1,267 results
All reviews toilet and shower open plan bathroom business hotel modern hotel sea view indian ocean across the road sea front business trip rooms are spacious pleasant stay stayed one night garden route enjoyed my stay south africa port elizabeth cape town
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

Staff are very friendly and willing to assist and accommodate all needs: we had flip charts, sound got video, it support on standby, and total flexibility in terms of meeting our schedule - when we had meals etc
Only area for improvement: room service. An hour for a cappuccino on the morning! Room service did not get the instruction from the '1youch' call it seems. And possibly the finger lunch could offer healthier option. Restaurant meals outstanding!

Trip type: Traveled on business
PLZZRCustRel, Customer Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Dear TAnia0001

Thank you fro the excellent review received. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your experience at the Radisson blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth and appreciate your valued feedback.

On behalf of my team and I , please accept my apologies regarding the delay regrading room service. I will address this with our Food and Drinks Manager in order to improve these areas.

Reviewed February 10, 2017

I have read some of the reviews below and still booked this hotel and feel I had a very different experience, I'm not sure if the other people who reviewed are just very picky.

Check in was perfectly fine, no problems and maybe a 5 minute wait as everyone checking people in had customers, so no complaints there.

Our room was clean upon arrival and had some great oceans views.

Our key card did stop working one day, and within a few minutes of telling the front desk, maintenance arrived and figured out the batteries in the electric lock were dead and replaced them swiftly and no other problems with it from that point.

We spent two days at the ball enjoying the fun and friendly bar staff, granted service was a little slow now and then, but that was at busy times. The pool was really nice and a great place to relax.

Overall a very nice hotel experience. No complaints here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Jayda L

Thank you for your valued review as posted here on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to have read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu hotel, Port Elizabeth. We truly appreciate your constructive feedback and will address these areas where applicable.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

There is no faulting the reception staff at this hotel but that is clearly where standards stop. I should have been forewarned by the guest who came to the front desk while we were checking in and asked for her room to be re cleaned. She had just checked in.
The rooms are bare and functional. There is nothing to make it special in any way. In fact I found quite a few things missing. No dustbin, no water, no bulb in my light. No bath mat. The idea of a supervisor checking rooms post check in - as is the norm - cannot exist here.
On my second night I discover quite a few TV channels not working. I call the One Touch call service. "My BBC channel is not working I say", "What is the BBC?" the young woman asks. Really? You work in an international hotel chain and you do not know what the BBC is?
I then call to order dinner on the room service number. I ask for the pasta, which one the woman responds. I point out there is only one pasta on the room service menu. She says she doesn't have a copy of the menu. I soon establish that the same young woman on the One Service, Room Service and Operator is the SAME woman. She tells me she is a trainee. I mean poor thing. How can a hotel not have trained staff manning their phones??
So service is poor, rooms mediocre and they are overpriced. Not even the restaurant is nice. This hotel totally trades on its brand name.
I have been told The Boardwalk has very decent rooms. Next time.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LoveRSA
PLZZRCustRel, Customer Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

Dear LoveRSA

I have read your comments about the extremely poor service levels and the overall experience you had whilst staying here. Please be assured that it is not the standard in which we pride ourselves , and I am sure what you are accustomed to. Your comments have therefore been distributed to the entire team here and will be addressed accordingly and measures are being put into place to ensure that we lift the bar.

We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards and with this in mind please accept my sincere apologies om behalf of my team and I.

I hope that in the future we will have an opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and brand.

Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

Good place to stay overnight.
10mins from shopping mall and airport. Close to N2. Scenic view over oceans. Good breakfast. Parking available. Swimming pool on 2nd floor. Friendly staffs. Walking distance to restaurant

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Kaviraj R

Thank you for your review as posted here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to have read some of your positive comments regarding your experience with us here at the hotels as well as in our beautiful city.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 nights. Hotel room view was superb but cleanliness should be improved, not same standard as European radisson. Good breakfast buffet. A bit of city center but in walking distance (20 min) to sun broadway which has some restaurants...

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
PLZZRCustRel, Customer Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2017

Dear Ronny G

Thank you for taking the time to let us know regarding your recent stay with us. We hope that you had a wonderful time whilst staying with us. I take heed of your comments regrading the cleanliness in your room and will share your comments with our Executive housekeeper in order to continue to improve.

Please visit us again soon.