA following the England rugby tour. For the first two and a half weeks I stayed in chain hotels, all very nice etc but this place finished the tour with a bang.
Where can I start. I was in the Waves room which was fantastic, clean and the sort of place I would be happy to live in. Free wireless (essential for work), tea, coffee etc all in place.
The breakfast is worth the price alone. Full running buffet of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cold meats, cheese etc and a cooked to order fry-up. None of the eating greasy bacon that has been hanging around for four hours that you get in big hotels.
The staff were fantastic - on the first day I caught in a PE downpour and Marelisse at reception dried my coat out for me. Owners were great, sociable without being in your face like they can be at some guest houses. Just the right balance.
Also only a short walk from the beach and the restaurants in PE. Can't praise it highly enough and would recommend it to anybody.
I know I will be going back.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam H
Reviewed June 2, 2012

we recently spent some time at this beach house and what a fantastic place it is. i highly recommend this beautiful guest house with top quality tasteful finishes, very friendly and helpful staff and a breakfast to die for.thanks for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: all the suites are great but for a beautiful sea view, book upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Far Too little if I Rate this Place Excellent.
We have stayed at the best properties across the globe but never felt so much at home and that too at the most unexpected place. The best part about this place is that it has 8 rooms and every guest is taken care of very well. The owners know their guests by their names and are very active in day to day activities which made our stay super comfortable. We had some issues as we had booked the wrong room which exceeded the maximum capacity but without a hitch we were sorted. A well spread breakfast is what we look forward to and we were not disappointed. The breakfast area/ Lounge is what i liked most about this place. Rooms and Bathrooms are very well appointed with all the modern day luxury - Absolutely 5 star.
All in all it would be rather impossible to find a shortcoming in this property and the hospitality.
I would strongly recommend this property and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed for one night at this lovely, clean place. Our room (Waves) is nicely decorated and very comfortable with a lounge. Every room has an own entrance and is individually decorated. The breakfast was delicious and you can choose: fruits, a fresh tarte, eggs, bacon, different jams, cheese, cold cuts, juices, cereals, joghurt and fresh coffee. The breakfast room and the pool area are cozy and inviting. The owners are nice and will give you tipps for the area. You have to try this place, it is also very close to the beach, we will come back again, when we are in PE. Absolutely perfect, more is not possible. Thanks a lot to the owners.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy20112012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
#1 of 238 in Port Elizabeth
Manor 38
Manor 38
#2 of 43 in Summerstrand

Been to Admiralty Beach House? Share your experiences!