“No room at the inn?”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We arrived late, after dark and needed an early night as we were getting up early again. The reception desk somehow seemed to think that the three of us, work colleagues, were sharing a room. Even though our booking was for 3 separate rooms. I wasn't getting any joy out of the clerk for additional rooms and he checked my two colleagues into a twin room sharing. Was I sleeping on the couch? No idea, because I was not having any of it. I made him check under different names, using each of my colleague's names. We found another booking. I was given a double room. Off we went upstairs. My colleagues discovered their "twin" room was actually a double bed room. They were 2 men.... Reception found another room, suddenly, that they could move to. My room was lovely. Comfortable bed, all the expected trimmings. Only issue was the shower. It flooded into the bathroom and was getting under the tiles so when you walked over it it sloshed. Wonderful breakfast spread. Nice hotel. Pity the reception was clueless and the plumbing 2 star.

• Stayed: April 2014
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Tristan K,

Many thanks for choosing the Radisson Blu as your residence of choice whilst visiting Port Elizabeth. I have read your review and must admit I was slightly saddened by the onset of your experience. In spite of this I was delighted to have not that we managed to ensure that your experience overall was a good one.

We look forward to another visit in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth

Reviewed July 22, 2014

located on the beachfront you never far from the see with great view over the bay and sea.the floor with the pool deck is in line with the sea is just great. the food is good and u pay for that . nice rooms and good staff to take care of you to give your stay much more meaning. look online for promotions its will cut cost.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Alroy J,

Many thanks for the review as posted here on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to have read that you enjoyed your stay and that we lived up to your expectations.

We trust that you will come and visit us again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for a night. I arrived after 4pm, and was told that my room was not ready. the receptionist then moved me to another room, which was ok. I had to ask about breakfast, and was told that my rate does not include breakfast, which was not true. She had to check again and realized her mistake. I was not told anything about hotel facilities. I was told to go to the room, and had to ask where the lifts were. I found it odd that I was not accompanied to my room as even lower rated hotels do these days, so I had to carry my luggage up to my room. The room was ok, not as big as rooms in other Raddisson hotels I have stayed in. The view from my hotel room was really good. I ordered room service, and although a bit pricey, it was nothing to write home about. At breakfast, no one showed me where to sit, nor was I offered coffee or tea. I think this hotel needs to value customer service, and they have to train their staff to offer good service to ALL customers because at the price I paid, the service did not justify the steepness of the cost.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Abongile S

Dear Abongile S,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. I have read your review about the extremely poor service levels and the overall experience you had whilst staying here and I must admit it saddened me.

Please be assured that it is not the standard in which we pride ourselves, and I am sure what you have been accustomed to during your travels. Your comments have therefore been distributed to the entire team here and will be addressed accordingly and measures are being put into place to ensure that we lift the bar once more.

We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards at Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth and with this in mind please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team and I.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, this was the first stop on our 11 day trip. The room was very clean and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The Pier and shopping center are about a 10-15 minute walk along a beautiful boardwalk. The food and drinks were great, but will be much cheaper off property. Its a business hotel, but great price great location, hard to top.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Tom K,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that
the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Radisson are great with our kids, give us great rooms, and great service. Kids love teaching the chef how to cook "egg in a hole" that we saw other guests asking for it! Kids also love speaking Xhosa with the people who serve us! For us it's the best place to stay in PE; great views, great staff, great experience from check in until we left!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must, as well as asking ahead of time for connecting rooms if you have several childre...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently and yet again I shoudl say. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Even after getting a suite room you get discriminated here. They dont serve everything you see online. And yes the staff they have Is the laziest and worst staff I cud ever come across. Would you even like to stay here for free? I would never....

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Shivani1 ,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. I have read your review here on TripAdvisor and must admit it saddened me terribly.

Your commentary about being discriminated against is noted but I do not believe this is the case. We have have a very wide variety of guests who stay in our Hotel at any given time and these include people form all walks of life and society. And it is with this in mind that my team and I are extremely mindful and cognizant that we treat all our guests exactly the same and also heed there specific requirements.

I therefore find the fact that you felt we were marginalizing you, out of character with our beliefs and service ethos of "Yes I Can!" and would like to apologise if you feel that you were treated with contempt whilst visiting our Hotel.

However, please be assured that it is not the standard in which we pride ourselves, and I am sure you are accustomed to. Your comments have therefore been distributed to the entire team here and we will endeavour to ensure that we continue to be sensitive to our guests' needs.

We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards at Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth and with this in mind, feeling that we mistreated you, please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team and I.

Desmond O’Connor
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed July 1, 2014

we had been family of four to raddison port elizabeth situated right opposite to beautiful beach.It has got very nice location and magnificient and clean beach. Morever service of staff was very good and prompt and breakfast buffet was well spread out one. Only flipside is we had taken family room and it had no doors in bathroom so privacy was bit disturbed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Bhavinmfab,

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
#12 of 13 in Summerstrand

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!