“World class service”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Well done to Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth for an overnight stay worthy of praise. All a traveler can ask for is friendly service and a comfortable stay of which this hotel delivered in bucket loads. I really hope that the staff in PE are complimented on their outstanding efforts.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Antaony B
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Antaony B,

Thank you for this review and albeit short it is very powerful and makes me extremely proud of my team and the fact that they created another exceptional experience for one of our guests.

Be rest assured that I shall make your comments known to them and also express my sincere appreciation for their commitment and true dedication to our ethos of "Yes I Can".

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

i can recommend this hotel on many levels, quality of room, food, service and inhouse spa! every room i have stayed in has a sea view. i use the hotel regularly and have been consistently had a greaet experience at the Radisson in Port Elizabeth.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear Alice B,

Thank you for the lovely review as posted here on TripAdvisor. It really warms my heart to have read that you were looked after and that we managed to "delight" another guest in our Hotel. It goes with our ethos of "Yes I Can".

My team and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We did not stay at this hotel, but ate there on two occasions last month. We had just arrived in South Africa and I had developed a cold, two of the servers in the restaurant were wonderful and asked the kitchen to conjure up a concoction that made my cold disappear within hours. Their names, Ziyonda Dumse and Bulelwa Mqaa. They both remembered us from our previous visit and made us feel very welcome. The food is extremely good, something we did not expect from a 'national chain' type of hotel. Would recommend and if ever in that area again, will most certainly use.

Room Tip: Use the restaurant!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Cuthberrys,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that
the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The atmosphere at the Radisson is extremely nice, where the staff will do everything and really go out of their way to make you feel at home. Great service, helping out with print outs, scans, complicated bill splits etc. no matter what issues/needs I had, they came up with a solution for me. The pool was not very big, however with the beach just in front there is really no need to use the pool. The location is great, just in front of the beach, and the view from the room is absolutely amazing. Rooms are very nicely decorated, with shower and bathtub and one wall is all window overlooking the sea. Gym facilities are good, treadmills, bikes, weights kettle bells and a good spacious area for stretching and floor excercises. The spa is good, they have a wide range and good availability. The restaurant has a nice terrace and a good and diverse menu. The same goes for the breakfast, wide range from cereals, to fresh bread, bacon, ham, eggs, potatoes and also an omelet station where they make omelets to order. All in all I had a great experience in this hotel, and I can fully recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Linda Z,

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our room was definitely one with a view ... a beautiful view of the coast and potential unsettling views within the room thanks to the open plan bathroom! Laundry service was excellent. Good food both in the restaurant and in the bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Helen5N,

Reviewed May 25, 2014

What a fantastic way to spend a Friday evening with the love of my life. Professional staff, friendly advice & lovely atmosphere. Could see the Friday evening cocktail specials were a huge hit to many, once this was over it quietened down and the atmosphere was relaxing. Special dining experience indeed. Almost felt like we were back in Bangkok having a superb time. The initial order had a small glitch & the Cape Millay curry had way too much salt in the sauce, but all round a highly recommended place to dine. Not cheap, but indeed a value for money! The cheese board is the best we have eaten in Port Elizabeth. Thanks for an awesome evening, the Mc Donald's will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear MackyDs,

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Fantastic views from our room on the 14th floor to Cape Recief. Local shops and the sea just a short walk away.

Bathroom layout was odd with no wall to the bedroom. Separate cubicles for WC and shower but the bath was open plan so, if you prefer bath make sure you are sharing with a friend!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear SteveMG,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed most of your stay with us here at the Hotel.

I noted your comments about the room layout and admit that is can be rather odd as you mentioned especially if you are sharing the room with a friend. We are looking into ways of changing this configuration in the not too distant future.

That said, it still makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu in the hopefully not too distant future.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
#12 of 13 in Summerstrand

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!