All reviews guest house swimming pool one night breakfast was excellent comfortable bed attention to detail enjoyed our stay excellent location restaurants and shops within easy walking distance the breakfast area safe parking close to the airport lovely guesthouse a great place to stay would definitely stay here again pe airport
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Every attention to detail in the rooms. lovely personal touches. Breakfast delicious. Rooms 1 and 3 are small and only have double beds, small cupboard in room 1, so best suited to individuals. I was disappointed we were placed in the smaller rooms as a family of 4 booking 2 rooms when individuals were placed in the larger rooms. I was under the impression all rooms had a queen size bed at least. It seems rooms are allocated on a first come first serve basis or are reserved for regulars. We were able to move to room 5 for 3 nights which was more comfortable, but then we had to move back to a smaller room. Not quite the 5 star service i was expecting. Rooms are around the pool so not as quite as i would have wanted but considering it';s December it's understandable..

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Carslogie, Owner at Carslogie House, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

I am very pleased that these guests enjoyed the attention to detail which Carslogie House is well known for. Unfortunately the review states incorrectly that the beds in the rooms they occupied were double beds. They are, in fact queen size beds. All guests are treated equally and our policy is not to inconvenience guests who have asked for specific rooms with specific requirements,eg, king/twin beds, triple room and bookings made well in advance. Upon making this booking, these guests were informed that the only rooms available were rooms 1 and 3 and that they had queen beds. They were happy to accept these rooms under these circumstances. It would have been most unfair to have inconvenienced the other guests, whom have made their bookings months in advance, specifying twin/king/triple rooms, in order to accommodate this family who only made their booking after the rest of the rooms had already been booked, some since the beginning of 2011.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Carslogie will be a place I return to if I come back to South Africa. I did read a complaint in another review about it not being "luxury". Come one. Everything is relative to the rates. This is a solid accommodation given the reasonable rates. I was completely spoiled by South African service at small guest houses and Carslogie was no exception. Friendliness and willingness to help were the order of the day. This can become habit forming!

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JEmDaddy
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I returned for our 5th visit to Carslogie House in Oct 2011. Yet again, we were extremley pleased with our stay, nothing is too much trouble for the most wonderful and friendly staff, the whole house is a delight, the rooms are all large and airy, the bed, as always, the most comfortable during the whole of our stay in South Africa - and we did travel around, and the breakfasts really are superb. We cannot wait for our next trip, which would not be complete without a stay at Christines!

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank DebraMoorby
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Hospitality and Service were simply superb!
The rooms were extraordinary tasteful furnished.
We felt welcomed immediately and experienced a familiar atmosphere.
erikawisser@krisch.co.za

Room tip: All rooms superb, depend on needs and preferences
Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This was another return trip back to Port Elizabeth and Carslogie B&B. The owner and staff were friendly and great as usual. There was plenty of privacy and exceptionally clean rooms. The pool is always clean and refreshing. I will book my stay here the next time that I am lucky enough to return to the Port Elizabeth area. Thank you for making me feel at home for so long.

Date of stay: May 2011