We had two rooms at this hotel for three nights in July. The hotel was fine, in reasonable condition but kept very clean. The pools are small in size but we didn't make use of them as the beach is a 2 minute walk across the road. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. A 15 minute walk takes you to the dolphinarium and there are some decent pub/restaurants by the beach on the way. If you are staying here I would advise you to book transport from the airport direct with the hotel. Desmond provides an excellent service for only 45ZAR with plenty of advice about where to go in the PE area. The hotel also provided free evening transport to and from the Boardwalk area where there are restaurants, a casino and other attractions, however it is within easy walking distance and the area is safe to walk through even at night.
Breakfasts were really superb and the hotel staff provided a truly excellent service. We didn't use the hotel restaurant for evening meals but it looked good.
It is a hotel though and if you are looking for an authentic South African experience you won't find it here except for the friendliness of the staff and the fantastic brekfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine - Adding value, always. Among the superior beachfront hotels in Port Elizabeth, the 4-Star Protea Hotel Marine is unparalleled. Overlooking the sun-drenched sands of Pollock Beach, with sweeping views of Algoa Bay, this hotel, in the heart of the Friendly City, is renowned for its quality facilities, personal service and luxurious atmosphere. From the moment you enter the Protea Hotel Marine, you know you are in an exceptional establishment. The large reception area is elegantly decorated, offering the first taste of a stay that promises an unforgettable experience in comfort and style. Ideal for holidaymakers, families and executives alike, the 4-Star Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine offers luxurious accommodation in a range of comfortable en-suite rooms that boast spectacular sea views. Delicious meals can be enjoyed in the hotel restaurant and there are excellent conference facilities which can cater for 10 - 90 delegates. A secluded roof top splash pool for hot summer days overlooking the ocean, ideal for adults and kids to enjoy. The Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine is situated within walking distance of safe, sandy beaches, various swimming pools, a casino and entertainment complex, not to mention the Museum and Snake Park, and various sporting facilities, including golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Port Elizabeth
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine Summerstrand