Admiralty Beach Guest House
$93
$114
$95
Agoda.com
Blue Bay BnB(Summerstrand)(Great Value!)
$59
All reviewsfish pondguest houseb bgarden cottagegorgeous placepoolside roomattention to detailpetrol stationfamily roomone nightbreakfast was excellentbusy roadplace to stayensuite bathroomowners and staffport elizabethlong flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Was recommended to Admiralty after staying at the Garden Court for a week.

The rooms are mixed. Some of them are fantastic and others just ok. But overall comfortable with enough space. I stayed in 4 different rooms over the few weeks i was there and the best of them all was Waves....i think.

Everything is very comfortable and breakfast is a treat. The owners are around at breakfast most morning, but Diane is the real gem. She's there mostly and very accommodating. I recommended a few of my colleagues and they loved it as well.

It's rated 5 star, but I would disagree. All is in place for it to be 5 star, but with that kind of rating it's the small things that count....like switching on lights at nite, choc on pillow, bed opened etc. This is done on the first nite only.

Noise from street can be loud in certain rooms as it's a main bus and taxi route. So if you are a late sleeper, be prepared to rouse early here.

Having said that it does not put me off. What I got for the money paid was well worth it!

Great job!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2009

This accommodation was recommended to us by a travel agent in the UK and it was absolutely fantastic. There are 7 guest rooms each with their own theme, we stayed in the Fish Pond room and there is actually a fish pond situated just outside the room.

The room is just so luxurious and has an adjacent bathroom which is just amazing. There is great attention to detail and everything imaginable is included in the room for you to use - hairdryer, fridge (minibar where everything was very reasonably priced), microwave, torch and candles (in case of power cut), umbarell, bath robes, shower gel, shampoo, soap, air freshener, etc.

The breakfast was absolutely excellent as well, again with everything you can imagine on offer

All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble and the owners of the accommodation met us on arrival and made us feel very welcome

There is a lovely garden area at the back of the property which is a great chilling out area where there is ample seating, there is also a small pool and sun loungers with towels provided

Reviewed June 2, 2009

My 5 day stay was like a little bit of heaven. The garden room was beautifully and tastefully laid out. The staff were all amazingly friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. I loved the outdoor plants and water features and the indoor ambience was rich in charm, welcome and artistic creativity. I was treated to delicious and sumptuous breakfasts and enjoyed the easy access to shops as well as the boardwalk walk beside the ocean. The balance of sophisticated simplicity made me feel at home, peaceful and grounded. A truly wonderful break - thank you.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I recently stayed at The Admiralty Beach house in Port Elizabeth, South Africa whilst on a business trip for 3 nights. The welcome was warm and friendly and the ambience was stylish and comforting. My room was spacious and clean with great attention to detail. On the second day, the wind and rain was howling and as I was about to leave, Diana, the hostess ran up to me and presented me with an umbrella. The breakfast before work was delicious and there was a good variety of fresh fruit, pastries and omelettes.
I would highly recommend Admiralty to anyone....it certainly is a 5 star establishment !!!

Jon Unsworth ( UK )

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Our family of six, including two middle-aged and four young adults (21 to 24), stayed at Admiralty Beach House for five nights over Christmas while in Port Elizabeth for a family wedding. Our stay was delightful. All three rooms we booked were spacious and comfortable, two had private outdoor areas. I loved the high ceilings and bath tub of our Fish Pond Room. One of the upstairs rooms had a sitting area with large television, perfect for our 21 and 22 yr old sons and for family viewing of our safari photographs on the large screen TV. The gardens were beautiful and the young adults enjoyed the pool and held a braii in the yard. Great breakfasts, personal service, attentive, helpful staff, gracious hostess. Walk to the beach across the street. The only negative we experienced was that the gas station on the edge of this residential area could be noisy, as noted by another reviewer. This was not a problem for us during the day (in fact our young adults utilized the mini-mart and fast food) and it quieted down by late evening, so it was a minor negative point overwhelmed by all of the positive points of this B&B.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ElizabethSharp